BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

42 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Just out of curiosity, I don’t really understand who you expect to be after him? Any club names?

If a player has international credentials and has the potential to be worth 10 times as much in a few years time I'd expect loads of clubs to be interested. But they're not.

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It;s rather like a house - which is only worth what someone is willing to pay unless there are two interested parties competing with each other

Would you rather we were in a bidding war for him and lose out because we can't pay the price?

Odd post.

Not really. If he has as much potential as TM obviously thinks he has its odd that no-one else has any interest in him. That's all, nothing odd about it.

And your second sentence is pathetic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

If a player has international credentials and has the potential to be worth 10 times as much in a few years time I'd expect loads of clubs to be interested. But they're not.

Not really. If he has as much potential as TM obviously thinks he has its odd that no-one else has any interest in him. That's all, nothing odd about it.

Liverpool and United were interested in him. Not every club in the Championship A-Needs this type of player B-Has 8 million to spend on him

Worth 10 times more? Jesus, thats a touch optimistic 

I would take the Liverpool and United interest with a pinch of salt, most young players who make an impression are soon after touted as being looked at by one of the top 6 clubs, it's easy copy. Based on the amount of young talent the top teams hoover up anyone they have an interest in they generally take. Again, I'm not saying Brereton isn't decent, I just think hanging a hat on the fact that Liverpool allegedly 'looked' (what does that even mean really) at him at some point 2 years ago isn't much of a yard stick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I would take the Liverpool and United interest with a pinch of salt, most young players who make an impression are soon after touted as being looked at by one of the top 6 clubs, it's easy copy. Based on the amount of young talent the top teams hoover up anyone they have an interest in they generally take. Again, I'm not saying Brereton isn't decent, I just think hanging a hat on the fact that Liverpool allegedly 'looked' (what does that even mean really) at him at some point 2 years ago isn't much of a yard stick.

They aren't linked with every young player. In fact the young British players either club are linked with are few and far between. You can take it with a pinch of salt, but there is something in it. It was reported in numerous sources. 

9 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

But yet he's still at Forest and nobody else in the premier league has taken a punt on him?

Why the question mark? Are you asking me that? 

This is silly. Fans saying "well nobody else signed him or are interested in him". I don't understand what the point of this argument is. Firstly, ye have absolutely no idea what interest is or has been in him.

No matter who we are linked with some fans seem to find a problem, yet if other clubs sign them, they are the bees knees and we missed a trick. I bet if Wigan were on the verge of signing Brearton for 8 million, the permaneg minority on here would be saying how Wigan are about the pull off a masterstroke, why can't we match them, this is exactly the type of player we should be signing etc etc It's comical 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why the question mark? Are you asking me that? 

This is silly. Fans saying "well nobody else signed him or are interested in him". I don't understand what the point of this argument is. Firstly, ye have absolutely no idea what interest is or has been in him.

No matter who we are linked with some fans seem to find a problem, yet if other clubs sign them, they are the bees knees and we missed a trick. I bet if Wigan were on the verge of signing Brearton for 8 million, the permaneg minority on here would be saying how Wigan are about the pull off a masterstroke, why can't we match them, this is exactly the type of player we should be signing etc etc 

It's more of an open question as to why if 2 of the top teams were interested in him are none of the remaining 18 cash rich teams interested?

As for your other little rant, the problem on here is people see everything as black and white. If you are cautious about a signing you're negative and if your pro a signing you're a happy clapper, I can safely say I'm neither. I'm big enough and stupid enough to be able to form my own opinions. I think with this transfer it's to be expected that some fans are cautious, its a long time since we've spent any money and my worry is that this is a one time splash from Venkys and if it goes wrong its the last money we will see invested in the side for a long long time; I'm fearful of spending it on the wrong player.

Brereton could be amazing, he could also be terrible, 8 million pounds plus no doubt hefty wages is a lot of money and with it comes a lot of expectation. So there are certain questions that need to be asked in my opinion, asking those questions doesn't make you negative, in fact quite the opposite. I want the best for Blackburn Rovers and securing longer term success, when we're investing so much in a player (probably around 4 times the amount that has been invested in the squad in the last 4 years) surely it's right to question whether this is a good deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim Royle said:

But you are, so you’ll look on grumbling if we don’t spend money, moan it’s on the wrong players if we do spend money, remember every mistake every young graduate has made and hold it against him for years, always think that other clubs are getting better players in, hell you might even chant 442 when 3-0 up in the premiership!

I might even wear my King Kenny t-shirt and sing "we're walking in a Shearer wonderland". 

However, I do believe we are building, or at least trying to build a team for the future. I am all over buying young hot prospects for £xmillion rather than go down to the the route of buying has beens with mega wages. I trust TM and his team and think/pray that this is the beginning of something good. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I might even wear my King Kenny t-shirt and sing "we're walking in a Shearer wonderland". 

However, I do believe we are building, or at least trying to build a team for the future. I am all over buying young hot prospects for £xmillion rather than go down to the the route of buying has beens with mega wages. I trust TM and his team and think/pray that this is the beginning of something good. 

Woke up this morning, feeling fine.

• Like 5

I know he did his ACL but even so, he's a fantastic player and one of the few who runs at defenders in a straight line, always looks to beat his man. Providing he hasn't lost too much pace as a result of his ACL surgery and/or the ability to turn sharply he should absolutely rip it up in the Championship.

• Like 1

I think its unfair to say injuries affect him, he's had 1 horrific injury which has kept him out for a long time, prior to that his injury record is pretty average for a Premier League winger. He managed to play in the final 20 games of the season last year after being out for over 12 months with an ACL tear, so his knee looks like it's holding up ok thus far.

Edited by Lancaster Rover
  • Like 2