BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I know Rich Sharpe isn't as in the loop as we thought but he seems to think we haven't gone as high as 8 million for Brereton. 

He's probably right as if they went from 5 mill to 8 I think Forest would've ripped Rovers hands off and also I don't think TM is that daft.  Probably if it goes through it might be a deal up to 8 mill or a deal worth 8 with fee, contract etc etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He's probably right as if they went from 5 mill to 8 I think Forest would've ripped Rovers hands off and also I don't think TM is that daft.  Probably if it goes through it might be a deal up to 8 mill or a deal worth 8 with fee, contract etc etc.

Has to be addons such as a promotion clause or something - wasnt we due more from Boro if they got promoted with Rhodes?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JeffRover said:

No he isn’t. He is clarifying with other clubs and the EFL what their definition of “with a view to buy” is. There is no indication given whether TM wants it to be legally binding or not. He might want to stop another club swooping in January which causes Forest to cancel the deal and get more money for him. Equally Forest want to protect themselves and stop us sending him back for nowt if he is a dud. It’s effectively a permanent transfer in all but name. We’ve gone over this many times before.

You might want to read the quote again. He specifically mentions the word 'binding' twice. What kind if 'binding' did you think he meant? Book binding? And if a club 'swoops' for Brereton in January after he's been on loan with us then a 'loan with a view to a permanent deal' isn't legally binding. So it isn't a permanent transfer in all but name if it isn't legally binding. You get that right?

And I'm not sure who you have 'gone over this many times' with before my exasperated little friend but it certainly wasn't with me.  

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You might want to read the quote again. He specifically mentions the word 'binding' twice. What kind if 'binding' did you think he meant? Book binding? And if a club 'swoops' for Brereton in January after he's been on loan with us then a 'loan with a view to a permanent deal' isn't legally binding. So it isn't a permanent transfer in all but name if it isn't legally binding. You get that right?

And I'm not sure who you have 'gone over this many times' with before my exasperated little friend but it certainly wasn't with me.  

Can't understand why TM has said this though.Clubs have already done deals on loan with a binding deal come January 1st 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So why haven't they signed him ? £ 8 million is absolute peanuts to clubs like Utd or Liverpool. 

Maybe they think he's not quite good enough for them ?  On the other hand if he is that highly regarded it's surprising a lesser PL club hasn't come in for him.  Rovers are damned if they do sign him and damned if they don't sign him with this player. As you say, £8m is nothing these days but to Venky-run Rovers it's an aboslute fortune and we can't afford to get it wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Can't understand why TM has said this though.Clubs have already done deals on loan with a binding deal come January 1st 

It does seem a strange thing to say. If he wants any deal to be legally binding then they would just include a clause in the loan contract surely? 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It does seem a strange thing to say. If he wants any deal to be legally binding then they would just include a clause in the loan contract surely? 

Deals have already been done that will become perm in Jan  since the permanent window closed.And like you say it can just get written in the contract.

And even when Rhodes joined Wednesday it was initially on loan and becoming permanent once the next window opened. 

Have to say those quotes from Mogga left me confused when I read them.He talked about getting clarity from the EFL and Premier league, I mean surely if anything needed to be cleared up then questions would have been asked and answers got by now.Only 10 days till the loan window closes 

(I hope I don't have a ban for voice my opinion as I have 2 times in last weeks)

We have good team for input into the Championship, if we sign no big money or big names it won't be bad i my views.

Trust Tony, he is building project to challenge promotion, may not be this seasons, but next may be?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Deals have already been done that will become perm in Jan  since the permanent window closed.And like you say it can just get written in the contract.

And even when Rhodes joined Wednesday it was initially on loan and becoming permanent once the next window opened. 

Have to say those quotes from Mogga left me confused when I read them.He talked about getting clarity from the EFL and Premier league, I mean surely if anything needed to be cleared up then questions would have been asked and answers got by now.Only 10 days till the loan window closes 

I wouldn't have thought it was anything whatsoever to do with the EFL or the Premier League. Clubs can insert a clause making the move permanently binding on both parties or not. It's entirely up to them.

Have to say it's all coming across as one excuse after another and has done for quite some time. Then at the end of the window we can claim we gave it "a right good go" but were beaten by circumstances beyond our control etc.

I'm not blaming TM as he seems to be a man of integrity and I don't think he would intentionally lead the fans down the garden path. Between Waggott and the recruitment department though they don't half have to get their act into gear .

2 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

(I hope I don't have a ban for voice my opinion as I have 2 times in last weeks)

We have good team for input into the Championship, if we sign no big money or big names it won't be bad i my views.

Trust Tony, he is building project to challenge promotion, may not be this seasons, but next may be?

It will be a dissapointment though Mark. 

I'm sure Tony will be as dissapointed as the fans if we don't bring in a few quality signings 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Maybe they think he's not quite good enough for them ?  On the other hand if he is that highly regarded it's surprising a lesser PL club hasn't come in for him.  Rovers are damned if they do sign him and damned if they don't sign him with this player. As you say, £8m is nothing these days but to Venky-run Rovers it's an aboslute fortune and we can't afford to get it wrong. 

I won't damn them if they don't sign him. As you say we can't afford to get this one wrong. There's a lot riding on it. Somebody worth that sort of money at our level has got  to be a starter not Graham's understudy.

19 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

The manager himself has just said we can't afford to go till January with the squad we currently have 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gumboots said:

The manager himself has just said we can't afford to go till January with the squad we currently have 

I guess most of us have known that for weeks. At least we know TM thinks the same.

Starting to worry about the skills and business acumen of whoever is supposed to be making deals happen..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess most of us have known that for weeks. At least we know TM thinks the same.

Starting to worry about the skills and business acumen of whoever is supposed to be making deals happen..

Maybe the Chicken Chokers have decided to lend a hand now the test match is as good as over.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Maybe the Chicken Chokers have decided to lend a hand.

Whatever the causes it has been a case of two many promises and too little action!

And I don't-for one moment-think TM has been misleading anyone. To be honest, it is such a breath of fresh air having a manager with such integrity and decency etc

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

How many other Championship managers have put their neck on the line like Mowbray has this summer? Time and time again he has said he wants 4 or 5 more players, we didn't get any of those in time for the permanent deadline, now we can get 4 maximum yet haven't added any more in the 10 days or so since then. We've even boasted at times of the budget provided by the owners, Waggott expecting a surge in ticket sales on the back of new signings, Mowbray saying Chapman wasn't the level we were looking for etc. Whilst there may well have been a strategy to begin with its clear things haven't gone to plan and may well change again in the coming week or so. 

What comes next is anyone's guess but if we're sat here with no additions or only one then the window hasn't gone well. Talk about the owners making money available but we couldn't spend it simply won't wash. 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

How many other Championship managers have put their neck on the line like Mowbray has this summer? Time and time again he has said he wants 4 or 5 more players, we didn't get any of those in time for the permanent deadline, now we can get 4 maximum yet haven't added any more in the 10 days or so since then. We've even boasted at times of the budget provided by the owners, Waggott expecting a surge in ticket sales on the back of new signings, Mowbray saying Chapman wasn't the level we were looking for etc. Whilst there may well have been a strategy to begin with its clear things haven't gone to plan and may well change again in the coming week or so. 

What comes next is anyone's guess but if we're sat here with no additions or only one then the window hasn't gone well. Talk about the owners making money available but we couldn't spend it simply won't wash. 

If nothing happens by August 31st, Waggot might become well er..Wagnew!

If you believe the stories that we're going around bidding £4 million for Freeman and £5 million+ for Brereton then it seems cash for transfer fees isn't the issue. Makes me question what the wage situation is like at the club as its clear we're in some difficulties in getting Championship experienced players into the building despite being supposedly armed with millions thanks to our kind owners. 

Just hope we don't reach a stage where Graham or Lenihan or Mulgrew or Dack enter a sustained absence and we say we could have added more people in the summer and had the money to do it but didnt. 

1 hour ago, Mark45 said:

I appreciate English possibly isn’t your first language (you’re German, right?) but do you have to keep repeating this phrase over and over. It just antagonises people.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2