BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

• Backroom

The other Chap in the photo looks more like Donal Lenihan to me (Darraghs brother and gaelic footballer) purely because of how much it looks like Darragh Lenihan 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Anchebe's glittering record. I hope he'll be paying us to let him play

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2006–2013 Everton 131 (18)
2013–2016 West Bromwich Albion 55 (6)
2016–2017 Sunderland 18 (3)
2017 Beijing Enterprises 11 (2

Christ on a bike he's 30 years old and hasn't even beaten his age in goals! (29) As you said earlier if his presence at Ewood tonight was anything other than purely coincidental it's the sound of an extremely deep barrel being scraped.

How can we go from allegedly being prepared to spend £8m on a striker on £4m on a mdfielder to signing that injury riddled talentless lummox?

Something doesn't quite stack up there.

If the other guy is in our radar, why have him in the crowd in close proximity to someone who is more easily recognisable and thus draws attention to both of them? Given TM is a bit browned off with reported targets being leaked, I find it odd that this guy is effectively in plain sight, as evidenced by a couple of dozen of us now trying to work out who he is. Probably find he isn't a footballer at all or there by invite of one if the players!

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who the person in the black tee shirt?

No idea, but really impressed that whoever took the photo can get 2 bars of 4G.  I’m going to have to swap provider

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Is he what we need though ? We seem well stocked for midfield players. On another tack - when are we going to move some of the fringe players out ?

did you watch the first half today? We're desperate for midfielders

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Christ on a bike he's 30 years old and hasn't even beaten his age in goals! (29) As you said earlier if his presence at Ewood tonight was anything other than purely coincidental it's the sound of an extremely deep barrel being scraped.

How can we go from allegedly being prepared to spend £8m on a striker on £4m on a mdfielder to signing that injury riddled talentless lummox?

We’ll find out one way or another soon.

The only way to prove we have a sizeable budget is to spend it I’m afraid. If we don’t then it was never really there in the first place.

The flip side to that is that if we do have it we might end up chucking it at the last ones left when the nightclub house lights go up.

Not sure which is worse: having the money and not spending it wisely or not having the money at all (again).

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray has said Anichebe isn't happening 

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

TM said we're not interested after game didn't he? 

Jack Rodwell was an average player when he was at his 'peak'. He coincided with a few decent Everton season in terms of using youth and ruined his career by moving to City in their progression years. The truth is if he was good enough he'd have kept a place in the City squad - instead they squandered 15+ million on him. I bet they couldnt believe their luck when, a few years later and less than a handful appearances, they got near enough £10m from Sunderland. Which probably goes to show why they have ended up how they have.

I'm sure there was an alarming stat knocking about that whenever Rodwell played Sunderland tended to lose. He had his contract cancelled at a club like Sunderland because, quite simply, his career as a footballer is done.

Miracles can happen. Mowbray may make a footballer of him. The chances are he'd be better off going to the FA and getting his coaching badges. I only hope he doesn't want to become a fitness coach because he hasn't been fit since 2010.

Don’t get the impression we are any closer to brining in any forwards then. Fully expecting 2 prem youth loan deals tomorrow, centre half and another midfielder?

If we were on the A list a few weeks ago, we must be nearly on x,y and z by now, if we’re talking to the likes of Rodwell

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jack Rodwell was an average player when he was at his 'peak'. He coincided with a few decent Everton season in terms of using youth and ruined his career by moving to City in their progression years. The truth is if he was good enough he'd have kept a place in the City squad - instead they squandered 15+ million on him. I bet they couldnt believe their luck when, a few years later and less than a handful appearances, they got near enough £10m from Sunderland. Which probably goes to show why they have ended up how they have.

I'm sure there was an alarming stat knocking about that whenever Rodwell played Sunderland tended to lose. He had his contract cancelled at a club like Sunderland because, quite simply, his career as a footballer is done.

Miracles can happen. Mowbray may make a footballer of him. The chances are he'd be better off going to the FA and getting his coaching badges. I only hope he doesn't want to become a fitness coach because he hasn't been fit since 2010.

Think he had a couple of decent seasons at Everton, but we’re talking 7 or 8 years ago now. The lad has done nothing since. I’m surprised Tony has even given him the time of day talking to him if I’m honest

6 minutes ago, Valois said:

Don’t get the impression we are any closer to brining in any forwards then. Fully expecting 2 prem youth loan deals tomorrow, centre half and another midfielder?

If we were on the A list a few weeks ago, we must be nearly on x,y and z by now, if we’re talking to the likes of Rodwell

thats the feeling im getting for tomorrow although wouldent surprise me if nothing happend at all

2 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

The club has shot itself in the head never mind the foot if they bring Rodwell on a free and a couple of Prem loans. Especially when Waggott said he expected to shift 1500 more season tickets.

It’s starting to look like we’ve been had. Genuinely hope to be proved wrong, but when you hear the likes of Rodwell talked about as a potential signing. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd rather not panic buy. It rarely turns out well. 

How its a panic buy when we been negotiating for 2 weeks with them. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rodwell and Anichebe would be appalling signings. Not sure if they are has beens, more never have or will be.

Harrison Reed would be a good signing, tidy midfielder, ideally not just a loan.

Anichebe not happening. Rodwell unsure on. Not sure he what we need. 

Reed would be good. Hopefully loan to buy. Maybe numbering Smallwood starting days

Once again Mowbray putting his neck on the line. Expects 2 signings before the weekend (seemingly not attackers) and hopefully 'much bigger deals' than free agents coming in the next 9 days. If we end up with a few loans/free agents its clear why people will be disappointed when the manager is mentioning 'much bigger deals' on the way.

Reading between the lines I'd expect Rodwell and a couple of loans, possibly Reed and a CB, from Premier League clubs. We're probably so confident of announcing them because getting loans over the line is much easier than committing to cash purchases which will go down to the wire. 

With Rodwell, if you think he may be worth it, give him a deal until new year, with option to extend to June if we want. Personally I dont, but on that basis its at least low-risk.

Anichebe used to play up front with Sone Aluko for Nigeria, perhaps he was just visiting a mate?