BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, AdamRochina said:

cant compare the two jesus christ, whittingham was like 33? or something  rodwell is only 27, rodwell might be a hidden gem for us if he finds that spark again

27 and can't find a club. Jesus Christ indeed.  Anyway, you'll be the first to slag him off as soon as he puts the shirt on. 

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

27 and can't find a club. Jesus Christ indeed.  

he lost his way, alot of players can, dosent mean there isnt a player there, if mowbray can get the best out of him we might have a really good midfielder on our hands, and if its a short term deal too on lower wages it could be a low risk gamble that pays dividends

since you made the effort to edit your post to have a slight dig i thought id edit mine too only fair eh?  i will slate any player who puts on our famous blue and whites and proceeds to play like a headless chicken :) 

Edited by AdamRochina
  • Like 2

Just now, AdamRochina said:

he lost his way, alot of players can, dosent mean there isnt a player there, if mowbray can get the best out of him we might have a really good midfielder on our hands, and if its a short term deal too on lower wages it could be a low risk gamble that pays dividends

I understand all that. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whittingham and Caddis leaving very shortly? Not even on bench tonight

tell the truth, if you was a manager at any club from prem to leauge 2 would you even look at whittingham or caddis?  we will end up paying them off as no way any decent manager will sign them

I can make peace with Rodwell if it were to happen. Long as there’s an obvious pay cut and a short-ish deal initially. Reed i like the look of. Imagine Travis and Whittingham would be shipped out on loan and permanent. Leaving us with Smallwood, Evans, Davenport, Rodwell and Reed fighting out for the midfield 2 spots. Rothwell i would love to see there he was sensational tonight and flew in to tackles but he seems a bit too attack minded to be in a Mowbray midfield!

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think Rodwell will happen tbh

Not even sure why TM was wasting his time even giving Rodwell the time of day. Anecdotally listening to the fans of other Clubs he is one to avoid like the plague.

If he does come in it will be completely at odds with TM's oft quoted mantra this summer of the main thing being how important it is to get players with the right character in. Probably a sign of how desperate we are to get anyone in by this stage.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

We aren't interested in him.
Fans are having a tantrum over a player Mowbray has confirmed we have no interest in.

Not a tantrum and glad to see it. Just saying not sure it was good for my health logging on and seeing those names!

Not sure rodwell would add much myself. Would avoid

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not even sure why TM was wasting his time even giving Rodwell the time of day. Anecdotally listening to the fans of other Clubs he is one to avoid like the plague.

If he does come in it will be completely at odds with TM's oft quoted mantra this summer of the main thing being how important it is to get players with the right character in. Probably a sign of how desperate we are to get anyone in by this stage.

Ahhh ok, so do you know him then?

Because I haven’t read anything to suggest he’s a bad character. Expensive and injury plagued is a given. But a player of his pedigree on not a lot of money with a view to proving himself is a no brainer.

The potential signing of Rodwell isn’t at odds with anything. 

Edited by Paul Mani

Rodwell? No thanks.

However, based on Mowbray’s comments it sounds like a done deal: we need to give him a chance and it’s really cheap.

The one position we are stocked up on is central midfield: Rothwell, Evans, Smallwood, Travis, Bennett, Travis, even Whittingham hasn’t left the building yet.

What happened to our budget?

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d say that Travis and Davenport are to go out on loan. Expect possibly Harrison and Rodwell today...would be happy with that.

Nah don’t agree with that, Davenport has just signed and by all accounts can hold his own in the division. I’d keep Travis for athleticism and versatility. If nyambe gets injured I’d want Travis there. As much as Rodwell would be a gamble I’d rather him in the mid than Smallwood who has shows he can’t cut it at this level 

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nah don’t agree with that, Davenport has just signed and by all accounts can hold his own in the division. I’d keep Travis for athleticism and versatility. If nyambe gets injured I’d want Travis there. As much as Rodwell would be a gamble I’d rather him in the mid than Smallwood who has shows he can’t cut it at this level 

If we sign Reed it will be to play in my opinion,Travis needs to play for development, if he isn't going to play much then he should go on loan.

Not sure about Davenport, his injury could mean him out for longer than expected or TM doesn't think he is ready.

If we sign both both Reed and Rodwell then we will have 8 players that can play in midfield,Reed, Rothwell,Rodweell, Travis, Davenport ,Bennett, Smallwood and Evans.

Edited by islander200