BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I actually think the Rodwell signing is the type of signing we should be looking at. Still young so different to the Murphy signing but a good pedigree but seems to have lost his way. If he wants to succeed and have a good career it’s his last chance really.

Francis Jeffers

14 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Remember when there were question marks over David Bentleys attitude at Arsenal. We signed him up and he was class. When you have the right manager in charge with the right attitude and a player who has been struggling with his attitude comes. It can do the world of good for his career, his life and the club.

If Mowbray decides to sign Rodwell I will afford him all my support. I don't know about anybody else. :tu:

Bentley did go on to reveal his true colours though before leaving for Spuds

Not sure how I'd feel about Rodwell but it shouts of running out of viable options now tbh......

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bentley did go on to reveal his true colours though before leaving for Spuds

Not sure how I'd feel about Rodwell but it shouts of running out of viable options now tbh......

Admit it would seem to be a 'D' list target - more of a gamble type.

We were desperate when we signed Brown etc and managed by one of the biggest desperado's going and prompted by god knows who was grabbing their cut.

We aren't desperate now we've a solid manager and squad that's light on numbers in terms of quality and pace so I don't see why there is a need for big risk taking. A bit of stardust sprinkled on it is what TM said so if we have a bit of brass and can pay a decent loan fee and wages I can't fathom why we are rooting in the bottom of other peoples bins for players no one else seems to want ?

No doubt there is some kind of path but that's for another debate, I thought we'd moved on from two years ago. As pointed out Caddis, Whitts and Gladwin are all now pointless wage drains we don't need anymore there must be 25k pwk there, get them out get a bit of wage contribution and use it for someone with a decent pair of legs not an arm long medical bill !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I've no problem with us potentially signing Rodwell. Mowbray has made it clear that it would only happen if he accepts an affordable wage, plus he'd have a point to prove to sort out his career. 

As initial back up for CM & CB, it could be an absolute bargain on a free transfer. If he performs, we could have a £5-£10 million player on our books. 

I don't buy into the desperation comments. If an opportunity like that pops up, it's definitely something to consider. I'm not surprised that he's got a few options open to him. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We were desperate when we signed Brown etc and managed by one of the biggest desperado's going and prompted by god knows who was grabbing their cut.

We aren't desperate now we've a sold manager and squad that's light on numbers in terms of quality and pace so I don't see why there is a need for big risk taking. A bit of stardust sprinkled on it is what TM said so if we have a bit of brass and can pay a decent loan fee and wages I can't fathom why we are rooting in the bottom of other peoples bins for players no one else seems to want ?

No doubt there is some kind of path but that's for another debate, I thought we'd moved on from two years ago. As pointed out Caddis, Whitts and Gladwin are all now pointless wage drains we don't need anymore there must be 25k pwk there, get them out get a bit of wage contribution and use it for someone with a decent pair of legs not an arm long medical bill !

I think that’s the issue, is there actually any brass to spend? Resorting to the likes of Rodwell smacks of desperation to me.

I wonder venkys now back tracking on said promised funds based on the reasonable start we have had to the season? Would make sense if we are looking at cast offs nobody else wants and cheap loan deals for a Southampton midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Valois said:

I wonder venkys now back tracking on said promised funds based on the reasonable start we have had to the season? Would make sense if we are looking at cast offs nobody else wants and cheap loan deals for a Southampton midfielder.

No part of that makes sense 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Valois said:

I think that’s the issue, is there actually any brass to spend? Resorting to the likes of Rodwell smacks of desperation to me.

Or we could be saving the funds we have to improve our attacking options 

40 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Remember when there were question marks over David Bentleys attitude at Arsenal. We signed him up and he was class. When you have the right manager in charge with the right attitude and a player who has been struggling with his attitude comes. It can do the world of good for his career, his life and the club.

If Mowbray decides to sign Rodwell I will afford him all my support. I don't know about anybody else. :tu:

I support every player who turns out in a Rovers shirt

Edited by 47er

4 minutes ago, Valois said:

How doesn’t it make sense?

1. You speak as if the Rao family is actually managing the club day to day: No proof, all wind points in a different direction.

2. You have no idea who or what offers Rodwell, Reed or anyone else for that matter has had - so no proof to say “nobody else wants”.

Makes no sense in the real world. End of

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Time these new signings coming in , I'm tired today and just wanna sleep all day haha 

Sleep they’ll be here when you wake, maybe, if not sleep some more.

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

Not a direct dig at you but more a comment about the message board opinions in general but I think some of the comments on Smallwood have been very unfair...

Alright, he is a limited player but for the most part last season he was a good player for us. When he last played at this level it was for a team with less quality than we have, more is expected of him this time, let's afford him some time to grow into this league before we just write him off, he surely earned enough respect from us to afford him that. I've seen Smallwood make more tackles in one game than I have in all of Jason Lowe's time here, there will be games or times within a game where we will need players like him. Lad has a great attitude, I just feel he's suffering because Evans is very similar, if he was playing along side more of a ball player like Cairney where he could win it and give it you'd probably see the best of him.

Let me be clear, I'm all for giving criticism and praise where its due, if he plays poorly and he gets criticised then people are just saying what they're seeing, that's fair enough. What I don't want to see is him be the scapegoat, let him try and find his feet first and if he hasn't been good enough come January or next summer then at least he's had a fair crack and we move on. 

I think most fans do recognise that he was great (largely) last season, but he is struggling, though he doesn't hide and fans appreciate that.

But as for the bold, that is an extremely long period to 'find your feet', we aren't a charity, if he doesn't get to the pace over the next few games then he's out of the side, no room for sentiment, just a constant drive to improve the team, something we didn't do to our detriment in '95.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Going back quite a way to find that one as an example.

For your Jeffers ill give you a Friedal.

Or a Bellamy.

He was the first one that sprang to mind. I was just putting a balanced view out there - it could go either way. Won't know until we know.

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I think most fans do recognise that he was great (largely) last season, but he is struggling, though he doesn't hide and fans appreciate that.

But as for the bold, that is an extremely long period to 'find your feet', we aren't a charity, if he doesn't get to the pace over the next few games then he's out of the side, no room for sentiment, just a constant drive to improve the team, something we didn't do to our detriment in '95.

I'm not saying he should play every week for him to find his feet, we can't afford to carry players in this league. What I am saying is he should be allowed the opportunity to take his chances to make an impression and earn his place rather than just write him off after 4 games. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Going back quite a way to find that one as an example.

For your Jeffers ill give you a Friedal.

Or a Bellamy.

There's no comparison whatsoever between those two and Rodwell. Both were substantial permanent deals not cheap short term pay as you play type arrangements.

The only slight similarity is that Bellamy had had a chequered injury record but he was still a top player at the time and highly sought after. We had to pay a big fee for him at the time by our standards.

Jeffers is actually the perfect comparison. A history of injuries and a cheap short term loan option. Predictably an absolute waste of time and money.

Edit:  On a cheap deal strictly as cover for CM and CB AFTER all our other main business has been done Roswell might not be a disaster. As a central strand of the business with no-one else coming in it would be an absolute joke.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no comparison whatsoever between those two and Rodwell. Both were substantial permanent deals not cheap short term pay as you play type arrangements.

The only slight similarity is that Bellamy had had a chequered injury record but he was still a top player at the time and highly sought after. We had to pay a big fee for him at the time by our standards.

Jeffers is actually the perfect comparison. A history of injuries and a cheap short term loan option. Predictably an absolute waste of time and money.

Except when we signed Jeffers we had just finished 6th in the premier league whereas we are signing Rodwell after just being promoted to the Championship. A slight difference in standard and expectations these days.

• Like 1