BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Bentley did go on to reveal his true colours though before leaving for Spuds

Not sure how I'd feel about Rodwell but it shouts of running out of viable options now tbh......

Yes he did. If we go on to make the sort of profit we did from Bentley's sale, so be it.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20180823-142128_Twitter.jpg

I'm lost... Is "baller" the definition of someone who chases a ball around but doesn't know what it's for? Be an ideal name for a dog. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

If Rodwell is a low risk type deal then it's not too bad. If he revitalises himself it's a huge signing. If he doesn't and we can get shut in Jan or Summer then fair enough. get him and Reed done ASAP then get some frigging attackers in please god! 

Just now, JeffRover said:

Sharpe has said that Reed is a straight loan. No buy option. Fuck off Rovers. Sign some forwards! Spend the fucking money!

Didn't Sharpe also said that Davenport was a loan, but he was a permanent. He might not be right on this one either.

• Backroom

The Rodwell deal makes more sense to me if the aim is to reinvent him as a cb, perhaps the heir to Mulgrew.

He's been cb before, he's got the height, frame, strength, a composed passer, not scared of a tackle and it's a less mobile position.

Edited by Mike E

Just now, JeffRover said:

Sharpe has said that Reed is a straight loan. No buy option. Fuck off Rovers. Sign some forwards! Spend the fucking money!

Perhaps that's because neither side really knows what sort of valuation to put on him? We could agree to a fee but then decide he's worth less than we originally agreed to, so then it's worth bringing him in and seeing whats what first. We're stocked in midfield, think where the option to buy clauses really need to be is in the attacking players because they tend to command more of a premium. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

So:

Rodwell on a free to cover at CB

Reed on loan at CM

Brereton for ungodly amount of money

Winger to be named later

What is everyone whining about?

Summed up perfectly. If those four players come in we'll have brought in 8 players, of which only two will be proper loans.

Rodwell probably worth a cheap loan if you look at the signing just as a potential punt, as he could get back to a decent level under Mowbray, but what would worry me is if he is a bad apple, what that does to the spirit and the work ethic of this group - which for me is one of the best I've ever seen at this club.

Case in point:

Graham -  'best dressing room I've ever been in'

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/august/the-best-dressing-room-ive-ever-been-in/

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Valois said:

1. They are the ones bankrolling the club. At no point did I suggest it was fact, merely speculating. It wouldn’t be the first time a manager has been promised funds, only for the plug to be pulled

2. Rodwell was on trial at Watford, they released him. Mowbray has already confirmed it would be a cheap deal. He said as much last night. If there is a cheap deal to be done,  why is he still available? 

You're right he wouldn't be the first although 8 mill one min on potential then punts on an injury prone enigma no one else seems to want next is where most of the head scratching stems from.

Either the back up plan was flimsy or indeed they've clamped right down on wages they'll hand out from now on so have to look to who they think will grasp what's on offer.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

You're right he wouldn't be the first although 8 mill one min on potential then punts on an injury prone enigma no one else seems to want next is where most of the head scratching stems from.

Either the back up plan was flimsy or indeed they've clamped right down on wages they'll hand out from now on so have to look to who they think will grasp what's on offer.

We are still in talks about Brereton.So that 8 million or whatever could still get spent.Going for Rodwell and Reed doesn't mean we have moved away from Brereton

Just now, islander200 said:

We are still in talks about Brereton.So that 8 million or whatever could still get spent.Going for Rodwell and Reed doesn't mean we have moved away from Brereton

And if Brereton comes in and maybe one other then they take a punt on Rodwell not many will bat an eyelid. The obvious concern is he's the only one we might end up with which will then look poor considering, there should be a decent back up plan if the expensive kid falls through, not spending for the sake of it but a decent back up loan at least.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that but we'll just have to see it's looking like it'll all drag to the 11th hour now.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And if Brereton comes in and maybe one other then they take a punt on Rodwell not many will bat an eyelid. The obvious concern is he's the only one we might end up with which will then look poor considering, there should be a decent back up plan if the expensive kid falls through, not spending for the sake of it but a decent back up loan at least.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that but we'll just have to see it's looking like it'll all drag to the 11th hour now.

Well Mowbray did say in his interview last night there will be more exciting signings other than a free agent over the next 9 days.

Would have probably been better to announce Rodwell after that buisness was done though.

If he is coming in on a cheap deal and short term contract with the incentive of a longer deal then I don't have a problem with it at all can understand why some fans are against it at the same time though 

• Like 1