BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I had visions last night of Tony turning Rodwell into a top flight centre half, making the England squad. 

It'll be those flashing adverts messing with your mind. I can now see dead people, walking around like regular people.

1 hour ago, roversinmyblood said:

If Tony signs Jack Rodwell I hope that he has done “due diligence “ by talking to Chris Coleman and others as to his current attitude, fitness and ability rather than relying on what he was like in his “glory” days. 

Or even Danny Graham who was in the same Sunderland squad?

Has anyone signed yet? I thought we said a couple would be announced today? Time running out again on another self-imposed window. 

Sounds like this Reed rumour is going to be a loan with no option or obligation to buy according to Myers. Not really a surprise as a buy would require a cash commitment and it seems we're struggling to do those even with this alleged backing from the owners.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

Never heard of reed is this boy good ?

Mate of mine is a Norwich fan said he was brilliant for them last season and was disappointed he isn't down there, said the majority of fanbase think same.

Personally saw him when he was younger playing for Southampton and he was a real player. Perfect replacement for Smallwood, but with more ability on the ball and a lot quicker.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Has anyone signed yet? I thought we said a couple would be announced today? Time running out again on another self-imposed window. 

Sounds like this Reed rumour is going to be a loan with no option or obligation to buy according to Myers. Not really a surprise as a buy would require a cash commitment and it seems we're struggling to do those even with this alleged backing from the owners.

Reed and Rodwell are both close.

On Reed perhaps he is being brought in due to us not being able to get that Trapp from Columbus crew, perhaps Southampton don't want to sell Reed?, a couple of loans without options are ok Reed and Palmer both options without obligations improve us.

If we got Reed on a loan to buy some would be complaining that we have too many midfielders and should be spending our money on a winger and a striker.

Perhaps that is what the kitty is being saved for.TM sounded confident of landing a couple in his interview last night.I still think we will get Brereton before the deadline

Edited by islander200

Just now, JHRover said:

The Norwich paper said he couldn't make CM his own ahead of someone else there so in the second half of last season he ended up playing RB. 

The last centre mid we had who could play right back wasnt up too much, putting it lightly eh Lowey boy.. Reed highly thought of by Norwich fans which is a good sign, he'll be an improvement on Smallwood so let's get that deal done so we can then actually sign some f***ing attackers!

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Smallwood is effective at breaking up play - like Mokoena.  He won't offer anything else though.  I appreciate the guy and think he is well worth a place in the squad this year.  Certainly a good option to come off the bench if we want to see out a game or are running out of steam.

Never a fan of Mokoena either. People might not remember this but he came at the same time as Nelsen and initially Hughes seemed to prefer him to Nelsen in defence although to be fair I think Hughes fairly quickly realised the error of his ways.

Smallwood has a part to play as a squad player, I'm not not disputing that, but if we want to keep progressing he'll be one of those who ultimately holds us back if he continues to be selected down to some misguided sense of loyalty. 

Literally no upside to signing a player forever injured, clearly with motivational issues, and with very little ability. Hope its not true.

Presume that its just an assumption that we are signing him as cb cover as that would make no sense, to sign a midfielder to specifically play at centre back.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Literally no upside to signing a player forever injured, clearly with motivational issues, and with very little ability. Hope its not true.

Presume that its just an assumption that we are signing him as cb cover as that would make no sense, to sign a midfielder to specifically play at centre back.

No ability?He has had 2 multi million pound transfers and played for his country.Been shit for time but he does have ability unless the injuries have him ruined.

He will be coming in on a very cheap deal if it doesn't work out then he will be gone. 

It's Sharp who said about him playing cb after speaking with TM.

22 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Never a fan of Mokoena either. People might not remember this but he came at the same time as Nelsen and initially Hughes seemed to prefer him to Nelsen in defence although to be fair I think Hughes fairly quickly realised the error of his ways.

Smallwood has a part to play as a squad player, I'm not not disputing that, but if we want to keep progressing he'll be one of those who ultimately holds us back if he continues to be selected down to some misguided sense of loyalty. 

Think he will go at the end of the season tbh.

So a free transfer and a loan with no option....that may or may not sign today as suggested yesterday.  No sign of attackers despite a crisis at that end of the pitch.  No sign of this budget being spent.  These two seem like panic acquisitions to me.

I don't think we will get anyone of quality in with a clause to buy.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No ability?He has had 2 multi million pound transfers and played for his country.Been shit for time but he does have ability unless the injuries have him ruined.

He will be coming in on a very cheap deal if it doesn't work out then he will be gone. 

It's Sharp who said about him playing cb after speaking with TM.

Makes no sense to sign a midfielder to play as a defender.