BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Well we'll see how it goes, could work out, could just as easily fail.

Certainly not a signing that is going to get people excited or be a game changer. 

Need much more than this I'm afraid even if he does get himself fully fit.

Still no sign of the money or exciting long term signings we were promised.

• Like 2

A bit 'meh' on this one. 

Lad certainly has ability. Does the desire & attitude match these days? I'm not so sure.

TM has a good record of getting players motivated though so could turn out to be a shrewd signing. We'll see. Anyway, he's a Rover now so welcome to Ewood Jack! 

Edited by windymiller7

• Backroom

Happy with the deal personally, he has talent, Tony said it was a cheap deal and he can go at the end of the season if it doesn’t work.

win win for me 

I'm not sure this really takes us any further than we already were. If the idea is he's cover for CB and CM then ok but can't see him being up to speed for some time yet unless he's really taken care of himself since leaving Sunderland. 

I'm not opposed to the deal on the basis it is a low risk see how it pans out sort of deal and could work out well but I certainly won't be very happy if this is one of the so-called exciting quality signings we were being told to expect. 

Once again easy to get the cheap short term low risk deals done but not so easy to actually get money spent on quality ready to go players.

Much more to do yet.

• Like 2

I don't think there are many that have came out of the last 4 years at Sunderland with any credit. Bit of a career graveyard. 

If, as Tony says, we will be seeing something a lot more exciting than a free agent in the next week, I will be happier with Rodwell in and around the squad. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure this really takes us any further than we already were. If the idea is he's cover for CB and CM then ok but can't see him being up to speed for some time yet unless he's really taken care of himself since leaving Sunderland. 

I'm not opposed to the deal on the basis it is a low risk see how it pans out sort of deal and could work out well but I certainly won't be very happy if this is one of the so-called exciting quality signings we were being told to expect. 

Once again easy to get the cheap short term low risk deals done but not so easy to actually get money spent on quality ready to go players.

Much more to do yet.

He played 3 matches for Watford pre season and passed a medical was set to sign only for one of the Watford players who was set to be sold did a u-turn and signed a new contract.Been training with Everton since

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Happy with the deal personally, he has talent, Tony said it was a cheap deal and he can go at the end of the season if it doesn’t work.

win win for me 

I agree. Whatever your view on Mowbray - I’m a big fan admittedly - he seems to be a realist. I assume he has spoken to the player and various other contacts he has and decided it’s worth a try.

Feels low risk to me, with a small chance - worth taking - that we get someone intent on trying to re-prove himself and undoubtedly with natural talent. At the least some useful cover. If there is an inkling of him upsetting the strong team dynamic, I’d assume he will be binned quite quickly. 

In my view, Mowbray has earnt trust by building a team of players that is as cohesive as it’s been for years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He played 3 matches for Watford pre season and passed a medical was set to sign only for one of the Watford players who was set to be sold did a u-turn and signed a new contract.Been training with Everton since

This is a bit more encouraging at least.

ws he playing Centre mid or centre back?

Everyone seems to be pegging him as a cb now, I never known him to play there.

I’ll ll give him a chance but he’s got it all to do as far as I am concerned.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Well Antonsson has scored in Europa League tonight! Another striker we could Do with at he moment.

Leave it out, most fans couldn't wait to see the back of him. Let's not pretend he's the dogs bollocks all of a sudden because it suits the negative agenda that so many on here subscribe to lately 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

No ability?He has had 2 multi million pound transfers and played for his country.Been shit for time but he does have ability unless the injuries have him ruined.

He will be coming in on a very cheap deal if it doesn't work out then he will be gone. 

It's Sharp who said about him playing cb after speaking with TM.

innit bruv

• Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

This is a bit more encouraging at least.

ws he playing Centre mid or centre back?

Everyone seems to be pegging him as a cb now, I never known him to play there.

I’ll ll give him a chance but he’s got it all to do as far as I am concerned.

It was a midfielder that signed the new contract so presume he was playing midfield.

It's a low risk signing , short term contract and cheap deal not one to get excited about but you never know he may come good.

Bit annoyed we were told two signings in today though and it's only Rodwell.