BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Meh

Lad starts with a clean slate in blue and white. Hope he does well.

Does have the feeling of a Wes Brown type signing to it.

Ok if we still bring in 4 more.

The thing with Wes Brown was that his legs had gone. Even if he was mentally there he could never have contributed. Rodwell has the fitness but does he have the mental aspects and attitude required???

I've seen a comment comparing Rodwell to Steele...well Rodwell has played 3 times for England, been a premier league champion and moved for what 30 plus million pounds and is 27!!

Ideal signing for a season on low wages. Reed is decent too. However for me I want a striker and winger and they need to be permanent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm not sure this really takes us any further than we already were. If the idea is he's cover for CB and CM then ok but can't see him being up to speed for some time yet unless he's really taken care of himself since leaving Sunderland. 

He's been training at Everton and had trials at Watford, he certainly looks in decent shape, albeit he won't be match fit yet obviously 

I know talk his cheap but his interview comments are good. He talks about our team spirit and that he wants to be part of that. Let’s give him the season and hopefully it works out well for all concerned. If it doesn’t it shouldn’t have cost us a fortune and if it does we’ll have a good player on our hands for the season and maybe beyond.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The thing with Wes Brown was that his legs had gone. Even if he was mentally there he could never have contributed. Rodwell has the fitness but does he have the mental aspects and attitude required???

Yes, agree.  However I do think Rodwell will benefit from our dressing rooms, all in it together, attitude.  Bennett will make him fit.  That guys contribution both on and off the pitch cannot be underestimated. IMO of course.  Under those circumstances, I think his attitude and mentality will be fine but is his fitness up to it?  As he has not played very much over the last few years. 

We are going to find out and hope it is ok because potentially this signing could be incredible?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I know talk his cheap but his interview comments are good. He talks about our team spirit and that he wants to be part of that. Let’s give him the season and hopefully it works out well for all concerned. If it doesn’t it shouldn’t have cost us a fortune and if it does we’ll have a good player on our hands for the season and maybe beyond.

It's all about his head.  The lad has been injury prone and is a multi -millionaire.  

A 38 year old Maldini would run around the pitch for free, not back out of tackles etc (despite having made a fortune) -  because of his love of the game.  This lad has not played much football in recent years.  If he puts a couple of Smallwood type challenges in where it hurts and gives a shift for the shirt, then fair play.  Or will he shirk the challenges, because he doesn't want the hassle of injuries etc and doesn't need the money. 

I'd say there's about a 70%chance that it's the latter.

Low risk signing financially (apparently).  Though we will only know that if we sign some good  players as promised.  If we dont, it's another nail in a so far poor window.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I agree, I was just thinking who was the last full England international we had at the club, Wes Brown then Danny Murphy just sprang to mind.

the man who criticises players not giving their all in a recent BBC post.

• Like 3

Rodwell needs a few games in the under 23s first.  I think this could be a good signing. I hope his mental attitude has changed for the better now he has a new club. 

Welcome to the Rovers, Jack, and good luck.

In Tony we trust.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I agree, I was just thinking who was the last full England international we had at the club, Wes Brown then Danny Murphy just sprang to mind.

I was educating my son about Rovers this summer when he was going on about how many England players were from certain clubs. I gave it the, "In the 90's Blackburn had Shearer, Sutton, Flowers, Ripley, Le Saux, Batty and Wilcox all from the same Rovers team getting picked for the England squad".

Those were the days.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Paul Robinson

Also - David Bentley back on loan.

And Bradley Dack - I wonder what the odds would be for me to put a bet on him one day playing for England.

Edited by JacknOry

I'll be honest i'm not right comfortable with this one you can't deny it smacks of a return to recent needless risks with questionable pathways picking from certain lists giving a home to players no one else will touch.

Hope not of course and at least it's short term as far as we've been told. Don't think his attitude will be a problem at first but his fitness will then so will his injury problems. At least they won't have to pay him off.

If anyone can get a tune out of him you'd think it'll be Mowbray BUT Caddis, Whittingham and Gladwin don't inspire on that one.

Fingers crossed.

57 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

It's all about his head.  The lad has been injury prone and is a multi -millionaire.  

A 38 year old Maldini would run around the pitch for free, not back out of tackles etc (despite having made a fortune) -  because of his love of the game.  This lad has not played much football in recent years.  If he puts a couple of Smallwood type challenges in where it hurts and gives a shift for the shirt, then fair play.  Or will he shirk the challenges, because he doesn't want the hassle of injuries etc and doesn't need the money. 

I'd say there's about a 70%chance that it's the latter.

Low risk signing financially (apparently).  Though we will only know that if we sign some good  players as promised.  If we dont, it's another nail in a so far poor window.

Or, on the other side of the coin, if he has no hunger to play at all, why not take a leaf out of Bentley's book and just retire?

Pretty clear he's not going to be on the kind of wages he's used to, so there must be a fair chance he's signed for the right reasons.

No fee involved, so worth a punt I reckon.

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

the man who criticises players not giving their all in a recent BBC post.

I have to turn off whatever media I'm consuming if Danny Murphy is on it.

I genuinely can't stand him - not sure if it's the accent, the face, the Robbie Savage mentality of considering himself a past great or the fact that he's a massive hypocrite due to the above.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Or, on the other side of the coin, if he has no hunger to play at all, why not take a leaf out of Bentley's book and just retire?

Pretty clear he's not going to be on the kind of wages he's used to, so there must be a fair chance he's signed for the right reasons.

No fee involved, so worth a punt I reckon.

If we had signed  2 or 3 for good money and this was our final signing.  I would think it's risky but worth a punt.  The fact we have signed nobody of any worth since this 'budget' came to light and now this, makes me nervous.

Okay so we have signed the football equivalent of the anti christ according to Sunderland fans. Personally I think that their views are biased and let’s face it, if he was crap then they wouldn’t have signed him in the first place. On record are his performances on the pitch as a youngster which prompted Man City to sign him, albeit he didn’t get much of a chance there, 25 appearances in two seasons was it? If I was a footballer who had been signed by a club for ten million quid and for whatever reason made to feel completely unwanted then I think I would be getting a bit depressed myself so maybe this had some bearing on events, I don’t know? 

Regardless he’s here now, he doesn’t have to keep playing football and could quite clearly retire a wealthy man. Whilst he wears the famous halves he should be given a fresh start and see how it goes. For fans of his ex club who quite clearly don’t like him to sign on here to tell us how crap he is and should be avoided strikes me as being a little bit too bitter IN MY VIEW. If this signing on a short term contract works then Tony will have performed a major coup and if it doesn’t and he starts to act like a total idiot then we bin him, end of story. 

Anyway could be worse, we could have signed Joey Barton if he was still playing of course.

In Tony we trust  

COYB

Edited by old darwen blue
  • Like 2

There’s a player in Rodwell who is farrrrr better than anything we’ve got, including Dack. Whether that player still even exists today is what the manager is going to try to find out. If we’ve got him cheap then even at 80% he’ll be better than what we’ve currently got in his position/s. If TM and that group of players can’t get a tune out of him he’s finished anyway so everyone is motivated....no brainer.

I am getting a little nervous about these ‘big money’ transfers that the boss is talking about though. 1 - because we need some quality up top and 2 - because TM obviously has his heart set on them and if the club fail to deliver it MIGHT destabilise Tony, the group, everyone...big week ahead. Still think they’re trying to sign 2 or 3 for loans to permenant.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

It's going to be difficult for the lad , he needs games , he'd needs to build up match fitness , and u23 games are ok but but nothing like a true competitive game  and if he's coming in as. C/b how on earth does he get in past Mulgrew and Lenighan at the moment ? Ok we have a league cup game in Lincoln coming up but after that ??? Stoke Villa Derby Forest .... I really wouldn't want to throw him in against those teams