BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

If, as the Notts reporter says, it would take 14 million, with a significant sell-on (why the hell should we take that kind of risk to not even see all the profit?) just to make them 'seriously consider' it, we should walk away immediately. Frankly, I wouldn't be looking to pay 8 million for the kid either. Spend it elsewhere, or loan a striker and revisit it in January or summer. Even a cheap lower league punt is preferable to spunking our load on a kid who isn't on the Forest bench and isn't close to proven enough. It would give us time to scout cheap markets like the French one - that Brentford lad who has 5 already this season cost just over a million from the French leagues and is 22.

It would be disappointing, especially after this speculation and the figures being bandied around, but I'd genuinely prefer the old chestnut of 'keep our powder dry' if this is the best we can do. This deal makes me uncomfortable at anything more than 5 million, and it's clear we wouldn't get him at that price at all. Bored of it. Hope TM has another iron in the fire.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Gone on loan to Millwall.Will become their record signing for 1 million when the window opens in January 

Harris has done a great job there

I'd not seen that, when did he go there?

Weirdly I was looking him up on Transfermarkt last week to see how his stats at a similar age compared to Brereton. I've always really liked Bradshaw, really canny player.

Him going there for a million further shows how daft spending so much money on Brereton would be and proof that there are really good players who score regularly in the championship for very little money.

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'd not seen that, when did he go there?

Weirdly I was looking him up on Transfermarkt last week to see how his stats at a similar age compared to Brereton. I've always really liked Bradshaw, really canny player.

Him going there for a million further shows how daft spending so much money on Brereton would be and proof that there are really good players who score regularly in the championship for very little money.

This week, think it was Wednesday.Woodrow from Fulham going to Barnsley on loan to replace him 

Just checked went through yesterday 

Edited by islander200

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Gone on loan to Millwall.Will become their record signing for 1 million when the window opens in January 

Harris has done a great job there

A million will be Millwalls record transfer? Wow - they seriously have done very well over the years then.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Time to move on, £5m was enough of a gamble, this is getting silly.

You do have to wonder why all our targets have been domestic, are we simply not scouting abroad now with this new system?

• Like 5

I can see this Brereton deal breaking down and us going elsewhere. I get the feeling Forest are pricking around and looking for too much. 

I think if we do sign him though, fans need to just forget about the fee. At the end of the day it makes no difference to us how much he cost, ultimately all that will matter is if he delivers. 

Most on here thought at the beginning of the window that we didn't have a pot to piss in, so actually signing a player for a decent fee should be seen as a positive and exciting step. 

Just now, Tom said:

You do have to wonder why all our targets have been domestic, are we simply not scouting abroad now with this new system?

if its true they rejected a PL bid of 10+ on deadline day, our interest should have ended there and then. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Don't think it has had time yet to fully get going. It was only due to be finalised this summer, and not a lot of competitive football been played yet. I think there was some mention from someone at the club of us using it to scour foreign markets, but not sure. I assume we will see more inventive targets in future.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can see this Brereton deal breaking down and us going elsewhere. I get the feeling Forest are pricking around and looking for too much. 

I think if we do sign him though, fans need to just forget about the fee. At the end of the day it makes no difference to us how much he cost, ultimately all that will matter is if he delivers. 

Most on here thought at the beginning of the window that we didn't have a pot to piss in, so actually signing a player for a decent fee should be seen as a positive and exciting step. 

It is, but firstly it hasnt been spent yet, and if it is people will still want it to be spent well on a good player 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are back to having no idea if we really have much money now if any at all after the statement from the Nottingham reporter. Talks of no bids coming from us at all on deadline day. 

Im confused with it all tbh - dunno what the hell is going on but if we do have money, this deal is not one we should be pursing now as 10/12/14 million or whatever next is bandied around is criminal for 'potential'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah, then the Venkies have injected more due to killing more chickens or words to that effect. Probably needed a cover story for our supposed big bid.

I dont know what to believe anymore. One thing is certain, I highly doubt we have the 8/10/12 million that keeps getting thrown around. 5 mil tops i would imagine.

Agreed, I also think 5/6 mill tops. I wouldnt believe everything we read in the press. Some 'fake' news gets put in the public just to purposley ignite a fire alsewhere. I imagine a lot of whats beeing leaked is untrue. I would guess we have put a bid in, and I would guess we have never bid for the player for over 8 mill, or any other player.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

It is, but firstly it hasnt been spent yet, and if it is people will still want it to be spent well on a good player 

Well that will be subjective. Many on here were naming Maddison as being the marquee signing they wanted and we needed, and look where he has ended up. I am all for discussion and alternative signings being suggested, but I don't like when fans say "oh its too much ,we shouldn't sign him" without suggesting an alternative or even a reason why, apart from the transfer fee. Players are moving for inflated fees across the board, we need to get involved at some point. If paying the premium for potential is one option  , give it to me any day over signing the likes of Murphy , Etuhu or their ilk. 

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We are back to having no idea if we really have much money now if any at all after the statement from the Nottingham reporter. Talks of no bids coming from us at all on deadline day. 

Im confused with it all tbh - dunno what the hell is going on but if we do have money, this deal is not one we should be pursing now as 10/12/14 million or whatever next is bandied around is criminal for 'potential'.

I would rather spend £10 million on potential, than not spend it at all! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

This week, think it was Wednesday.Woodrow from Fulham going to Barnsley on loan to replace him 

Just checked went through yesterday 

There's another player who has similar, if not slightly better stats than Brereton going for not a lot of money. Woodrow did reasonably at both Burton and Bristol City, he's played and scored in the prem and has represented England at various age levels.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha. From Brereton to Sylla. My God.

If Idrissa Sylla signs as part of this "fab 4" Tony promised us then it's beyond a joke. 

Well that will be subjective. Many on here were naming Maddison as being the marquee signing they wanted and we needed, and look where he has ended up. I am all for discussion and alternative signings being suggested, but I don't like when fans say "oh its too much ,we shouldn't sign him" without suggesting an alternative or even a reason why, apart from the transfer fee. Players are moving for inflated fees across the board, we need to get involved at some point. If paying the premium for potential is one option  , give it to me any day over signing the likes of Murphy , Etuhu or their ilk. 

Where has he ended up? He's still at Peterboro. Still available for £2.5m.

• Like 3

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

If Idrissa Sylla signs as part of this "fab 4" Tony promised us then it's beyond a joke. 

There was something on here about his brother announcing he had gone to Fleetwood on loan. Looks like that was premature

I would rather spend £10 million on potential, than not spend it at all! 

Will cost more than 10 million if they rejected that from a PL club.

I would also rather spend the money than not spend it too but the question is do we even really have it? 

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

There was something on here about his brother announcing he had gone to Fleetwood on loan. Looks like that was premature

Wasnt his brother - was another player who he called brother or something like that.

It was James Maddison (the expensive one) who is not Marcus Maddissons brother. Think he was congratulating a team mate who had gone to FT on loan - calling him brother.

Edited by JacknOry

Didn't someone say on here yesterday that he was gone to Fleetwood? I just checked online now though and it seems not. Did I dream that??

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

He meant James Husband when he said "big bro". I don't know when English lads started talking like yank jocks but it's the thing to call a mate your bro now. 

• Like 1

There was a mix up on here yesterday and some believed he had gone to Fleetwood.

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Just now, JacknOry said:

Will cost more than 10 million if they rejected that from a PL club.

I would also rather spend the money than not spend it too but the question is do we even really have it? 

It's hard to know what to believe. We bid 5 million, we didn't bid it. A premier league club bid 10 million. I am lost to be honest. 

I would say we have money, but I can't see us spending an 8 figure sum on Brereton or anyone for that matter. I would 6 million plus add ons, at most  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I wouldnt be suprised if this was just a bit of a publicity stunt from us to get the fans believing we have a bit of money, and get us a bit excited. Like someone on the forum stated previously we dont have to spend big to find quality or show intent. Purchasing and scouting quality can be done with out having to throw money on players. Its being sensible and getting the right player to help us keep progressing. Also Im happier weve spent zero on rodwelll than 8 + million on a player we never heard of a week or 2 ago, with the debt we still have. I would go on the track record of the venkys and think that we have around 5/6 million tops to play with, if loans and freebees are what we do then its still absolutely nothing new for us as a club, as its the way weve dealt in the last few years anyway. This is also a league you dont have to spend ridiculous amounts of money to get out of, its buying and spending smart that gets you out of it.

We do obviously need to strengthen but im not too fussed if we dont sign this player. I think we should all stop 'hoping' we wil lspend 8+ million as lets not forget we got a huge debt still, and we dont want to over spend just finish mid table and pile on more debt. TM knows what hes doing.

• Like 1