BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

The trouble with recruiting them as late as this is that it takes half a season to blend them into a team. We did it last season and spent the whole season playing "catch up" and never did catch Wigan. We are doing exactly the same thing again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Al said:

The trouble with recruiting them as late as this is that it takes half a season to blend them into a team. We did it last season and spent the whole season playing "catch up" and never did catch Wigan. We are doing exactly the same thing again.

Didn’t we have most of business done early last year? I could be wrong? 

At least this year we’ve had a decent enough start. 

Leaving it this late to bring in players is definitely not ideal. Big 6 days coming up, that will define our season. 3 decent additions and I think we can push for a top 10 finish. Anything else and it might be a bit of a struggle as injuries and fatigue takes it toll.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

How can you call it ‘decent’ when you’ve seen our subs bench against Reading? Poor would be more apt. Few days to turn it around yet, let’s hope it comes off.

So we where two-nil down against Reading, we used our subs bench and we drew two-two.

• Like 2

Usually I'm pretty chill in regards to rovers. Maybe it's been the acceptance of doom over the years. But this window is beginning to pee me off a little. It's all the promise. Of hopefully someone in by the end of the week. And it never happening. Basically they've got my hopes up. And I've a nasty feeling we are going to be left short.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Usually I'm pretty chill in regards to rovers. Maybe it's been the acceptance of doom over the years. But this window is beginning to pee me off a little. It's all the promise. Of hopefully someone in by the end of the week. And it never happening. Basically they've got my hopes up. And I've a nasty feeling we are going to be left short.

Agreed. If I hadn't paid attention to the media this summer I'd be pretty happy with the window. It all started with the "wanting to get players in before the trip to Austria" comments from TM, completely unnecessary and naive at best for me. 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He reliable? I would be ecstatic with this. Tasty signing.

Yeah, pretty reliable. Midlands mail correspondent. I don’t think he would put his neck on line if not true. 

Whay I have found funny is people quoting the tweet with Nixon copied in asking him if true ?‍♂️

• Like 2

It won't be a £6 million fee in total. It will be £6 million initial payment with more to be paid upon reaching certain milestones such as appearances and goals scored. I'm willing to bet there will be a sell on fee with additional fees to be paid should he be selected for international matches etc...

Still think it’s a lot of money for yet more potential but at this stage I’d sooner we finished the window with Brereton than without him.

On the flip side if he does do well, along with Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong, Rothwell, Nyambe, and Bell. We could have some side in the next couple of years. Proving we are promoted.

If not then if Brereton is worth £6m-plus now then most of those would be worth £10m+ by that point. Hopefully that can be used to strengthen.

Let’s see if he does sign.

• Like 2

Here’s my Mystic Meg: he won’t go straight into the team. Mowbray has made it crystal clear that no-one will. The incumbents own the shirts until someone proves (to the dressing room as well as Mogga) that they deserve it more. Team spirit trumps everything at the Arte Et Labore Rovers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

On the flip side if he does do well, along with Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong, Rothwell, Nyambe, and Bell. We could have some side in the next couple of years. Proving we are promoted.

You seem to have forgotten Rodwell.Be England captain in a couple of years in my opinion 

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

How can you call it ‘decent’ when you’ve seen our subs bench against Reading? Poor would be more apt. Few days to turn it around yet, let’s hope it comes off.

I sorry but all subs came on and had an impact on the game. Yes it not the ideal bench but it was what it was

50 minutes ago, Valois said:

Looking like it could be done finally and a lot less than the £12m talked about

BCDFC3F7-3876-47A9-99A2-47B05E16B306.png

looks hope we got this deal done and dusted

6 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Here’s my Mystic Meg: he won’t go straight into the team. Mowbray has made it crystal clear that no-one will. The incumbents own the shirts until someone proves (to the dressing room as well as Mogga) that they deserve it more. Team spirit trumps everything at the Arte Et Labore Rovers.

We'll tell if someone has to prove themselves to wear the shirt. If Smallwood gets selected today I will be livid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

We'll tell if someone has to prove themselves to wear the shirt. If Smallwood gets selected today I will be livid. 

I think the question is will the rest of the team be livid. Livid they are starting a man short, I’d expect Bennett in his spot; livid you can get thrown under the bus for one bad game, I’d expect him to start and be first to be subbed.

Ben Brereton remains #Rovers' number one target, and the club are working hard to try and finalise a deal. Not there yet, but some progress https://t.co/lmfTex7QCo

In other news, understand there's more chance of Cilla Black than QPR striker Idrissa Sylla arriving before Friday's loan deadline.

From Rich Sharpe

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You seem to have forgotten Rodwell.Be England captain in a couple of years in my opinion 

Yeah but he’s only on a deal to the end of the season so I had to exclude him. He’ll be at Real Madrid by that point so he won’t feature for us. Thomas Gravesen MkII.

The real concern though is the kit man printing the shirts correctly and Rodwell getting games by accident while Rothwell is down at the slots in town.

3ADA1148-3399-4B26-9B1A-DA59211CE86C.jpeg

• Like 1