BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

From Alan Myers:

My understanding that a deal to bring Nottingham Forest Striker Ben Bereton to @Rovers is progressing, the 19 year old will join initially on loan with the deal becoming permanent in January for around £6M

Edited by schoey

If this is true about Brereton you would imagine the hold up is over how much of a percentage in the sell on clause.

If as they say he is rated at Forest then you would imagine they are wanting a healthy slice and probably a load of other clauses based around number of goals he gets, if we get promoted, possible England call up etc.

In one way that's good at least it shows he is highly thought of.But Venkys are probably only allowing this deal as they are looking at making a profit and the more expensive it gets less chance of a profit.One good season and you are talking double on 6 already one exceptional season and wouldn't be far off 20 million, fee's are only going 1 way and that's up.

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think the question is will the rest of the team be livid. Livid they are starting a man short, I’d expect Bennett in his spot; livid you can get thrown under the bus for one bad game, I’d expect him to start and be first to be subbed.

He's not performed well for ages now unfortunately and jogs back when we are being overran in midfield.

27 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

LT running with it now...not done yet.  

States 'preferred attacking option' which indicates he is the only attacking  player arriving. Still need another striker/winger IMO

You would imagine we might get one in on loan on top of Brereton, if Armstrong is out for any length of time and even Samuel who isn't quite good enough but still we have lost another body unless Nuttall not going on loan now 

Just seen Sharpe say he reckons 2 in before the deadline so maybe Brererton will be the only attacker brought in as aren't we rumoured to be signing Reed aswell?

I mean I don't think Reed would be a bad signing but we're shorter in attack than midfield .Altho I do think Reed would be Mowbray's choice to start in midfield 

Edited by islander200

I've been biting my tounge about Ben signing for us or saying we are not in for him , there's a reason for it as I am trying not to show how I feel about it as I don't want to be let down, the lad is going to be special he will only last 2 or 3 season's here before he's snapped up by a big boy , I'm really excited by the potential signing of Ben 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's not performed well for ages now unfortunately and jogs back when we are being overran in midfield.

He's definitely the weakest link in the starting 11.

I'm not so sure he's jogging back, it feels to me that's his version of a sprint. He's just not got it...     

Seems like it's all systems go!

Our local media are reporting £6m up front fee, with add-ons and a sell-on.

I imagine we'll never know the full deal as it will be no doubt undisclosed! Not sure why that's allowed to happen.

Good luck to yourselves and Brereton.  He is a talent.  He does need some patience.  Some games he will have his CB on toast and others he will get kicked a bit and spend a bit of time on the floor, but he has the makings of being a very effective no.9.

• Like 6

cant wait to see ben in blue and white!! didnt want to get excitted but it looks like its happening,  we have got hold of a special talent guys trust me on this, forrest supporting mate actualy put his fist through his bedroom door cos i was taking the piss that hes coming here,  thinks ben will become the next big thing for england, says in time he will have it all, hes propper gutted hes going

gonna have to buy a shirt with his name on it when he signs !!

Cant keep up with this transfer. 6 mill is alot better than the 12 and 14 we were told but there will be addons and clauses attached too. Would just be happy to have a striker in, we have just started a Championship game with Nuttall upfront ffs.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

Seems like it's all systems go!

Our local media are reporting £6m up front fee, with add-ons and a sell-on.

I imagine we'll never know the full deal as it will be no doubt undisclosed! Not sure why that's allowed to happen.

Good luck to yourselves and Brereton.  He is a talent.  He does need some patience.  Some games he will have his CB on toast and others he will get kicked a bit and spend a bit of time on the floor, but he has the makings of being a very effective no.9.

Hi thanks for you input and kind words. Do you know for sure if everything is agreed and done and dusted? Is it now just subject to a satisfactory medical?

• Backroom

I'm starting to get excited. At full strength (if Brereton is genuinely nearly sorted), we'll look like this:

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Bell

Bennett    Evans

Rothwell        Dack       Armstrong

Brereton

Bench: Leutwiler, Travis, Williams, Rodwell, Palmer, Graham, Samuel.

Also Davenport, Smallwood, Nuttall and others.

• Like 2