BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Brererton was at the forest match this evening.

Although the reports look like he will be joining i'l wait till I see him holding up the scarf before I fully believe it.

It's been a strange one, yesterday we were hearing reports that Forest wanted 14 million, then we heard they rejected a bid of 10 million from an unnamed premier league club and now today he is on the verge of joining for 6 million?Doesn't add up to me.

Although if the telegraph are actually running with it then it must be close 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

there isn't a column for threatening keepers, the main one is goals for and against. Rayas job is to stop goals, this he did. It's no more than I would expect. 

Factual but a fair reflection of the game? I think we have ridden our luck this last week.  But fair play, if the squad is filled out next week, then it's all good.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Come on mate, we have quality just been unlucky with injuries. Once Brereton comes in we have Arma, Graham and Brereton all to pick from which are all capable. 

About your post about it not being a good window. Considering Palmer scored today and has looked good, Rothwell looking like our best player, pulling Newcastle's pants down for Armstrong, Davenport still to come through... I'd say that's a pretty decent window. That's not accounting for Brereton and Reed who still might come in and Rodwell who could go either way. 

Chin up. 

Lots of sided are unlucky with injuries.  That's why you need a strong squad.  At this stage of the season we should not have an under 23 striker starting games and Caddis/Hart on the bench.  

As I posted before, we've got away with it this last week -  which is great.  Get the bodies in next week and  we can really have a good go this year.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Brererton was at the forest match this evening.

Although the reports look like he will be joining i'l wait till I see him holding up the scarf before I fully believe it.

It's been a strange one, yesterday we were hearing reports that Forest wanted 14 million, then we heard they rejected a bid of 10 million from an unnamed premier league club and now today he is on the verge of joining for 6 million?Doesn't add up to me.

Although if the telegraph are actually running with it then it must be close 

None of it adds up to me either.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Nowhere any time soon due to lack of fitness. But hes a gamble and a "low cost" one apparently. We cant rely on him to be anything other than a bonus considering his unavailability in the near future and his disastrous recent history.

We still need a centre back AND a central midfielder really. We dont have any proven, quality back up for 2 centre backs who have been prone to injury.

We also need a central midfielder. As said prior, Smallwood is no better than a squad player, Evans is good enough but prone to injury, Bennetts versatility means he may be needed elsewhere, Davenports only young and Rodwells a total gamble. We need someone who is first team quality.

Id like to see some outgoings to. Travis, Nuttall and Tomlinson all need regular football in the lower divisions.

Get these 4 players in and youd have to say we shouldnt be near the bottom and we can push on 

I can see us signing 2 or 3 players. Striker, winger and either centre back/centre midfielder 

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Would love Oliver Burke for the right wing.

from West Brom?

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can see us signing 2 or 3 players. Striker, winger and either centre back/centre midfielder 

from West Brom?

So basically you are saying what you think Mowbray will do, rather than what you want yourself or feel we need in your opinion?

I feel we need 4 players, striker, pacy winger, partner for Evans and centre back.

25 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Lots of sided are unlucky with injuries.  That's why you need a strong squad.  At this stage of the season we should not have an under 23 striker starting games and Caddis/Hart on the bench.  

As I posted before, we've got away with it this last week -  which is great.  Get the bodies in next week and  we can really have a good go this year.

I think we've been especially unlucky in specially one area of the pitch, can't remember us having so many attacking players out at once, it wouldn't be so bad of Graham could do 90 but seeing as he can't just highlights it a little more. I do think we lack a little depth perhaps but certainly not lacking in quality. 

32 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Would love Oliver Burke for the right wing.

Was thinking the same but I can't see West Brom taking such a hit on his transfer fee and I think will be in their long term plans. 

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

If we get Harrison Reed on a loan  and Brereton on a loan with a view to a perm you couldn't have asked for a better window.

Disagree, it would be a window in which we would have solved many but not all of what we needed.

Wed still have no quality in reserve at centre back and absolutely no option of natural width.

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So basically you are saying what you think Mowbray will do, rather than what you want yourself or feel we need in your opinion?

I feel we need 4 players, striker, pacy winger, partner for Evans and centre back.

Like I said a Striker a wide man is must. 

And if Rodwell is the back centre back then do we really need 5th/6thh centre back option. But if he going to midfielder then we need a centre back signing. I go for Linsday from Barnsley. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Disagree, it would be a window in which we would have solved many but not all of what we needed.

Wed still have no quality in reserve at centre back and absolutely no option of natural width.

We dont play with natural wingers mostly. Mowbray has explained why he plays this way

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And if Rodwell is the back centre back then do we really need 5th/6thh centre back option. But if he going to midfielder then we need a centre back signing. I go for Linsday from Barnsley. 

We dont play with natural wingers mostly. Mowbray has explained why he plays this way

You've just totally contradicted yourself. You've said we need a winger, but then gone onto to defend mowbray as to why we have no natural wingers as if you are happy with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAK said:

You've just totally contradicted yourself. You've said we need a winger, but then gone onto to defend mowbray as to why we have no natural wingers as if you are happy with that. 

was about to bring that up?!  i personaly would love a trickey winger, times in games i see who ever is wide like bennett or conway and they dont run at there man or try to beat them, would love a good proper winger  ( would of loved edwards that went to ipswich, hes probaly going straight back to leauge 1 bless him)

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You need to start giving your own opinions. If you just try to mirror what you expect Mowbray to do then is there any point in a messageboard? 

Rodwell is a player you admitted you didnt want. He is not a defender, he has had a career as a midfielder. He is nowhere near fit, so if Mulgrew or Lenihan pick up a knock in training this week or v Lincoln, hes of no use.

So the question is, in your opinion, not what you think Mowbrays opinion is, is a currently unfit midfielder on the back of a few horrid years and someone you didnt want, someone who you think is good enough to be third choice at centre back? Because thats the role I am talking about. First reserve.

And as @AAK mentions youve just contradicted yourself regarding a winger. Besides, in our current formation, playing a winger would require no adjustment whatsoever. Sometimes, having only players who naturally come inside will be one dimensional.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffRover said:

Hopefully we can get Brereton over the line sharpish if the reports are true. The Lincoln game could be an ideal chance to get off the mark if he does indeed sign for us.

ohh mate that would be amazing, annnounced monday scores a hatrick tuesday ;)

hundred percent getting a home shirt with his name on the back if he signs :D

Edited by AdamRochina

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You need to start giving your own opinions. If you just try to mirror what you expect Mowbray to do then is there any point in a messageboard? 

Rodwell is a player you admitted you didnt want. He is not a defender, he has had a career as a midfielder. He is nowhere near fit, so if Mulgrew or Lenihan pick up a knock in training this week or v Lincoln, hes of no use.

So the question is, in your opinion, not what you think Mowbrays opinion is, is a currently unfit midfielder on the back of a few horrid years and someone you didnt want, someone who you think is good enough to be third choice at centre back? Because thats the role I am talking about. First reserve.

And as @AAK mentions youve just contradicted yourself regarding a winger. Besides, in our current formation, playing a winger would require no adjustment whatsoever. Sometimes, having only players who naturally come inside will be one dimensional.

Well firstly, It's my opinion. 

Yes I didnt want Rodwell here due to injury record not on Sunderland fans views. But hes here and Its someone Mowbray thinks he can do a job in the team. 

Well I would use Rodwell as defensive midfielder next to Evans. But I think Mowbray see him as defender. On the subject of fitness didnt he do pre season at Watford and almost sign there. So a couple of under 23's games he be fit imo.

I have no idea what AAK has said as he on ignore list. Yes we dont change formation but Mowbray has said how he wants to use the 2 wide players and their roles within the team structure. Yes Mowbray could change his views in certain games. Look at Bennett in the 10 role today. Outstanding

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

So Leicester linked to Bradley Dack in a January swoop, I think he will be 20mil+ to replace in todays market anything less wouldnt be beneficial to the team for rebuilding.

Get Barry Venky to put a counter bid in for Vardy.

• Like 2