BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

8 minutes ago, pick32 said:

So Leicester linked to Bradley Dack in a January swoop, I think he will be 20mil+ to replace in todays market anything less wouldnt be beneficial to the team for rebuilding.

I agree he should be worth something around 20 million if he keeps playing well till January. Although he is fantastic he is not irreplaceable and if Tony was given the majority of that money to reinvest I would be happy. However, if that money isnt seen again it would leave us a lot weaker for the second half on the season. 

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I agree he should be worth something around 20 million if he keeps playing well till January. Although he is fantastic he is not irreplaceable and if Tony was given the majority of that money to reinvest I would be happy. However, if that money isnt seen again it would leave us a lot weaker for the second half on the season. 

Dangerous to even talk like this. Venky's have a habit of selling even when we are trying to build. Need to learn from past mistakes. We have to hold onto our better players if progress is to be made. Lets keep the momentum going

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Dangerous to even talk like this. Venky's have a habit of selling even when we are trying to build. Need to learn from past mistakes. We have to hold onto our better players if progress is to be made. Lets keep the momentum going

I wouldn’t sell him midseason but if at the end of the season we are still in the Championship and a Prem club comes in for him with fair money, it would be unfair to say no. We are a selling club at the end of the day and players need to look at us as a stepping stone to bigger things. If we refuse to let our top players leave, why would youngsters with potential want to join? No kid who isn’t a Blackburn Rovers fan dreams of playing for Championship Blackburn Rovers when they’re good enough for the Premier League, we need to understand that and use it to our advantage.

Edited by RV Blue
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

I wouldn’t sell him midseason but if at the end of the season we are still in the Championship and a Prem club comes in for him with fair money, it would be unfair to say no. We are a selling club at the end of the day and players need to look at us as a stepping stone to bigger things. If we refuse to let our top players leave, why would youngsters with potential want to join? No kid who isn’t a Blackburn Rovers fan wants to play for Championship Blackburn Rovers when they’re good enough for the Premier League, we need to understand that and use it to our advantage.

Good point

Too much can happen between now and January for us to even remotely concern ourselves with potential incomings or outgoings in that window at this stage.

That's why our business has to be done in the next few days because 4 months until the next window is a massive gap with a huge amount of football to play.

Sadly for one reason or another there seems to be a group of people who enjoy or benefit from continually linking our players with transfers away the moment they or we do reasonably well. 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

Just now, RV Blue said:

I wouldn’t sell him midseason but if at the end of the season we are still in the Championship and a Prem club comes in for him with fair money, it would be unfair to say no. We are a selling club at the end of the day and players need to look at us as a stepping stone to bigger things. If we refuse to let our top players leave, why would youngsters with potential want to join? No kid who isn’t a Blackburn Rovers fan dreams of playing for Championship Blackburn Rovers when they’re good enough for the Premier League, we need to understand that and use it to our advantage.

It depends on the progress wwe are making at the end of the season. If we just avoid relegation then yes I can understand your point but if we just miss out on promotion then it is a stick or twist situation for the following season. Venkys have stuck in the past and sold players like Cairney when we just missed out on the playoffs and ended up going backwards.

43 minutes ago, pick32 said:

So Leicester linked to Bradley Dack in a January swoop, I think he will be 20mil+ to replace in todays market anything less wouldnt be beneficial to the team for rebuilding.

You are also relying on Venkys to let us invest the money back in the team.  Not happened at any stage so far!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

It depends on the progress wwe are making at the end of the season. If we just avoid relegation then yes I can understand your point but if we just miss out on promotion then it is a stick or twist situation for the following season. Venkys have stuck in the past and sold players like Cairney when we just missed out on the playoffs and ended up going backwards.

Yes, and it also depends on our ambition. If we narrowly miss out on the playoffs and then spend £20m+ in the summer for a proper promotion push, we might do enough to convince him he should stay.

• Like 1

It's a non story. If they really wanted him they'd have been in for him this window. Given how he is going to tear the championship up this season we already knew there would be interest in January. Nixon being a nob basically. The bloke clearly doesn't think much of us these days 

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

It's a non story. If they really wanted him they'd have been in for him this window. Given how he is going to tear the championship up this season we already knew there would be interest in January. Nixon being a nob basically. The bloke clearly doesn't think much of us these days 

Lol. He fell out with us ages ago when he discovered he could get more sycophant followers on Twitter than BRFCS, and could block individuals.

Power trip junky is ol’ Nicko.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 47er said:

We have him for 4 years, absolutely no reason to sell him for 3 years. And I hope we are back in the Premiership before then.

We only have him contracted for 3 years. That's all the new contract gives, frustratingly.

If we still have him in the summer, we are  going to need to offer him another contract to stop the fear of last year negotiations.

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Pick one of the best players in the championship and link them with a team outside the top 6 in the Premier league, then pretend to be in the know and call yourself a journalist... Slow claps for you dickhead. 

Any prem club with a scouting network will be well aware of Dack... In other news the sky is blue and it might rain this year. 

Clown. 

I enjoyed 'dickhead' very much. 

Problem is by us talking and writing about a story he's created he's got exactly what he craves; attention. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We only have him contracted for 3 years. That's all the new contract gives, frustratingly.

If we still have him in the summer, we are  going to need to offer him another contract to stop the fear of last year negotiations.

Right. So was he originally contracted for 3 years and now we have another 3 making 4 in total if you get my meaning?

Still no pressure to sell him though at this time or near future.

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Right. So was he originally contracted for 3 years and now we have another 3 making 4 in total if you get my meaning?

Still no pressure to sell him though at this time or near future.

Premier League clubs just have so much money. The best we can hope for his competition between two or three premier clubs for him..in a couple of years.

The worst case would be a promotion contender with parachute payments getting him in January to bolster their chances and weakening our own situation-a kind of Keith Newton scenario....What a collapse followed that bit of business!

I remember Souey making a big intervention to Rovers board about Damien Duff .."All I am saying is don't let him go cheaply.."

3 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I enjoyed 'dickhead' very much. 

Problem is by us talking and writing about a story he's created he's got exactly what he craves; attention. 

But also deserves criticism and to be called out for the chancing cretin he is. I think as long as its on a message board and not on social media its fine... Start taking his word as gospel on twitter and discussing his pea brained thoughts and he'll be thinking he's a brilliant. 

Imagine knowing that you've made a living out talking bullshit your whole life, The S*n is the perfect place for his nonsense. 

• Like 3

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Premier League clubs just have so much money. The best we can hope for his competition between two or three premier clubs for him..in a couple of years.

The worst case would be a promotion contender with parachute payments getting him in January to bolster their chances and weakening our own situation-a kind of Keith Newton scenario....What a collapse followed that bit of business!

I remember Souey making a big intervention to Rovers board about Damien Duff .."All I am saying is don't let him go cheaply.."

Keith Newton went to Everton for a massive fee at the time. It was a record for a full back. Everton were in the top three teams in England then, we were languishing at a slightly higher level than we are now. It was a miracle we hung on to him as long as we did. A Rolls-Royce of a player, we've had some decent full backs over the years but he was head and shoulders the best.

33 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm sorry mate, I'm really confused by this reply? Why does 3 plus 3 equal 4?

But anyway, Dack signed a 4 yr contract when we bought him. It had 3 remaining this summer. He signed a new 3 year deal this summer. It ends in 3 years. It doesn't run in addition to the other one. It wasn't an extension.

Edited by bluebruce

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well firstly, It's my opinion. 

Yes I didnt want Rodwell here due to injury record not on Sunderland fans views. But hes here and Its someone Mowbray thinks he can do a job in the team. 

Well I would use Rodwell as defensive midfielder next to Evans. But I think Mowbray see him as defender. On the subject of fitness didnt he do pre season at Watford and almost sign there. So a couple of under 23's games he be fit imo.

I have no idea what AAK has said as he on ignore list. Yes we dont change formation but Mowbray has said how he wants to use the 2 wide players and their roles within the team structure. Yes Mowbray could change his views in certain games. Look at Bennett in the 10 role today. Outstanding

It doesnt make any sense or have any logic at all to it.

If you consider Rodwell to be a midfielder, then surely you think we still need a centre back? A third choice centre back good enough to push the 2 we have, one thats much bettter than Downing who is League 1 quality.

I agree that he should be considered a midfielder, thats where hes played all his life, and even in there he can be considered another option, not someone we can rely upon for various reasons, his performances for quite a while now, his mental questions, his fitness and his injuries all mean we can count upon.

If Mowbray plans to use him as a centre back which I dont think hes quoted as saying, I may be wrong, then he cant have been signed as the main back up there or we are in trouble, as the position at the moment is unknown to him, aswell as all the reasons listed above. 

In my opinion, the reason that you arent suggesting that we need a defender anymore, even though you was last week and we havent signed one, is because you dont think Mowbray will sign one, rather than because you dont think we need one.

My point about a wide man was you could stick one in either wide role in our formation and he would give us a new dimension as we have no one who can beat a man then deliver a good cross. We have other players who play in wide role, most obviously Palmer who is not a good defensive player but in the side out wide for his attacking ability.

Again, you are mirroring Mowbrays opinion rather than giving your own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Keith Newton went to Everton for a massive fee at the time. It was a record for a full back. Everton were in the top three teams in England then, we were languishing at a slightly higher level than we are now. It was a miracle we hung on to him as long as we did. A Rolls-Royce of a player, we've had some decent full backs over the years but he was head and shoulders the best.

It was Christmas and we were 2nd in the table behind Huddersfield.

The sale was the prelude to a terrible run of 70 odd games, which included relegation to the third division.

I'm really keen for Reed to sign. The effort rate that Evans, Smallwood, Bennett and Rothwell are putting in isn't sustainable over a long season. We're going to need extra bodies. From what i've heard, he is a similar ball-winning player who snaps around in midfield.

He'd also be good cover at right back, played there most of last season for Norwich. If Nyambe gets injured, currently it is a double blow as we're going to lose Bennett there to cover him. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Been over 38 years since my family moved from Wilpshire to relocate to Staffordshire, but still have many fond memories of living there as a child. Keith's son, Craig, was in my class at primary school and Keith would show up for school football games occasionally (we played 6 a side for some reason). Can't remember him saying much to be fair, but he definitely cut the image of a late 1970's pro, although he was in the latter stages of his career at Burnley by then. I think Mick Rathbone's daughter was also in my class for a while. My younger brother and his mate used to play 2 v 2 against John Bailey and Paul Bradshaw in his mate's back yard! They were their lodgers at the time in Wilpshire and I remember thinking Bradshaw would play for the senior England side one day. Howard Kendall moved in a couple of years before we left and lived a few doors up from us. I know this sounds a bit like 'jumpers for goalposts' kind of stuff, but as I say, great memories and one of the reasons I have been hooked on Rovers ever since, as is my 9 year old son now.