BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Problem is, Evans "niggles" usually tend to last for 3 months. 

Hopefully now he has a new deal to play for it will just be a couple of weeks.

He has looked good this season though.

I frowned when I used to see his name on the team sheet but on current form he should be one of the first names on it.

Can only hope we continue to see the Evans we have done since the back end of last season

2 hours ago, Ricky said:

So, we may possibly need a right back. We’ve just signed a player who has hardly played in years, is a former England international and is absolutely hated by his last club.... wonder if Tony will be on the phone to Micah Richards.

Reed played most of last season at Rb for Norwich due to an injury to their own main Rb and it is here where he impressed the most for them. Kinda think that is part of the reason TM has gone for him. Can be back up RB too.

if its true the reason the reed deal is taking longer because we want to loan to buy then im impressed with what tony is at least trying to do and the squad hes trying to build, im just hoping he has other targets incase reed signs for bristol city like rumoured (which i feel the saints might want, just a loan not to sell)  

Just now, AdamRochina said:

seen bauer a few times for chalrton this season and he looks pretty poor by all means.  granted charlton seem to be a mess right now though

He certainly aint worth 2 million. As you said though, Charlton are a mess and it must be tough to stand out. Who is that CB Forest want rid of, another England youth international? - I would be over something like that but Forest seem to want premium dollar these days.

Just now, JacknOry said:

He certainly aint worth 2 million. As you said though, Charlton are a mess and it must be tough to stand out. Who is that CB Forest want rid of, another England youth international? - I would be over something like that but Forest seem to want premium dollar these days.

joe worrall? or something like that,  i think burnley bid for him something like 12 million and forrest rejected it

16 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

seen bauer a few times for chalrton this season and he looks pretty poor by all means.  granted charlton seem to be a mess right now though

Might be that his heart isn't in it anymore.

12 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

joe worrall? or something like that,  i think burnley bid for him something like 12 million and forrest rejected it

Jesus, Forest seem to think they've churned out the next England team or something.

really hoping for a signing or two tomorrow to really give us that buzz, we have started better then anyone could have predicted and if it wasent for a plamer miss and flukey cross come shot at ipswich we would be looking even better ;)    i hope reed and brereton are announced tomorrow, with the rest of the week focusing on a wide man and centre back or maybe just maybe a pacey striker

• Like 1

Everyone is feeling positive about the start so far but we mustn't allow that start to distract from the important work that still needs doing to the squad. We clearly have a tight-knit hard-working group on our hands who will work hard for the club but we need more depth and quality and quickly. It is concerning that we're already suffering from the expected injuries which were always going to happen sooner or later but I didn't expect so suddenly. To be in a situation where we've Joe Nuttall starting games in the Championship and have Sam Hart and Paul Caddis as substitutes is not one we want to be in. 

Still think 4 needs to be the aim. Whilst I would be pleased with the Brereton addition I hope it isn't all our eggs in one basket and all our money on one player. If we've several million sat there to spend then i'd like 3-4 bringing in of decent quality. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pay for Brereton, but would hope if Venkys are prepared to spend that much on one player they'll make more available for the 2-3 others we need. 

I'll be surprised if Rodwell is in any sort of immediate contention so still think another CB would be useful. 

The sooner we get some of these over the line the better. Ideally a couple tomorrow so they can use Lincoln to bed in a bit. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sorry mate, I'm really confused by this reply? Why does 3 plus 3 equal 4?

But anyway, Dack signed a 4 yr contract when we bought him. It had 3 remaining this summer. He signed a new 3 year deal this summer. It ends in 3 years. It doesn't run in addition to the other one. It wasn't an extension.

I'm not arguing with you mate just agreeing! We had him for one year already, he's signed a new contract for 3 years, that makes a total of 4! Yes?

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'd have preferred Edwards. How did we miss that one? Ticks every box. Maybe if Ipswich get relegated?.....

I honestly don't think TM prioritises wingers in the traditional sense. He'd have one like Chapman as an impact sub, maybe. I don't think he'd use one for 90 mins.

41 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not arguing with you mate just agreeing! We had him for one year already, he's signed a new contract for 3 years, that makes a total of 4! Yes?

I'm not arguing with you either, you've just expressed it very confusingly. I get you now. Yes it will make 4 years of owning him in total if he left at end of contract, but the point is 3 years from now he is out of contract and that's not great in my view for a fresh deal. We will need to renegotiate it next summer or end up under pressure to sell cheaper the summer after.

• Like 1

Don't know what to make of the latest take on things in the Telegraph. Sounds like Brereton is imminent and to be honest both Mowbray and Karanka have suggested it is close so that is good news.

The Telegraph are saying 'at least 2' in this week which is well short of what Mowbray wanted of 4-5 even with Rodwell added.

Mowbray is still pushing that he wants permanent players for the longer term which is clearly the best way to do business yet we've just added Rodwell until the end of the season and it sounds as though Harrison Reed will only be a season long loan, so we're not building for the future there.

I'd be pleased with Brereton but would still want and be disappointed if we didn't get at least another 2 on permanent terms who will stick with the club long term.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't know what to make of the latest take on things in the Telegraph. Sounds like Brereton is imminent and to be honest both Mowbray and Karanka have suggested it is close so that is good news.

The Telegraph are saying 'at least 2' in this week which is well short of what Mowbray wanted of 4-5 even with Rodwell added.

Mowbray is still pushing that he wants permanent players for the longer term which is clearly the best way to do business yet we've just added Rodwell until the end of the season and it sounds as though Harrison Reed will only be a season long loan, so we're not building for the future there.

I'd be pleased with Brereton but would still want and be disappointed if we didn't get at least another 2 on permanent terms who will stick with the club long term.

Maybe the players Mowbray wants arent available at the minute cos that clubs wants 2 or 3 players in 1st before making them available. 

I rather get his 1st or 2nd choices then get someone who might be 4th or 5th on a list.

Maybe that the hold up with the Reed deal cos Rovers want a permanent deal clause in there at a set fee but Southampton dont. 

I have no idea why you would disappointted if we dont make more a couple of signings. We are playing well and already showing we can match teams up in this league. 

Edited by chaddyrovers