BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

59 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Will we want him?He looks ok but when everyone fit and if it's a choice between him and Rothwell for one of the slots beside Dack and Bennett then who would you pick?Rothwell for me.

Armstrong and Brereton can play that position too 

I'd prefer Rothwell centrally but that's not going to happen so want to get him in the team 

Tough question. Probably Palmer as he poses more of a threat going forward, whereas Rothwell gives the team better balance when that's needed. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Again allowing yourself to be influenced by short term results and not by the longer term picture. Yes we've had a good start. Yes we're playing well. You don't need to tell me that. But the plan from several weeks ago shouldn't change on the basis of a few decent results.

Whether we had won our first 5 or lost our first 5 our targets and plans should remain consistent. You don't say 'well we've had a good start so we don't need any more new players now'

As expected injuries are biting and we have to add more depth or we're running a major risk.

There’s nothing ‘short term’ about a team built around Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong and Breteton. Not to mention the potential of Rothwell, Bell, Travis, Davenport, Nuttall etc...this is pure madness! Almost like people just refuse to  be happy! ??‍♂️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Can't see it confirmed anywhere?

On official twitter and website. 

I think Brereton is more likely to be announced tomorrow if its going to get done. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Palmer, Rothwell, Armstrong , Dack , Lenihan .

So Palmer and Rothwell considering the others were already here last season. Where will Rothwell and Palmer play when everyone is fit? I think one will play but not both based on Mogga's '2 and a half' attackers comment. 

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan      Mulgrew     Bell/Williams

Smallwood/Reed     Evans

Bennett                   Dack            Palmer/Rothwell/Armstrong/Brereton

Graham/Brereton/Armstrong

I think Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew Evans, Bennett, Dack and Smallwood (probably) are guaranteed a start if fit.  The rest are up for grabs. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s nothing ‘short term’ about a team built around Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Dack, Armstrong and Breteton. Not to mention the potential of Rothwell, Bell, Travis, Davenport, Nuttall etc...this is pure madness! Almost like people just refuse to  be happy! ??‍♂️

This is venkys...there is no happy just half a smile waiting for something to go tits up

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

So Palmer and Rothwell considering the others were already here last season. Where will Rothwell and Palmer play when everyone is fit? I think one will play but not both based on Mogga's '2 and a half' attackers comment. 

Raya

Nyambe    Lenihan      Mulgrew     Bell/Williams

Smallwood/Reed     Evans

Bennett                   Dack            Palmer/Rothwell/Armstrong/Brereton

Graham/Brereton/Armstrong

I think Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew Evans, Bennett, Dack and Smallwood (probably) are guaranteed a start if fit.  The rest are up for grabs. 

You asked for an opinion of the signings. I consider signing new contracts, as signings.

30 minutes ago, Al said:

I'd like him. Much needed class and flair. I know some don't like flair but I do.

Don't get me wrong Al I love a bit of class & flair too - I'm just not convinced by him and think we could do better if did somehow get promoted.  

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Next summer we'll have 13 people who are out of contract or end of loan. These are:

Paul Caddis, Sam Hart, Paul Downing, Charlie Mulgrew, Corry Evans, Craig Conway, Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham, Ben Gladwin, Kasey Palmer, Jack Rodwell, Joe Nuttall and Harrison Reed. 

We will have Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Bell, Williams, Rothwell, Davenport, Samuel, Smallwood, Travis, Dack, Armstrong and possibly Brereton under long term contract. 

So approximately half the squad will be gone in the next 9 months as it stands. 

I think it needs to be much more heavily weighted towards a small number being let go and the majority here beyond then.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Next summer we'll have 13 people who are out of contract or end of loan. These are:

Paul Caddis, Sam Hart, Paul Downing, Charlie Mulgrew, Corry Evans, Craig Conway, Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham, Ben Gladwin, Kasey Palmer, Jack Rodwell, Joe Nuttall and Harrison Reed. 

Caddis, Hart , Downing , Conway , Whittingham , Gladwin, Nutall  can go to clear up some wage bill. Most will be happy to see all these leave the club.

Graham will need to be replaced but if legs keep going another year perhaps?

Palmer and Reed can be replaced by other loanees. 

The only contracts I would be concerned for and would to wrap up quickly out of that list is Evans and Mulgrew. 

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Caddis, Hart , Downing , Conway , Whittingham , Gladwin, Nutall  can go to clear up some wage bill. Most will be happy to see all these leave the club.

Graham will need to be replaced but if legs keep going another year perhaps?

Palmer and Reed can be replaced by other loanees. 

The only contracts I would be concerned for and would to wrap up quickly out of that list is Evans and Mulgrew. 

But that's still 6 or 7 squad fillers needed if we let them go, from what is not a large squad to begin with.  

We need to be replacing 2-3 a year not 7 to 10 each year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Here, he is obviously seen as more of a left back , but he has played center half many times. Adaptable 

I imagine the "adaptable" part of this comment in a David Brent voice... "Adaptable sooooo.....and that's"