BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

What is wrong with Brereton ? There must be a reason why a Premiership club hasn't taken a punt on him - £6m isn't that much for a Premiership club. Looking at the highlights (which can be deceiving) he looks like he has pace, strength and dribbling ability - combined with the pace of Armstrong our somewhat slow team will start to look a lot quicker.

Hasn't scored many goals, nor looked like a premier league player 

Seems a pretty solid championship level player though, as long as you have goals elsewhere in the team (which we do).

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hasn't scored many goals, nor looked like a premier league player 

Seems a pretty solid championship level player though, as long as you have goals elsewhere in the team (which we do).

Prem league teams won't take these players now. They can afford to pay a premium when they've developed.

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Initially really excited about Brereton but after watching highlights there's nothing in there that makes me think.. Ok he has got something?! 

Ps probably the difference between why TM is whee he is and I'm where I am but just my thoughts..

The fact he’s 19. If he was 28 and i saw that compilation i would agree.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

The fact he’s 19. If he was 28 and i saw that compilation i would agree.

This is it. If he looks a solid Championship player now (age 19). Imagine how he will look after a couple of years 1st team experience.

Edited by RovingRover

I really hope the fans  aren’t expecting the finished article from a 19 year old striker. They need to sit back and watch TM develop him exactly like he has done with Nyambe. If/when he signs I wish him all the luck in the world. 

• Like 2

Of course too much will be expected of Brereton from some. If he doesn't perform straight away it will be ; waste of money, money should have been spent elsewhere etc etc. If he isn't straight into the team, people will be complaining. See that's the problem with football these days, fans want everything instantly. As some of you say, the guy is 19, a child basically. He shouldn't have huge pressure on him just because he is our biggest signing in some time. 

Exciting team Mogga is putting together.

Nice blend of experience and talented youth.I echo what other posters have said I hope Brereton is given time to settle and doesn't have too much expectation from the fan base.

Mowbray has said it's about building brick by brick and added 1 or 2 pieces of the jigsaw each season. First time in ages I feel the club is going in the right direction.

Positive result Sunday and then the international break which is coming at the perfect time for us.If the injured players can be back by the 15th of September Mowbray is going to be spoilt for choice picking the first 11 and bench 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Initially really excited about Brereton but after watching highlights there's nothing in there that makes me think.. Ok he has got something?! 

Ps probably the difference between why TM is whee he is and I'm where I am but just my thoughts..

I thought that from the clips.  Doesn't look anything special based on those.  Think we can only go off the general consensus of Forest fans.

If you spend what we have spent in the last 6 seasons, then suddenly spend 6-8million on one player, then the expectation is naturally big. There is no getting away from that.

He has to perform and he has to be a success if venkys are going to continue backing the gaffer

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I thought that from the clips.  Doesn't look anything special based on those.  Think we can only go off the general consensus of Forest fans.

Are we watching the same clips??!!

Lad is 18 in most of the footage and has absolutely everything in his locker!?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

If you spend what we have spent in the last 6 seasons, then suddenly spend 6-8million on one player, then the expectation is naturally big. There is no getting away from that.

He has to perform and he has to be a success if venkys are going to continue backing the gaffer

I’m not contesting he has to perform, just not instantly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Nobody is saying that he doesn't have to be a success, just that it may take time. The fee and what we have or have not spent in previous seasons should not be a weight on the young lads back 

• Like 4

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If people are reasonable ,it doesn't have to be that way.

Nothing in modern football is reasonable. All big sinings at every club have pressure and expectations. Hopefully he has the character and ability to handle it.

If TM thinks he does then thats good enough for me, but only time will tell I guess