BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

26 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Exciting team Mogga is putting together.

Nice blend of experience and talented youth.I echo what other posters have said I hope Brereton is given time to settle and doesn't have too much expectation from the fan base.

Mowbray has said it's about building brick by brick and added 1 or 2 pieces of the jigsaw each season. First time in ages I feel the club is going in the right direction.

Positive result Sunday and then the international break which is coming at the perfect time for us.If the injured players can be back by the 15th of September Mowbray is going to be spoilt for choice picking the first 11 and bench 

What’s particularly pleasing is that there is a strategy in place - young players, good team spirit, some who will command big sell on fees. We’ve spent the last few years trying to survive but Mowbray deserves all the credit for the approach now. This is EXACTLY what a team in our position should be doing.

• Like 3

They’re being “Mourinho’d” by Karanka and he’s binning off the family jewels because he can’t develop a player and only cares for his own short term success.

His solution to up top was to sign a 30 year old for 6m+ and for I imagine massive wages.

I don’t really care who that 30 year old is - THAT is a big risk for a Championship club.

Brereton looks to have it all, Tony and this team will get it out of him.

Look at what Shearer’s “stats” were at his age...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

If you spend what we have spent in the last 6 seasons, then suddenly spend 6-8million on one player, then the expectation is naturally big. There is no getting away from that.

He has to perform and he has to be a success if venkys are going to continue backing the gaffer

I don’t feel and nor do you that you can place the failings of a flawed regime and its resurrection on the back of a 19 year old. Mowbray if a judgement is made will be assessed on the whole rather than its parts.Brereton is just a cog and one that Mowbray obviously feels fits.

From past form Venkys won’t know he exists. They have squandered 130 million for god sake.They let Keane run and run. He resigned!!!!  

Forget the transfer figure because they will. We are on the up and if Brereton fits the game plan then he’s cheap. How much is promotion worth these days a lot more than 6 million.

In my opinion and I tend to be wrong more than right I think we may be going for it with Mowbray attempting to temper expectations.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I don’t feel and nor do you that you can place the failings of a flawed regime and its resurrection on the back of a 19 year old. Mowbray if a judgement is made will be assessed on the whole rather than its parts.Brereton is just a cog and one that Mowbray obviously feels fits.

From past form Venkys won’t know he exists. They have squandered 130 million for god sake.They let Keane run and run. He resigned!!!!  

Forget the transfer figure because they will. We are on the up and if Brereton fits the game plan then he’s cheap. How much is promotion worth these days a lot more than 6 million.

In my opinion and I tend to be wrong more than right I think we may be going for it with Mowbray attempting to temper expectations.

Oh I agree in reality. A lot of common sense in your post and many of the others above. Trouble is there is no common sense in football.

The fee will be a burden he will have to overcome and if its not early the burden will grow. The fact he is a striker makes it even worse. Everyone craves an expensive striker signing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffRover said:

I really hope the fans  aren’t expecting the finished article from a 19 year old striker. They need to sit back and watch TM develop him exactly like he has done with Nyambe. If/when he signs I wish him all the luck in the world. 

There's no way we are spending 6m to develop a player. He will be a major player for us expected to perform very well out of the blocks.

For whatever reason Tony obviously reckons Brereton has got the quality to make a big immediate impact. If he didn't we would not be signing him for huge money. We don't have the resources for long term bets. He'll go straight in at the sharp end if/when he signs.

Edited by joey_big_nose

12 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Disappointed he won't sign today. If he signs early tomorrow can he play against Lincoln 

Don't think so I doubt he would have been thrown In anyway he hasn't played a minute this season expect we won't see him until after the international break

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Some of the comments being bandied about are a bit silly.

We’re spending the most money we’ve spent on any player for ages on an as yet, largely inexperienced 19 year old. He’s got a lot of potential and I really want him to fulfil that with us. People are still allowed to be cautious about this and it doesn’t make them negative. 

Like any other fan, I want Brereton to be a success here, like any other signing. I really want to be happy with Rovers and I want the club to compete at as high a level as possible, why on earth wouldn’t I or anyone else want the same? Suggesting otherwise only serves to wind people up and derails threads, as we’ve mentioned before. I still think we are a touch light in wide areas in case of injures and whilst I trust TM, I have concerns about what happens if we pick up injuries, as we have already. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Doesn't actually matter that much whether those out of contract are ones we want to keep or not. 

The point is that we need to be building a squad bit by bit not seeing a dozen plus out of contract each year. 

Those bodies will need replacing properly hence why bringing in more permanents now would offset it somewhat next year.

The average contract is three years so, in a 23-man squad, on average 8 will be out of contract per year....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Are we watching the same clips??!!

Lad is 18 in most of the footage and has absolutely everything in his locker!?

I'm not for one minute saying I know better than Tony and his team, I'm just intrigued to understand what his attributes or even his potential attributes are.. 

33 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

There's no way we are spending 6m to develop a player. He will be a major player for us expected to perform very well out of the blocks.

For whatever reason Tony obviously reckons Brereton has got the quality to make a big immediate impact. If he didn't we would not be signing him for huge money. We don't have the resources for long term bets. He'll go straight in at the sharp end if/when he signs.

Young enough to accept being replaced by Graham after 60 minutes. Good enough to improve our first 11 if we accept that DG can't do 90 minutes given that Samuel and Nuttall are the options. Young enough to improve and adapt to different formations.

Sure - needs to make a quick impact to avoid any comparisons to Davies but that is unavoidable given the fee

22 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm not for one minute saying I know better than Tony and his team, I'm just intrigued to understand what his attributes or even his potential attributes are.. 

Well... he looks strong, a good height, tricky, can pop the ball off or hold it up intelligently and can skin a man or two - he looks pretty bloody rapid with very good technique.

20 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Only if his locker has no goals in it. He doesn't look a good finisher on those clips but he looks quick and strong. He can leave the goals to Dack and Armstrong.

The ability is there I reckon. The QPR/Reading goal is obscene. Goals will come.

Just all my opinion of course, and yes he will need to develop but with Graham/Dack/Mowbray etc around him I’m really confident we will have a quality striker for many years to come.

We have to sign him first though!

If it falls through I never rated him.

Oh, and at his age Alan Shearer had 8 career goals.

Ben has 9. ?

• Like 3

We talk about this signing more than any other. We know nothing about him really, nothing about most of our signings these days

Why is it this one gets everyone excited when we know nothing about him really.

Its becasue of the fee and he is a striker. It naturally excites people

If he was 300k nobody would mention his stats. Nobody would mention shearer in the same post.

This is what happens when you spend big money. This is why there is different pressure to perform if he signs

• Like 3