BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I look at what Mowbray is saying and suggesting then work off that. 

Maybe Mowbray wants Chapman and he is his 1st choice but he is willing to wait to he is available in the summer. I don't know or maybe another target isn't available or price unrealistic

I felt Downing was fine last season most of the time. 

I suggested you look at Rodwell past cos he has played centre back in the past which I think was in his youth days at Everton. 

Your line of "You didn't want him" is unnecessary cos as you keep saying we aren't scouts. The last time I heard he was at Watford so I thought he was signing there. I can suggest where he should play but Mowbray clearly knows where he will play him from his comments and that's seems Centre back.

This is what my point was to @roversfan99. But I don't think I was clear enough in my point to him

We were talking about the team we are building and the way we are doing it through signing young players and building a team full work rate, skill, passion and never know when we are beaten. 

I wanted your opinion, not Mowbrays. I come on the messageboard to give my opinion and to see what other peoples opinions are. Im not interested in all the hypothetical reasons as to what Mowbray is thinking and why you think hes thinking it.

Nothing suggests he wanted Chapman, neither his solitary start last year nor his comments about him being a sub suggest he particularly rates him. Hes an easy link because he was here last season.

No its not unneccesary. Im not saying give me a list of players to sign. I thought it was just an impression/hunch that Rich Sharpe had that Rodwell will play in defence.

Downing started off ok but after a honeymoon period his performances dramatically got worse. Him and Willias played a couple of games together around when we lost at Plymouth and they both looked all over the place. Mowbray is obviously after a centre back hence the Bauer quotes. We need a centre back not far off the quality of the 2 we have. If you genuinely feel Rodwell, IN YOUR OPINION, is good enough as our 3rd choice centre back, a position thats totally alien to him in senior football, then youve had a massive change of heart in a couple of days. Hes seemingly miles off a squad anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Do people think Brereton will be the last one in?

Wouldn't be totally surprised if we got another striker on a 6/12 month loan. 

We were looking at Brereton before Samuel got injured, depending on how serious it is, TM may think we need another to cover that injury. 

• Like 1

I would like one more striker and a winger. I hope that we would take a look at this guy in the january window https://www.transfermarkt.com/babajide-david-akintola/profil/spieler/353775 

He has been one of the stand out performers in the norwegian top divison. Winger with pace and skills, only 22 years old and has 6 goals and 6 assists from 20 games. What do you think @briansol ?

Edited by Swanson

Just now, Swanson said:

I would like one more striker and a winger. I hope that we would take a look at this guy in the january window https://www.transfermarkt.com/babajide-david-akintola/profil/spieler/353775 

He has been one of the stand out performers in the norwegian top flight. Winger with pace and skills, only 22 years old and has 6 goals and 6 assists from 20 games. What do you think @briansol ?

Watching too little Norwegian football to have an opionon, but by all account a very exiting player. Fits the profile. There are certainly profiles in the scandinavian market to be picked up for reasonable price, wondering how far our scouting network goes. The Wil Trap thing suggest that Mowbray is putting in place a network that will go beyong UK. He has experience by bringing foreign players from previous jobs. 

However I can see the large benefits by keeping the group young and british. Very similar to the one that one PL. Henning Berg claimed that one of the major reasons they won was that it was tight knit group in the same age spectre.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I understand you trying to keep this a relaxed affair and tbf to you your posts are generally balanced.

However, there’s little doubt where you actually sit in terms of personal preference. You are very quick to jump on anyone who shows any displeasure at the incessant whining and down trodden attitudes which also cause friction. But you seem reticent to step in when the shoe is on the other foot. A few of these have been highlighted and still ignored. Chaddy is always positive and gets a lot of direct and indirect abuse on here. None of which is punished. Appreciate the job you do but a bit of consistency would be great, thanks. 

Thanks for the feedback....

But, if Chaddy or anyone else reported any of these offending posts, action would be taken. If nobody reports anything or we don’t see the offending posts, then how are we to know? Bear in mind all the mods work full time and do this in our own time. Time and again I’ve said that people calling each other happy clappers or overly negative is just a bit pathetic IMO. Why not tell people why you think that? You’ve all got a decent command of the English language, why not express that? 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

Stop being big girls? TM appears to be doing a brilliant job of assembling a squad of young, exciting British players, if it turns to ratshit 2 years down the line, then bitch. At the moment everything in the garden looks rosy for the first time in years.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Stop being big girls? TM appears to be doing a brilliant job of assembling a squad of young, exciting British players, if it turns to ratshit 2 years down the line, then bitch. At the moment everything in the garden looks rosy for the first time in years.

Then venkys step in...round and round we go

56 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Come on Mani.  Even you were a little skeptical after that deadline day farce! Looks like turning out better  than expected - I'll be ecstatic with the window if we get a winger and a defender by the end of the week! 

And I remain skeptical. BUT the signings have been good overall. The manager said he wanted 4/5 players after Arma and we’re currently on 2 with Brereton all but done. The team is playing well and we’ve made a good start. So what’s the big problem? There’s something much bigger going on there than the signing of one last cb or whatever...

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Thanks for the feedback....

But, if Chaddy or anyone else reported any of these offending posts, action would be taken. If nobody reports anything or we don’t see the offending posts, then how are we to know? Bear in mind all the mods work full time and do this in our own time. Time and again I’ve said that people calling each other happy clappers or overly negative is just a bit pathetic IMO. Why not tell people why you think that? You’ve all got a decent command of the English language, why not express that? 

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the work you put in in your own time. I also think there have been issues raised that haven’t been dealt with but I respect your take on this. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

I want to know why everyone is so confident of getting brereton.

keep reading all the forums. Looking for Confirmation and info I can get my hands on but it just seems all hearsay. I can't see us spending that kind of money.

Am I just miles off the mark. 

Too many reports coming in for nothing to be in it.

Even Karanka after the Forest match admitted he was off

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

However, there’s little doubt where you actually sit in terms of personal preference. You are very quick to jump on anyone who shows any displeasure at the incessant whining and down trodden attitudes which also cause friction. But you seem reticent to step in when the shoe is on the other foot. A few of these have been highlighted and still ignored. Chaddy is always positive and gets a lot of direct and indirect abuse on here. None of which is punished. Appreciate the job you do but a bit of consistency would be great, thanks. 

Think again. A month or two ago I got an official warning from K-Hod for a minor, and indirect insult I threw 'at' Chaddy. Can't say I was best pleased by it, felt it was OTT and heavy-handed, especially since I very very rarely get irritated enough by someone on here to do any form of insulting, but the point is, people do get in 'trouble' for it.

For the record I'm neither a happy clapper nor a doom monger, either. Now let's stop talking about moderators, posters, and forum personalities and just talk football.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1