BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Forest spend £7 million on Grabban, Derby spend similar on Waghorn, neither of whom will have much resale value, those clubs are showing ambition and we should accept that as a fact of life. We are reportedly spending a similar sum on a teenager who is highly likely to grow in value and subsequently be sold by the owners for a profit and we get all the talk now about it being too much money, too much of a gamble, where's the money coming from etc.

Fact is we've lagged behind rival clubs for years on player spending and have hidden behind a multitude of excuses when all along the owners could have spent had they wanted to. 

This is clearly being sold to them as an investment which is likely to reap returns for them. Fair enough.

You have to invest to even keep up yet it seems some are very uncomfortable with the concept. Meanwhile we should stand back in awe whilst clubs like Forest and Derby spend fortunes on ready made players. Odd.

17 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

I want to know why everyone is so confident of getting brereton.

keep reading all the forums. Looking for Confirmation and info I can get my hands on but it just seems all hearsay. I can't see us spending that kind of money.

Am I just miles off the mark. 

After Peter O'Rourke and well respected John Percy reported it I'm very confident. These are sources on the top of the ladder when it comes to credibility and doesn't deal in rumours.

image.png.d4d261ba6ef94c429af855e1fd4dc622.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

What is wrong with Brereton ? There must be a reason why a Premiership club hasn't taken a punt on him - £6m isn't that much for a Premiership club. Looking at the highlights (which can be deceiving) he looks like he has pace, strength and dribbling ability - combined with the pace of Armstrong our somewhat slow team will start to look a lot quicker.

I asked this! Several times! Once the media got on to the fact that we are willing to pay what seems a lot of money for him I thought that would alert them and we'd lose him.

But no interest at all. Let's hope their loss is our gain.

But it does seem odd Jim!  :)

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

And I remain skeptical. BUT the signings have been good overall. The manager said he wanted 4/5 players after Arma and we’re currently on 2 with Brereton all but done. The team is playing well and we’ve made a good start. So what’s the big problem? There’s something much bigger going on there than the signing of one last cb or whatever...

What does that even mean?

Its not that black or white. Everyone in general will testify to the job Mowbrays doing or towards some of the signings made.

But if you think that people wont mention if they feel a particular positions is weak or needs strengthening, or if they have any concerns on one of the players we have signed, you might be in for shock. 

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Forest spend £7 million on Grabban, Derby spend similar on Waghorn, neither of whom will have much resale value, those clubs are showing ambition and we should accept that as a fact of life. We are reportedly spending a similar sum on a teenager who is highly likely to grow in value and subsequently be sold by the owners for a profit and we get all the talk now about it being too much money, too much of a gamble, where's the money coming from etc.

Fact is we've lagged behind rival clubs for years on player spending and have hidden behind a multitude of excuses when all along the owners could have spent had they wanted to. 

This is clearly being sold to them as an investment which is likely to reap returns for them. Fair enough.

You have to invest to even keep up yet it seems some are very uncomfortable with the concept. Meanwhile we should stand back in awe whilst clubs like Forest and Derby spend fortunes on ready made players. Odd.

I’m hearing that the owners want to invest and have big plans for the club. They are showing real intent to move the club onwards and Brereton is part of that process! 

Hopefully this all comes off!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I wanted your opinion, not Mowbrays. I come on the messageboard to give my opinion and to see what other peoples opinions are. 

You get my opinion but explained what behind my opinions and the reasoning. You can either accept it or dont bother

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You get my opinion but explained what behind my opinions and the reasoning. You can either accept it or dont bother

For claritys sake, what signings would YOU like us to make, positionally, not names, between now and Friday?

Mine would be a striker, pacy winger and centre back.

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

Some serious backlash from forrest fans,  has there ever been a transfer that the selling owner has seen the backlash and decided at the last minute to stop it? Because forrest fans are seriously fuming haha

Yes its happened before. I think it did with Rhodes here.

Edited by Nonnel40

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we’re spending the same money then we’re showing the same ambition. The manager obvs didn’t want those players you spoke of. They’d just personal choice I guess?

• Like 1

Just now, Buckshaw Rover said:

I’m hearing that the owners want to invest and have big plans for the club. They are showing real intent to move the club onwards and Brereton is part of that process! 

Hopefully this all comes off!

There's no point in them being in this unless they want to invest and have big plans. These days there's no reward to foreign owners of being in the Championship, only the Premier League, so lets hope whatever advice they're currently acting on (whether that be the accountants, Pasha's, Mowbray's or others) we can continue to make some sort of progress from it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Some serious backlash from forrest fans,  has there ever been a transfer that the selling owner has seen the backlash and decided at the last minute to stop it? Because forrest fans are seriously fuming haha

I don’t think AK or their board really care. Their fans seem more interested in which replacement is coming in....

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair, after he said the last thing he wanted was to spend big money on one player (as he never thought we would), to WE MUST buy a 19 year old for millions, (because he now thought we would) and if you don’t agree you’re negative - is exactly why he winds the board up !

Havent I already explaining my reasons why we should big on him. 

Would I want that sort of money spent on Grabban or Martin? No I wouldnt. Wages wouldnt fit into our structure. But someone like Brereton or Armstrong wont be on daft wages and fit into our squad and wages wise. Plus going forward we have a good squad with lots of young players mix in with a few experiences players. 

Exciting times going forward

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I understand you trying to keep this a relaxed affair and tbf to you your posts are generally balanced.

However, there’s little doubt where you actually sit in terms of personal preference. You are very quick to jump on anyone who shows any displeasure at the incessant whining and down trodden attitudes which also cause friction. But you seem reticent to step in when the shoe is on the other foot. A few of these have been highlighted and still ignored. Chaddy is always positive and gets a lot of direct and indirect abuse on here. None of which is punished. Appreciate the job you do but a bit of consistency would be great, thanks. 

I don't see that that post of KHod's is actually punishing anyone., he's just giving his opinion.You  continue to divide us into being on one side or the other which I find irritating but no-one is punishing you.

As for Chaddy, he is invariably over-optimistic, often self-contradictory and therefore provokes a response----imo of course.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For claritys sake, what signings would YOU like us to make, positionally, not names, between now and Friday?

Mine would be a striker, pacy winger and centre back.

We got Brereton in the bag so the Striker one in the bag. 

Would like a centre defender and pacey winger in before the deadline but if we dont it wouldnt bother me tbh. We have a big enough squad. Would like to see Travis, Tomlinson and Nuttall go out on loan. Caddis and Hart to leave the club

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If we’re spending the same money then we’re showing the same ambition. The manager obvs didn’t want those players you spoke of. They’d just personal choice I guess?

Yes but there's loads of people all over twitter and Facebook now expressing concern, unease etc. at us spending that amount. They seem quite comfortable with other clubs spending millions every window whilst we feed off the scraps and loans and then the minute we look like spending a few bob (on a player that I'd bet heavily will deliver a financial return in a few years) people are getting their knickers in a twist about it.

E.g. 'Where's the money coming from?' - the answer is from the owners, same as at every club in this league, the difference is other clubs routinely spend such amounts whilst we've not have that luxury over the last 5 years.

No doubt if we were going out signing Grabban for £7 million people would complain about his age and lack of resale value. We get a bright young prospect and some say it's too much of a gamble on a kid etc.

Not sure why anyone is so bothered. It is Venkys money, if they want to trust the manager with it then good for them, I expect they'll eventually make a profit on Dack, Brereton and Armstrong by many millions and they've had much more than £7 million back from good transfer business over the last few years. 

If it works out then happy days, if it doesn't then Venkys will probably repeat the last 4 years and cease providing funds for new players whilst selling a couple to get their cash back. 

Its a refreshing change to be spending a bit for once so I'm not going to get myself worried about what happens if he doesn't work out well for us or what Venkys particular motives are.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2