BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

31 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Both spellings of the word are axeceptable

One is exceptable...from the English language.

Welcome to the Language Window, folks. Due to close as soon as the mods tell us to quit it.

Anyway, I read the Forest forum earlier tonight. Most of them rate him very highly and are very unhappy with the supposed fee. I do think part of this (what they think he should cost) comes from his being from their youth team though, and other youth players having sold or been linked for exorbitant amounts. Seems to make them think all their youth fringe players should command a premium. One of them pointed out that if they were linked with a player with a similar record for a similar fee they wouldn't think it was super cheap. However, highly encouraging how gutted a lot of them are by it. It does make me feel better about the risk. I expected a lot more bitter 'sod it we don't need him' remarks.

• Like 1

If Samuel is going to be set for an extended period in the treatment room. It couldn't hurt to bring in someone until January surely?
Sam Gallagher on loan until January could be an incredibly shrewd move. Especially if we loaned out Nuttall with a recall come January.

Sam Gallagher could offer us a more complete forward option.

44 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

If Samuel is going to be set for an extended period in the treatment room. It couldn't hurt to bring in someone until January surely?
Sam Gallagher on loan until January could be an incredibly shrewd move. Especially if we loaned out Nuttall with a recall come January.

Sam Gallagher could offer us a more complete forward option.

Can't see it. We'd have heard something, a link.

Just now, philipl said:

I am very excited by the Brereton signing.

Should be an ok Championship striker at worst and gives us serious competition for striker places.

Potential campaign changer at best.

TM obvs rates him, the Forest fans in general, are distraught to be losing him and Venkys are splashing the cash on him.   Let’s see what he’s got! 

I really can't see a body else coming in ..maybe a GK possibly if we can find a club who are willing to let one to come in as 2nd or 3rd choice which would allow Fisher to go out on loan ,but with Reed , Brereton and Rodwell (who I think is you C/b) I think that's your lot , it's all about outgoings now imo

At the risk of being called negative  ( again ) I think we've made an expensive mistake signing this lad. I've seen other 19 year old kids have a good game or two against high profile opposition and then fade away. Watching him on the video I just don't think he's the type of striker that we need. He's a lot like Armstrong only bigger.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong because there's a hell of a lot riding on this signing for Rovers. If I'm wrong and the lad leads us up to the top of the table I'll be back to hold my hand up.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Sharpe says that we might see another forward coming in due to the injury to Samuel.

"News of Samuel’s absence could well see #Rovers in the market for another forward before Friday’s loan deadline. Will also have an impact on the possibility of Joe Nuttall leaving on loan, which would have been the ideal scenario."

Edited by Swanson

I still can't believe nobody has got hold of Maddison from Peterborough yet. They've made plans for him not being there, supposedly has a relatively low release clause, can't believe no Championship side has gone for it yet. I expect something will happen on that one this week for him to go somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

At the risk of being called negative  ( again ) I think we've made an expensive mistake signing this lad. I've seen other 19 year old kids have a good game or two against high profile opposition and then fade away. Watching him on the video I just don't think he's the type of striker that we need. He's a lot like Armstrong only bigger.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong because there's a hell of a lot riding on this signing for Rovers. If I'm wrong and the lad leads us up to the top of the table I'll be back to hold my hand up.

Ahh mate. How on earth do you get to passing that judgement without even watching him play? It’s truly bewildering.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I still can't believe nobody has got hold of Maddison from Peterborough yet. They've made plans for him not being there, supposedly has a relatively low release clause, can't believe no Championship side has gone for it yet. I expect something will happen on that one this week for him to go somewhere.

Supposed to be a bell end isn’t he?

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahh mate. How on earth do you get to passing that judgement without even watching him play? It’s truly bewildering.

Same to those thinking he will be a hit.

We are buying potential, and plenty of these signings don’t work out. Tyrone and everyone else obviously hopes it does, but it’s a gamble for the modern day Rovers, if that’s a  ‘negative’ viewpoint, then so be it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Just my gut feeling after watching more years of football than I care to count anymore. I really hope I'm wrong, we need a new striker desperately at the moment. Nuttall is too raw, Samuel and Armstrong are injured, Graham is a 60 minute man unfortunately.

I can't see any point getting into a debate about it now. The lad's coming so that is that. We'll soon see who's right about this one.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He might have been the t**t in the baseball cap and ripped jeans. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Sharpe says that we might see another forward coming in due to the injury to Samuel.

"News of Samuel’s absence could well see #Rovers in the market for another forward before Friday’s loan deadline. Will also have an impact on the possibility of Joe Nuttall leaving on loan, which would have been the ideal scenario."

How many loans are we allowed? Palmer, Reed and soon to be Brereton (albeit with an obligation to buy) so far.

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

How many loans are we allowed? Palmer, Reed and soon to be Brereton (albeit with an obligation to buy) so far.

Allowed as many as you want but can only play 5 at one time. 

Edited by Lee0r

52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan; and

52.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer (which can occur any time during the period of the Temporary Loan Transfer) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season.

In a perfect world it would be nice to have a CH, another backup striker and a winger (though TM probably wont be getting one. A decent keeper as competition for Raya wouldnt go amiss either.

Edited by JacknOry
Dunno why I said Fisher ha ha
  • Like 1