BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

18 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Am i missing something i'm over in South Africa, have we loan to buy Brereton already or still waiting.

I was wondering that, not checked the transfer news for a couple of days and checked last night and was surprised to see the transfer news regarding us was Reed not Brereton.

Strange once again how the cheap loan deal can get done almost overnight  but the major deal which involves spending decent money eventually, can't

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was wondering that, not checked the transfer news for a couple of days and checked last night and was surprised to see the transfer news regarding us was Reed not Brereton.

Strange once again how the cheap loan deal can get done almost overnight  but the major deal which involves spending decent money eventually, can't

It was a bank holiday yesterday. Bank probably couldn't send £6million, crazy I know.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know, who would think a more complicated long term deal involving a hefty fee would take longer? Conspiracy afoot.

• Like 5

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

I know, who would think a more complicated long term deal involving a hefty fee would take longer? Conspiracy afoot.

Very funny. It's not like we've just come up with the move from scratch  in the last 24-48 hours though, its been on the go for three weeks.

1 minute ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Sounds like Samuel has torn his cruciate, he won't be seeing much grass this season.

On SSN it said he was going for a second scan but didn't specify the injury.

Don't wish the lad any harm but wonder if this I'd our Leon Best/Jordan Rhodes moment this season.

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Anybody spotted Brereton having coffee with Arma anywhere this morning? Is he gonna sign today? Reckon Chapman will be here on Friday as the Samuel replacement. 

Do people still want Chapman? Obviously seems like he has potential and is mates with everyone but 12 caps off the bench in League 1 and a questionable injury record doesn't scream 'bring him back please'. Feel like we could do better. No doubting his potential ability but I think we need a more finished article at this point.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes. He's an outstanding player and we lack width. It's an absolute no brainer.

Doubt he'll be coming in though. If TM wanted him he'd have been here long before now.

I think it's also down to Pulis not wanting to let him go without having replacement, to be fair.

40 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Sounds like Samuel has torn his cruciate, he won't be seeing much grass this season.

All the more need for at least one more striker to come in and in adding an unnecessary midfielder to the payroll puts another question mark over the Reed signing. 

Edited by jim mk2