BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Mowbray's putting together a really exciting young side..

Raya: 7 Nothing  to do
Nyambe: 7, Steady, absolute beast, seems to be getting better aerially too
Bell: 7,  got a bright future
Downing: 6, not the most cultured, poor distribution
Grayson: 7,  Slotted in smoothly, very calm and assured- one mistake at the end, but otherwise didn't really notice him- good sign for a defender.
Caddis: 5, Finished, looked a bit out of his depth in my opinion
Travis: 7, steady away, looked like he hurt his shoulder or elbow at the end
Rothwell: 9, is class,  love how he glides forward carrying the ball, well impressed, need to play through him more.
Conway: 6, battling qualities, kept it simple.
Nutall: 6, needs to do a bit more for me, missed a glaring header

Subs:

Palmer: 7 some crisp passing, looks confident
Tomlinson: 6, didn't have time to effect things really
Butterworth: 7.5 Dynamic little player, gets about, direct, links up play, could go on to be a decent player..

I thought we won without ever reeally getting going. I couldn't help but start thinking ahead to what our side could look like with Dack, Rothwell, Palmer, Reed, Brereton, Armstrong- Wow! That's some side Tony's put together there. We should really be looking for play-offs wth that sort of talent on the pitch!

Thanks, appreciated for those of us not there...but wrong thread?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

A guy who carries the ball forwards from midfield !

Just how long is it since we've had one ?   Hope he can stay fit.

Well I'd put Dack in that box, Dunny also, then maybe Berkovic. Tugay had more sense that to run with it too much when passing it was easier. Players who can run with the ball into the last third are a defenders worst nightmare.

Just a pacey winger now and I think we have had a near perfect window. I Wouldn't be against another centre back but I think we have enough there at the moment to get us through to January where we should be able to get Bauer at a cheap price otherwise Charlton lose him for nothing in the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I'd put Dack in that box, Dunny also, then maybe Berkovic. Tugay had more sense that to run with it too much when passing it was easier. Players who can run with the ball into the last third are a defenders worst nightmare.

Dack aside it's been a while then but it's far better to watch and far far more effective than the deep sideways and backwards we've become accustomed to. Big difference in this emerging squad under TM is players taking responsibility and having a go when they are given license to. Team had become just to robotic and predictable but it's getting a fresh look about it now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just a pacey winger now and I think we have had a near perfect window. I Wouldn't be against another centre back but I think we have enough there at the moment to get us through to January where we should be able to get Bauer at a cheap price otherwise Charlton lose him for nothing in the summer. 

Same with another forward/winger for me. Can wait till January because by the time we’ve cycled through our attacking options it will be February!

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Dack aside it's been a while then but it's far better to watch and far far more effective than the deep sideways and backwards we've become accustomed to. Big difference in this emerging squad under TM is players taking responsibility and having a go when they are given license to. Team had become just to robotic and predictable but it's getting a fresh look about it now.

I agree. Players like that are hard to come by in today's game, that's why they command large transfer fees. Would you put Tom Cairney in that league solely going off his performances with Rovers ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Just now, tomphil said:

Only if he picked it up and ran with it .............?

If he could do that he could have been a decent rugby player.

Certainly should be in a sport where the only passing allowed is backwards.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Players like that are hard to come by in today's game, that's why the command large transfer fees. Would you put Tom Cairney in that league solely going off his performances with Rovers ?

Strangely enough I was never a huge fan of TC at Rovers he frustrated me but obviously he wasn't being used properly it seemed Bowyers remit was just to bring on players ready to sell. Playing them out of position to learn different ropes is all part of that I suppose.  Obvious he had quality on the ball but too much hands on hips for me but would love to have seen them try and build a team around him in the middle where he had to be involved all the time not sorting his quiff out every two mins ?

Just now, tomphil said:

Strangely enough I was never a huge fan of TC at Rovers he frustrated me but obviously he wasn't being used properly it seemed Bowyers remit was just to bring on players ready to sell. Playing them out of position to learn different ropes is all part of that I suppose.  Obvious he had quality on the ball but too much hands on hips for me but would love to have seen them try and build a team around him in the middle where he had to be involved all the time not sorting his quiff out every two mins ?

I thought he could have been the new " Berkovic " but every time he played there he seemed to look like he thought the " quarter back " role of directing the team around the field was too much for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That’s some re-writing history.

9 minutes ago, Nonnel40 said:

Bowyer did a very underrated job at Rovers.. We still benefit now in the form of Raya, Lenihan, Nyambe and Corry Evans.

Bowyer should have got his side promoted. He had all the tools but not the managerial nouse.

If anything the job he did was overrated.

• Like 7