BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair, if Boro get a winger, sounds like he'll be allowed to go.  They thought they were getting Bolasie, now possibly Saville.  

That's the hope, alright! I'd love if it happened. A risk, given his injury record, but a very exciting one at that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair, if Boro get a winger, sounds like he'll be allowed to go.  They thought they were getting Bolasie, now possibly Saville.  

Is he a winger?

Thought Saville liked being in the hole.

Seriously though, thought he was CM/no10 so not really Chapman replacement.

I don’t see Chapman coming here yet, maybe see how his season pans out, still young.

Edited by S8 & Blue

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bowyer should have got his side promoted. He had all the tools but not the managerial nouse.

If anything the job he did was overrated.

Is that 'IMO' Stuart?

Don't forget, GB had to carry Rhodes in his 11.. Quite a hinderence he never wanted..

Norwich finding out about that right now..

Edited by Nonnel40

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bowyer should have got his side promoted. He had all the tools but not the managerial nouse.

If anything the job he did was overrated.

I almost put a like on that, but I don't feel it was overrated. I think most fans gauge it just right...he built those tools. Just didn't know how to use them. He deserves credit for steadying the ship and recruiting well. Sadly, he failed to get us at least into the playoffs, which the squad he assembled was definitely capable of.

He did well, but it was past time to let him go. Unfortunately we just replaced him badly. Parallels to Allardyce there really (except Sam should have been kept til season's end and then replaced properly).

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

I almost put a like on that, but I don't feel it was overrated. I think most fans gauge it just right...he built those tools. Just didn't know how to use them. He deserves credit for steadying the ship and recruiting well. Sadly, he failed to get us at least into the playoffs, which the squad he assembled was definitely capable of.

He did well, but it was past time to let him go. Unfortunately we just replaced him badly. Parallels to Allardyce there really (except Sam should have been kept til season's end and then replaced properly).

The choices to replace Sam inc laudrup and jol.. Both been out of work for years having failed miserably..

10 minutes ago, Nonnel40 said:

Is that 'IMO' Stuart?

Don't forget, GB had to carry Rhodes in his 11.. Quite a hinderence he never wanted..

Norwich finding out about that right now..

Was that the season he scored  27 goals in 43 games. Rhodes was never carried. I don't know where this argument has come from but apart from his last season he was brilliant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nonnel40 said:

The choices to replace Sam inc laudrup and jol.. Both been out of work for years having failed miserably..

There was only ever one person earmarked to replace Sam, sadly. Andy Cole wrote an online article before Sam was even fired (might have been before the takeover finalised even) saying a little birdy had told him it was going to happen and an SEM coach was going to get the job full time. Might have some minor details wrong but was along those lines.

• Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

There was only ever one person earmarked to replace Sam, sadly. Andy Cole wrote an online article before Sam was even fired (might have been before the takeover finalised even) saying a little birdy had told him it was going to happen and an SEM coach was going to get the job full time. Might have some minor details wrong but was along those lines.

Sorry.. I should have said the popular choices, amongst our 'fans'..

With us only playing one up front and having Graham, Armstrong and Brereton to choose from...Jerome would be a good addition with his goal record, a another option, but would he start enough to warrant a purchase? I'd think not. Derby paid 1.5 mill for him in Jan I think, and he scored...I want to say 5 in 18 I was reading earlier? Doubt they would release him for nowt, and he is 32. A loan until Jan or all season would work for us, but would it work for Derby unless we threw more money at it than we probably should?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

With us only playing one up front and having Graham, Armstrong and Brereton to choose from...Jerome would be a good addition with his goal record, a another option, but would he start enough to warrant a purchase? I'd think not. Derby paid 1.5 mill for him in Jan I think, and he scored...I want to say 5 in 18 I was reading earlier? Doubt they would release him for nowt, and he is 32. A loan until Jan or all season would work for us, but would it work for Derby unless we threw more money at it than we probably should?

At 32 year old, I'd prefer it just to be a loan.. But then we gave mark Hughes a perm contract at 36 year old and that worked out amazingly overall!

Jerome not involved for derby tonight at all, so I think he'll be off somewhere.

Edited by Nonnel40

22 minutes ago, Nonnel40 said:

At 32 year old, I'd prefer it just to be a loan.. But then we gave mark Hughes a perm contract at 36 year old and that worked out amazingly overall!

Jerome not involved for derby tonight at all, so I think he'll be off somewhere.

Difference is that Hughes was a brilliant player who adapted to a new midfield position late on, and Jerome is a journeyman striker. The only role I'd like him in is as a loan to cover Samuel's injury and to let Nuttall go to a 3rd division team to get games.

• Like 3