BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Somewhat improbably given where we were six weeks ago we actually have got to the point where we have two full XIs of experienced players of mostly decent quality

First XI

---------------------------Raya

Nyambe---Lenihan-----Mulgrew----Bell

------------------Bennett----Evans

--------Armstrong----Dack-------Palmer

--------------------------Graham

Second XI

---------------------------Leut

Reed-------Rodwell-----Downing----Williams

--------------Davenport---- Smallwood

-----Samuel-------Rothwell-------Conway

-------------------------Brereton

Looking at that second XI I would say we need better reserve options than Samuel (Chapman would be ideal) and at least one quality centreback. I'm not convinced by Downing, and Rodwell is a total gamble. Maybe a stronger keeper too, but he has hardly played so difficult to judge. Apart from that it seems a solid squad. So kudos to Tony. Expectations have been upgraded from relegation battlers to comfortable mid table.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray is in full control of transfers. Been saying this since last summer.

Its refreshing how open Mowbray is and how in depth we scouted players. 

@Stuart hasnt Mowbray already explained the Rodwell deal happen? 

To be fair.  Rodwell is one where they clearly haven't followed the protocol for whatever reason. .  TM said in an interview he knows he can play but needs to assess the committment and mental aspect of the player whilst he trains with the first team.  Surely a trial would have established that?

Anyway, tis not the end of the world.

Just now, JHRover said:

That's an insult, he's worth three times that amount.

Would be great if we sign Chapman. Cult hero, good impact sub and could become a very good player down the line. Hope we agree the fee now if his contract is running out or his tribunal fee will be higher come end of the season.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Confident of a deal being done?

You really only realise how much bullshit is written when its a story like this about one of our players who we 100% know is not going to West Brom this week 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You really only realise how much bullshit is written when its a story like this about one of our players who we 100% know is not going to West Brom this week 

Do we? We never know anything with Venkys at the helm

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair.  Rodwell is one where they clearly haven't followed the protocol for whatever reason. .  TM said in an interview he knows he can play but needs to assess the committment and mental aspect of the player whilst he trains with the first team.  Surely a trial would have established that?

Anyway, tis not the end of the world.

It's almost as though he has signed him as a bit of a project/challenge.  He must see something good in the lad and thinks that he has too much talent to waste. I hope he does well and becomes a rock for the club.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

£7mil with add ons...hilarious. Do WBA think we are Newcastle?

Now 2 years ago, with a player 'recovering from a knock' taking longer than expected, I'd have been very nervous!

• Like 1

If, as we suspect, it is total drivel, you do have to wonder who is pushing the button this sort of stuff. I notice it isn't Alan Nixon but another rumour spreader but what is really in it for this lot to constantly come up with these stories about Rovers?

I've not noticed many linking Preston or Bolton players with imminent moves away.

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

It's almost as though he has signed him as a bit of a project/challenge.  He must see something good in the lad and thinks that he has too much talent to waste. I hope he does well and becomes a rock for the club.

Unlike some of the others which we have been linked with and he's said no to because of attitude, this one carries no risks. We can get rid if we need to

Just now, JHRover said:

If, as we suspect, it is total drivel, you do have to wonder who is pushing the button this sort of stuff. I notice it isn't Alan Nixon but another rumour spreader but what is really in it for this lot to constantly come up with these stories about Rovers?

I've not noticed many linking Preston or Bolton players with imminent moves away.

Because they have no one as good as Dack.  Anyway, I wouldn't say our players are linked in the rags less or more than other clubs in the Championship. You just notice it more 

Just now, gumboots said:

Unlike some of the others which we have been linked with and he's said no to because of attitude, this one carries no risks. We can get rid if we need to

Still have to pay him off.  He was on trial at Watford, you would have thought he could have done the same here.  Maybe it has greased a few  palms to get us a player  we really want in ....anyway, I digress.