BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Well done to the club for reacting quickly and clearly.

Wonder how many visits that Sun story on the website will have had. All about the clicks and advertising.

Interesting the line now is hopeful of 'at least one' addition before tomorrow.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Worth noting that his contract expires at the end of the season.
I guess it will be the case of, impress at Rochdale or your time with us is over.

The fact he's going out to Rochdale until his contract expires tells us what we need to know. If he impresses there he won't be getting a new deal here but he might be able to put himself in the shop window rather than being forgotten at Rovers.

Sure he's a nice lad but was always something of an odd signing and never likely to be good enough.

Rovers still looking to add 1 maybe 2 loan signings before the window closes.
Strange thing is I reckon we are still looking at a forward to stand in for Samuel (long term injury), I know the club are nervous about our goalkeeping options should Raya pick up a knock and our center-back options are also still a concern.

Just now, JHRover said:

The fact he's going out to Rochdale until his contract expires tells us what we need to know. If he impresses there he won't be getting a new deal here but he might be able to put himself in the shop window rather than being forgotten at Rovers.

Sure he's a nice lad but was always something of an odd signing and never likely to be good enough.

Why was he never likely to be good enough? He was at the Man U academy first, then the Liverpool one. He must have had something about him. 

I see no reason why, if he is doing well, that we couldn't sign him to an extension at some point this season 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I'd hope not but 100% not selling? I'm not sure

I'd believe anything about Venkys but sell for 7M and then spend 5M of it on a lesser player from Bolton?!!

We have just completed his new contract talks a week or 2 ago!

No, this won't happen.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why was he never likely to be good enough? He was at the Man U academy first, then the Liverpool one. He must have had something about him. 

I see no reason why, if he is doing well, that we couldn't sign him to an extension at some point this season 

He's not good enough. Certainly not for the top end of the Championship which should be our aim.

I'm not quite sure what he was signed for. Yes he's an impressive academy background but that means little in the Football League. By most accounts he'd hardly stood out at Port Vale prior to coming here. When he went to Rochdale last season he played 3 games. Based on what I've seen (admittedly quite limited) there's doubt he's even good enough for League One, never mind the Championship.

I'll eat my hat if Rovers even consider giving him a new deal.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair.  Rodwell is one where they clearly haven't followed the protocol for whatever reason. .  TM said in an interview he knows he can play but needs to assess the committment and mental aspect of the player whilst he trains with the first team.  Surely a trial would have established that?

Anyway, tis not the end of the world.

I think the 1-year contract instead of atrial is our way of saying 'We're happy to commit to you, but you need to earn it for yourself'.

A trial is too non-committal.

• Like 1

Great window so far, 7/8 out of 10. Would love to see a winger, add something a bit different with genuine width (Chapman I’m looking at you). Still nervous at CB, but Williams has always looked better there than at LB in my opinion, but can make peace with waiting until January.

Also encouraging Pulis saying that they’re close to at least 2 last night, i know the George Savile deal is bascially done.  

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Also, going purely off Nixon, Tommy Elphick seems available on loan, an experienced centre half we could do worse than.

Where ever he goes he will expect to be first choice. He would just stay at villa if he was happy picking up a wage and not playing every week.Not a bad player but not better than Lenihan or Mulgrew so don't see him coming here hoping for 1 of them to get injured so he can get a game 

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Where ever he goes he will expect to be first choice. He would just stay at villa if he was happy picking up a wage and not playing every week.Not a bad player but not better than Lenihan or Mulgrew so don't see him coming here hoping for 1 of them to get injured so he can get a game 

True, I think he has the quality to push for a starting spot personally. Especially with Mowbray’s love/desire to occasionally shift to a back 3. But I can certainly make my peace with waiting til January for one like that.

Elphick would be a very good signing and a better option than Mulgrew imo who is always prone to the odd mistake. Not that I don’t rate Mulgrew but he is a converted cb, would like one of our backs to be and out and out defender personally. Not a disaster if we don’t tho.

hart has never been good enough, with all the talk that the team do loads of research on signings I’m not sure what they ever seen in hart worth gambling on