BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

8 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Elphick would be a very good signing and a better option than Mulgrew imo who is always prone to the odd mistake. Not that I don’t rate Mulgrew but he is a converted cb, would like one of our backs to be and out and out defender personally. Not a disaster if we don’t tho.

hart has never been good enough, with all the talk that the team do loads of research on signings I’m not sure what they ever seen in hart worth gambling on

Take that back, go wash your mouth out and then go and take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror

:) 

If you watch how we play, Mulgrew is essentially our quarter back. Every play starts from or goes through him at some point.  He needs a tough, physical ,no nonsense player beside him. I think Lenihan can fill that role 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

One or Both Gallagher and Chapman would Do nicely before window shuts!

Like Gally, and a few weeks ago Armstrong & him would've sounded ideal, but I don't see where he gets in the team now we've signed Brereton.

Chapman on the other hand, would be brilliant & the cherry on top of a great window!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Take that back, go wash your mouth out and then go and take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror

:) 

If you watch how we play, Mulgrew is essentially our quarter back. Every play starts from or goes through him at some point.  He needs a tough, physical ,no nonsense player beside him. I think Lenihan can fill that role 

I like Mulgrew, Christ I grew up in the same village as him and often see him kicking about when he is back home but it’s not to say I can’t see weaknesses. He loses concentration, can get done for pace and at times can get turned too easily. All the reason for making him the def midfielder he played his career elsewhere at. Again not saying I’m unhappy with his name on the team sheet but likely to be his last season here and if an opportunity came by like elphick I would take it personally 

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't see the need for Gallagher now, especially if there is a silly loan fee involved.  Winger and a lanky CB who we can chuck up front if needs require.

Ya, I agree on Gallagher. Chapman would be great. Lets bring back back Chris Samba :) Ah no, he was one of my favourite players when here, but the whole way he left leaves a bad taste. Big Sam used to love lumping him upfront whens needs be. I don't know if Mowbray likes adopting such an approach though. Maybe because we don't really have someone who could do it effectively. I think it was against Spurs once where Allardyce threw Samba upfront, it was a thing of beauty(in my eyes). He won EVERYTHING, defenders couldn't handle him at all. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Pulis' comments about Chapman are weird, he says in one breath that they think highly of him yet in the next he talks of needing pace out wide! Bizarre and not exactly complimentary toward Chapman

Very strange comments, whilst his defensive qualities may be questionable his attacking threats and pace are plain to see.

7 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

Very strange comments, whilst his defensive qualities may be questionable his attacking threats and pace are plain to see.

Before his injuries it was plain to see. Has anyone seen him play since.? Pulis will certainly have seen him so perhaps that’s what he's basing his comments on. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

£7mil with add ons...hilarious. Do WBA think we are Newcastle?

Now 2 years ago, with a player 'recovering from a knock' taking longer than expected, I'd have been very nervous!

Did i not read Mowbray saying in the LET that we have had severals bids in the region of 6/7 million for several players but the clubs would not sell, why would we then try to cash in on say 10m for Bradley, dosent make sense the sun just making stories up.

8 minutes ago, philipl said:

Tomorrow will be really interesting with regards to Harry Chapman.

I'd be miffed if he went on loan elsewhere. 

Also, have you/anyone seen the interview with Michael Owen regarding his frequent injuries and how it affected him? I couldn't help but think of Chapman.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, toogs said:

Before his injuries it was plain to see. Has anyone seen him play since.? Pulis will certainly have seen him so perhaps that’s what he's basing his comments on. 

Seen some snippets of him playing preseason for Boro and tearing it up. Didn’t look like it had affected him mentally.

Gallagher has been out on loan a few times over the last few seasons so maybe he just wants to hang around at Saints and take a chance he might get a few games with them if there is an opening. Perfectly understandable unless his manager tells him otherwise and it might not be a case of just sitting about collecting his money.

1 hour ago, toogs said:

At his age, get some muscle on, learn off Brad how to use his arse - he's got all the skill in the world and we'll have a ready made Dackup.

Just now, Tom said:

For what’s it’s worth Nixon thinks Boro May land Puncheon which may be the deal we need to free up Chapman 

More than happy for these "proven" managers to be signing 30 odd year old "proven" journeyman and we take their quality young prospects. 

Some selfish short-term thinking is working well for us I reckon!

• Like 5