BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

24 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Westwood reckons he’s the dogs bollocks and wants to move, his agent put out rumours of him joining Man City and the like.

The owners obviously batty and won’t let him, but also rumours that another appearance puts him on an improved contract or bonus they can’t afford. Venky’s of the sea.

Not sure we’ve seen enough of the Canadian to write him off personally, and has looked tidy enough for me as a rare backup till Jan if we have to.

CB another story.

Also as an aside, can we start mixing things up a bit?

If some people take “quick”, some “nippy” and some “fast” that would be fantastic...

The term “pacey winger” has lost all meaning I’ve read it so much!

Think we can get by with the Keeper situation.  CB and a wick bastard out wide for me.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Also as an aside, can we start mixing things up a bit?

If some people take “quick”, some “nippy” and some “fast” that would be fantastic...

The term “pacey winger” has lost all meaning I’ve read it so much!

More than happy to use a different synonym. I'd like a "Harry Chapman" winger.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

I notice it isn't Alan Nixon but another rumour spreader but what is really in it for this lot to constantly come up with these stories about Rovers?

I've not noticed many linking Preston or Bolton players with imminent moves away.

Uh, in fairness, that very same article links a Bolton player with an imminent move. To us.

I think we have had a blissfully peaceful summer for speculation of outgoings actually. We have several good assets and yet this recent Dack non-starter tosh is the only speculation I can remember. Except the Graham to Bolton one before he signed his new deal. Even last year, Mulgrew and Lenihan got linked away.

Could easily have had speculation about Mulgrew, Lenihan, more than we had about Graham and Dack, Raya and even Nyambe.

25 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Are you really telling me not take things so seriously and then correcting spelling. It was just a response to your post nothing serious about it. Just conversation

For goodness sake oldgregg86. What is your problem! I was just saying think yourself lucky you have only seen Jack days and beyond. Oh and btw it should read "correct my spelling". Not "correct spelling" as that refers to a wider misspelling from the posters. Don't  take things too seriously!

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

@RovingRover presume at this moment that Mulgrew is the excellent CB, Lenihan very good with the potential to join him under that bracket?

No way can Rodwell be considered serious back up at centre back. Theres already a massive implied gamble in his signing, so we cant consider him automatic adequate back up in a position hes not played in senior football. Not having a go at you btw, just a general point.

Williams has never played right back.

Even if the aim is to mainly have wide players cutting in, sometimes a player who can stretch teams will be a crucial option, very few teams in the league dont have a natural winger amidst their ranks.

And our primary back up to Dack has to be Kasey Palmer. He is a number 10, the only reason he should be accommodated in a wide role is to get him and Dack in the team together.

Don't necessarily disagree with your point about signing a keeper but its a difficult position to fill. Stockdale and Westwood are 2 experienced keepers that arent getting game time but I am not sure why.

Mulgrew's goals covers for some occasional lapses at CB.
Lenihan for me is an excellent CB and still has some growing to do.
Rodwell has apparently been signed as an optional defender. I'm not so sure.
Williams has played some times at RB in Bristol City.

Agree with you on the winger point, but not sure Mowbray will.

I really hope we aren't waiting to see if Frank Fielding is fit to come.

4 minutes ago, ossyian said:

For goodness sake oldgregg86. What is your problem! I was just saying think yourself lucky you have only seen Jack days and beyond. Oh and btw it should read "correct my spelling". Not "correct spelling" as that refers to a wider misspelling from the posters. Don't  take things too seriously!

Punctuation!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ossyian said:

To be fair, you have also used an ! instead of a ? ?

You’ll probably call bullish!t on this but I’ve just been sat in the same restaurant as Steve Waggott. Sat at the table behind me with another gentleman and seemed to be attentive to his phone quite a lot. That could suggest something. Didn’t go over as it’s disrespectful to disturb a meal, but thought I would pass it on!

Edited by JeffRover

4 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

You’ll probably call bullish!t on this but I’ve just been sat in the same restaurant as Steve Waggott. Sat at the table behind me with another gentleman and seemed to be attentive to his phone quite a lot. That could suggest something. Didn’t go over as it’s disrispectful to disturb a meal, but thought I would pass it on!

Is he still there? Go over and tell him that he was brilliant in Phoenix Nights. And as you are leaving shout though the window: “can you hear me now?”

• Like 4