BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

5 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

You’ll probably call bullish!t on this but I’ve just been sat in the same restaurant as Steve Waggott. Sat at the table behind me with another gentleman and seemed to be attentive to his phone quite a lot. That could suggest something. Didn’t go over as it’s disrispectful to disturb a meal, but thought I would pass it on!

Candy Crush - like crack that shit

• Like 2

I do suspect Whittingham, Travis(on loan) and possibly Nuttall(on loan only if we sign Winger or striker tomorrow) 

I think Mowbray will keep Caddis here. 

I still dont think we sign anyone but it would be nice surprise if we did. Clearly we been offered alot of players by clubs and agents. 

The Boro local rag mentions an interesting transfer triangle that could determine our pursuit of Chapman.

Boro want Saville, but Millwall will only sell if they land a replacement.

The replacement Millwall want is Leonard from Sheff U, who will only sell if they get a replacement.

The replacement Sheffield want is Marvin Johnson...from Boro.

Need TM to get them all in a room to sort it out, while he wanders off with Chapman for a bargain fee...

• Like 2

We really have some great attacking options now. Lots of youth, speed and skill. Graham's experience and strength available too. With everyone fit we could field two completely different, handy attacking fours if we manage to add Chapman. You could field:

Graham, Dack behind him, Armstrong and Palmer either side.

Or Brereton, Rothwell behind, Chapman and Bennett either side.

Or any combination of them of course. Although the first one is stronger and more proven, the second would trouble at least half the teams in this league. Even a few injuries shouldn't be too troubling. Conway doesn't have to be anywhere near the starting 11.

Exciting stuff if we get Chapman too. Although he is inevitably going to be the impact sub for now unless injuries hit deep. He's terrifying against tired legs though.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do suspect Whittingham, Travis(on loan) and possibly Nuttall(on loan only if we sign Winger or striker tomorrow) 

I think Mowbray will keep Caddis here. 

I still dont think we sign anyone but it would be nice surprise if we did. Clearly we been offered alot of players by clubs and agents. 

The telegraph saying incomings and outgoings likely today. Sharpe saying could be 2 in

If Chapman comes back I don't think we could have expected much more this window. Maybe Bauer instead of Rodwell but even that sounds a bit ridiculous if TM can get Rodwell playing anywhere near his potential.

Best I've felt about Rovers since the fat greasy one and the one with the dirty tash walked onto the pitch at Ewood wearing those beautiful scarves back in 2010. Big T you are a legend in my eyes. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Getting greedy but be gutted if the Chapman one didn't come off. Can see it being a too little too late situation on that one. 

An echo of my own feelings on the situation. I'm steeling myself for disappointment, but I'll probably turn a cartwheel if it works out.

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I suppose the Chapman one could be looked at again in Jan if it doesn't work out. Clearly a deal that both Rovers and I suspect the player would be happy to do. 

Note to self: Do not spend the entire day on here after the last deadline...

Sage advice. Last time around I was lying on the sofa hitting refresh on my smartphone getting ever more agitated while my two little nephews were wondering why their uncle wasn't picking them up and chasing them around the living room. Felt like a double-ass afterwards. And for what?!

TMI, but I'm bringing em to the park for a kickaround tomorrow. Can't wait. The small lad can be Dacky, the older fella Benno. Given my age, temperment and fitness levels, I'll be Tugay.

Edited by Give 'Em the Axe
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, JeffRover said:

You’ll probably call bullish!t on this but I’ve just been sat in the same restaurant as Steve Waggott. Sat at the table behind me with another gentleman and seemed to be attentive to his phone quite a lot. That could suggest something. Didn’t go over as it’s disrespectful to disturb a meal, but thought I would pass it on!

More importantly, what was he eating?

Edited by K-Hod

If nothing happens re incomings today I would be quite happy, think we've massively exceeded expectations so far and have plenty of options across the park. Yes we could improve further - Chapman being the obvious option - but got to be careful we do not sign too many players and risk upsetting morale by having too many players unhappy at lack of game time.

Re outgoings, Caddis, Gladwin & Whitts can be safely moved on for good hopefully - for their sake and the club's. Buffalo loan, Travis too but I'd also be happy for him to stay and fight for a place.

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I wonder if Bauer is still on. I really can't see Bowyer wanting him to stick around after Bauer's tweet stating that he wasn't going to renew his contract with Charlton next summer, but then you would've thought they'd have cashed out on him in the permanent window.

Get him in January I bet.