BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

11 hours ago, ossyian said:

For goodness sake oldgregg86. What is your problem! I was just saying think yourself lucky you have only seen Jack days and beyond. Oh and btw it should read "correct my spelling". Not "correct spelling" as that refers to a wider misspelling from the posters. Don't  take things too seriously!

? ok. I won't . You've cheeuured me up

Edited by Oldgregg86

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Just seems an odd day to change his picture. God I hate deadline day, it messes with your head!!!!! 

You're not wrong.

My first reaction was to laugh, then I thought about it some more, now I'm worried. Currently looking at Hull's forum & social media just to make sure!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Google "baby tiger"... It can't be. ?

Middlesbrough's crest is also a lion. Could be that. Or maybe he's opening a zoo.

What has my life come to when on the first day of my holiday I am googling baby tigers? Harry Chapman if you are reading this you have some serious explaining to do. 

Got to be realistic about the other side of any Chapman deal.

Pulis has a well-deserved reputation as one of the nastier pieces of work in football management. When he said of Chapman a few days ago "the young man has a few decisions to make" I feared the worse in terms of emotional blackmail etc.

Add Boro doing other deals far more important to them than Chapman today and the little matter of a game at Eland Road this evening.

If Harry turns up at Ewood today, it will only be because he really really wants to be here because I bet the road for him out of the Riverside is mined and covered in razor wire.

9 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I don't think Mowbray was over-complimentary about Chapman during his time here. Chapman is going to have to work damned hard on the defensive side of his game to dislodge our first-teamers, and I just wonder if that's an off-putter for a player like him. Maybe other managers would go a lot easier on him.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray wasn't very complimentary about him in the summer either. Said he'd be on the bench if he came back. But then he said AA wasn't top of his targets list then signed him the week after. 

Bitch is kray kray

Could be reading too much into it, but I think it's a real skill of a leader to know the extent to which you should be praising or criticising your players/staff to get them performing to their maximum & still committed to improving.

Best example in football is probably Brian Clough. If you watch Martin O'Neill interviewed about him even to this day, you can't fail to see how much conflict there is still going on in his head with a mix of admiration, resentment and plenty more besides. What comes across most though is a palpable need to impress the manager, either for his approval, to prove him wrong or a bit of both. And this is all 30+ years after they worked together!

Not saying that Mowbray is especially like Clough, but it's great that he has the confidence to not mollycoddle players in the public eye when they're not even contracted to us, and clearly both Armstrong & Chapman were/are desperate to get back here all the same. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Could be reading too much into it, but I think it's a real skill of a leader to know the extent to which you should be praising or criticising your players/staff to get them performing to their maximum & still committed to improving.

Best example in football is probably Brian Clough. If you watch Martin O'Neill interviewed about him even to this day, you can't fail to see how much conflict there is still going on in his head with a mix of admiration, resentment and plenty more besides. What comes across most though is a palpable need to impress the manager, either for his approval, to prove him wrong or a bit of both. And this is all 30+ years after they worked together!

Not saying that Mowbray is especially like Clough, but it's great that he has the confidence to not mollycoddle players in the public eye when they're not even contracted to us, and clearly both Armstrong & Chapman were/are desperate to get back here all the same. 

Larry Lloyd talks similarly about Clough always making him crave praise, so he'd strive to go that extra step every game. The praise only ever came once (when they won the league title) and it was 'if we won it, you must've played alright this season'.

• Like 1

Does anyone know who we are supposed to be signing today? Reading Mowbray’s comments sounds like there is more than one incoming. 

Im thinking someone for the future... a youngster to develop and someone to cover Samuel... maybe Chapman too.