BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

9 minutes ago, Valois said:

Looks like George Saville is due to have a medical at boro this morning and puncheon deal likely. Would think that would allow HC to sign for us on loan.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16609636.saville-and-puncheon-deals-close-but-middlesbrough-are-set-to-lose-braithwaite/

This should be good news, but actually I'm getting a little concerned. All because of that damned lion cub pic Harry put up! Which feels ridiculous but what an odd day for it.

Thing is, I posted yesterday how there is a transfer triangle with Boro, Millwall, and Sheff U all wanting wingers from each other. One way to cut through that would be if Millwall decided Harry Chapman would suffice as a Saville replacement...

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

This should be good news, but actually I'm getting a little concerned. All because of that damned lion cub pic Harry put up! Which feels ridiculous but what an odd day for it.

Thing is, I posted yesterday how there is a transfer triangle with Boro, Millwall, and Sheff U all wanting wingers from each other. One way to cut through that would be if Millwall decided Harry Chapman would suffice as a Saville replacement...

Might be on to something there. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

But the player does have a say and I’d suggest as long as we’re interested, Chapman will be keen! 

Reading between the lines on Travis. I think Mowbray will only let him go if he is guaranteed to play. As he is so close to breaking through for us, this would make sense. Although I would imagine even without  a clause he would be god enough to make all but maybe 3-4 League 1 teams. Then  again maybe Mowbray only wants him to go to a top 6 side. I can see him going to Portsmouth or Fleetwood, although I would prefer Portsmouth instead of a team managed by that plank Barton 

Just now, islander200 said:

Caddis has been paid off.

Fisher has signed a new deal.

On Chapman England under 20s named their squad today that could have something to do with his pic on Twitter 

Ah - finally another plausible reason - so its back on then!

The earlier article someone posted said that there was interest in both Whittingham and Caddis... why haven't the gone yet then?

Surely it will be a matter of what wage % we will have to pay as we can't be asking for a transfer or loan fee for either?

I'd like to see up to 7 depart today, those two and Gladwin permanent. Nuttall, Tomlinson, Butterworth on loan. Travis I'm happy to keep but if the option is outstanding he will benefit (only till Jan though)

Fisher just signed a new contract, which judging by Roversway if working means he'll be off today too.

Edit: Bye bye Barrel. He actually looked like the only player who knew how to play Mowbrays 3-5-2 formation ?

Edited by Angry_Pirate