BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

With Caddis, do we not think both parties have been trying to get a move for him that suits the player and club.

It hasn't happened so, if we didnt release him today, he is tied at Ewood until January at the latest.

He wants to be playing football at his age. Therefore we've agreed to release him so that he can join a club in the next week or two and doesn't have to move within the transfer windows.

Risky move on his part as he could potentially be unemployed.

Which would suggest we maybe paid him off a bit

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Risky move on his part as he could potentially be unemployed.

Which would suggest we maybe paid him off a bit

Of course we did. We had to pay him ,I would estimate, 30-50% of the last year of his contract. It's in his interest to try and play football for the next 5 years or more. He is only 30 

7 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Have a weird feeling we are going to have a repeat of transfer deadline day.

Hope for two to come in. Time runs out and we hope for one quick one before the end and then end up with nobody.

The noises coming out of Ewood at the moment don't seem very encouraging.

Last thing I heard was that Nuttall might have to wait until January for a loan because of the Samuel injury, which would tend to indicate we won't be bringing in a forward today.

There nothing but silence as this the way the Club does its business these days

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Hahahaha, Rovers fans must be worst for over-reading in to things. The picture was changed Wednesday too.

Oh Christ, that must mean he's going Sheffield Wednesday then. Ffs, this has been a terrible window.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, AAK said:

I would assume that's exactly the case, because if he was released tomorrow he wouldn't be able to sign for anyone until January, if players are released within the transfer window then they can join other clubs as a free agent.

I did wonder why today. Still slightly odd though, could have waited til about 4.30pm to cancel it, in case a loan came in last minute that could save us more. Maybe we just don't want to waste resources pissing about with Caddis at that time when we may have other deals to tie up.

1 minute ago, RoverKyle said:

Just to be an arse and add to the silly Chapman destination debate, Millwall are known as The Lions.

He's always posting pictures of his dog on Instagram, so maybe he's just an animal lover. 

Just to throw a spanner in the works its a tiger maybe he is off to Hull

10 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

He's always posting pictures of his dog on Instagram, so maybe he's just an animal lover. 

Well you say that, but who plays on the Isle of Dogs. You’ve guessed it, Millwall.

So it’s between us and Sheffield Wednesday then.

This’ll be a pay as you play / shop window / nothing to pay before January / try and buy deal with the ball being totally in Millwall’s court if Boro can get their replacement in from Villa or Forest and even then they can pull out at any minute between now and some time in the future if Wednesday and Hull City aren’t happy, which they rarely are.

My money is on Dusty Bin just after 5. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

Just to throw a spanner in the works its a tiger maybe he is off to Hull

Haha fair enough. I haven't seen the image. Just a lot of mentions of big cats. 

By the sounds of Mowbray's comments, he'll either be signing here or staying put if it gets too late in the day or Boro don't sign enough players to warrant him going. 

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There was a limo outside Ewood an hour ago when I was picking Bristol tickets up, not sure who got dropped off but it left empty... 

Make of that what you will ?

Caddis just nipping in for his final wages before off for a night on the tiles !

As much as Chapman would be fantastic, I don't think we're necessarily crying out for another body in that area unless they're of a really high calibre.

Bearing that in mind, I'd be happy for us to focus on Chapman right up until the deadline if possible. If it doesn't come off, c'est la vie. 

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

I still feel it's gonna be a quiet day 

Nonsense. It's all been happening already, with 3 hours to go.

We've paid off a pub player so he can hit the pubs. Given a Fisherman a new contract. Said Travis and Nuttall are going on loan, then said they probably almost certainly aren't but still might be. Heard Samuel won't be able to help us for the season, which we knew last season. And best of all, we've played amateur sleuths and zoologists by deciphering Twitter photos and cross-examining little pussies (not nearly as paedophillic as it sounds).

Hectic.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Middlesbrough's crest is also a lion. Could be that. Or maybe he's opening a zoo.

Surely it's a homage to Rovers' former mascot: Roar the Lion. Clearly a sign he's coming back to Ewood.

Although I did read that said person got arrested on suspicion of some rather nefarious activities ?

• Like 1