BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

From 7 mil to now 15 mil? Found some loose change down the sofa did they? 

Give it an hour and it will be 20+ which would then make me nervous. This would deflate everyone selling him now. 

Most of us know he will be off in the next year or two given his performances - but our first season back in the Championship is not the time to do it. We might even surprise everyone and end up in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if a couple more came in and a couple went out before the deadline. Surely Whittingham will follow Caddis in leaving by mutual consent. Perhaps loans for Fisher and Nuttal if we can get a couple in. 

I reckon we may pull off the chapman deal. 

I think Whittingham and Gladwin will be released from their contracts today. With Fisher going out on loan if we can signed a keeper. Lancashire Telegraph reported today that Nuttall will have to wait until January. So maybe Mowbray has a eye on a player but maybe he injured until October or November time. 

35 minutes ago, roversoutsider said:

Online chatter linking us with Idrissa Sylla of QPR

no thankyou

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

15m bid rejected for Dack. From a proven Rovers source.

Seen that on Twitter and Kamy has posted it aswell., 

Their bid isn't enough and typical of clubs like them who wait till the last minute/day before bidding for players

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Realistically though, we couldn't turn £20 million down, could we? 

Yes. Very realistic - just say no.

Don't see how there is time to resolve a deal as big as that would be anyway, unless they've already tapped up his agent.

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

From 7 mil to now 15 mil? Found some loose change down the sofa did they? 

Give it an hour and it will be 20+ which would then make me nervous. This would deflate everyone selling him now. 

Most of us know he will be off in the next year or two given his performances - but our first season back in the Championship is not the time to do it. We might even surprise everyone and end up in the playoffs.

20 mil bid isn't enough either. 

not for sale. we don't need to sell and we shouldn't either

Rather than talking figures the best way to approach it is this:

Simply not for sale to a non-Premier League club or Burnley. No amount of money or persistency will overcome that.

If one of the other 19 Premier League clubs wants him then we speak to him, and if he's keen to explore it then we start at £15 million.

Golden rule - you don't sell your best players to clubs in the same league you want to finish above. Keep hold of your best players with interest from rivals and you'll improve and become a big player. Roll over and take the money every time a decent player comes through and you become an also-ran who just exists to make up the numbers and coin it in every few years. We did it with Cairney to Fulham and look how that worked out.

Just now, JHRover said:

Rather than talking figures the best way to approach it is this:

Simply not for sale to a non-Premier League club or Burnley. No amount of money or persistency will overcome that.

If one of the other 19 Premier League clubs wants him then we speak to him, and if he's keen to explore it then we start at £15 million.

Golden rule - you don't sell your best players to clubs in the same league you want to finish above. Keep hold of your best players with interest from rivals and you'll improve and become a big player. Roll over and take the money every time a decent player comes through and you become an also-ran who just exists to make up the numbers and coin it in every few years. We did it with Cairney to Fulham and look how that worked out.

Premier League teams can't make signings, they're not part of the loan window experiment. They can only punt players out.

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I fly at 5pm (GMT+1) and land about 6.15 (GMT) and I'm already a nervous flyer :(

Your wallet will be nervous soon after that engagement, Mike. Congrats.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

I reckon this is TM and waggott leaking these stories. Helps them prove their transfer strat of signing young players who increase in value.

Madamme will be sat there in the evil villan chair stroking her cat thinking TM is the man

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's where the money for brereton is coming from. And a nice profit too for Venkys. Jesus, we've only been up.4 games and they are flogging the family jewels again. Lenihan won't last the season. £30m there in them too as the market is...can't miss out on that the greedy feckers 

Absolute crap

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

I reckon this is TM and waggott leaking these stories. Helps them prove their transfer strat of signing young players who increase in value.

Madamme will be sat there in the evil villan chair stroking her cat thinking TM is the man

really? 

Mowbray wouldn't do that at all. The man got more integrity then most people involved in football