BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sharpe has just said on the LT live thingy that we may have more news at Rovers and Stanley and not go anywhere yet.

:) 

Just now, Tom said:

Sharpe confirmed no more business 

:( 

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Anyone in the public eye, that craves attention, that gets things wrong more than he does right all whilst being paid for the pleasure; I don't feel I need to know personally to dislike them.

Also, 1,000,000% seems extreme. 

It's not extreme I have been keeping a close eye on his tweets this summer.

Had Davenport as a buy before it happened.

Tweeted about Armstrong signing before the telegraph,sky sports and ewoodnews on here.

He didn't break the other signings but he didn't claim to either.

Posters are blaming him for selling Dack when it wasn't even him who did the Dack and West Brom story. 

He wrote a story on Leicester being interested in Dack is that that hard to believe.

Chaddy gets a lot of grief for quoting Nixon but Chaddy will be checking multiple news/gossip outlets for Rovers transfer news and will see what I see, usually Nixon is ahead of the pack when it comes to transfers at ewood.

Do I take what he says with a pinch of salt?Most definitely, but he does get stuff right about Rovers

Just now, Stuart said:

So that #@%£head Pulis gets his player and we don’t! ?

Already couldn’t stand that bloke.

Not necessarily, Boro's Gazette haven't confirmed it yet and are still waiting to hear it seems. They haven't even mentioned Saville for hours.

It would suck though if everyone else in the transfer triangle gets it done late and only we miss out.

• Backroom

Crazy how these clubs leave things so late, think we probably did all we could to get Chapman here but Boro struggling didn’t work out for us.

Still surprised we didn’t bring in another first team striker, Nuttall doesn’t currently look like an option 

Edited by Tom

Just now, bluebruce said:

Not necessarily, Boro's Gazette haven't confirmed it yet and are still waiting to hear it seems. They haven't even mentioned Saville for hours.

It would suck though if everyone else in the transfer triangle gets it done late and only we miss out.

You would think the jobsworths at the EFL would see the bigger picture that these stupid artificial transfer windows create these last minute issues.

This is a person’s career at stake!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

shame chapman will rot in the reserves for them 

I hope so (until January). Should reduce his price. If he breaks into their team there is a risk he signs a new deal and falls out of our grasp.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm actually quite interested to understand Nixon's mindset. His unrelenting obsession with linking Rovers players with deadline day moves away to rivals never ends.

How much does he get paid for this sort of stuff? I think I could do his job.

If we were seriously after Chapman we could have got it done this summer. I don't buy all this stuff about needing to wait for Middlesbrough to get people in first. Pulis clearly isn't a massive fan and he hasn't got a new contract there, if we'd have gone in strong early doors they'd have sold him to us. We've left it late and hoped to get it done at the 11th hour and it hasn't happened.

More that Mowbray isn't super keen either, but if we could get a cheap loan deal down we would have done it. I wouldn't say it was a failing leaving it late. 

Super window in general 

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Firstly it wasn't a Nixon story about Dack going to West Brom.It was another sun journalist who did the story yesterday.

Secondly kamy and JB have said they heard from a gpod source that we rejected a 15 million bid for Dack.Nixon has been saying all day Rovers won't deal.

He wrote a story in the sun that we had Rejected the Dack bid?Not sure how that's selling our players?

Nixon has been pushing the Dack one all day and it was he who came up with the £15 million story and suggesting Dack would be open to the move. 

Just about every transfer window (except whilst in league one) Nixon has been pushing 'interest' in our best players. His obsession with Rhodes to X,Y,Z was almost unhealthy.