BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, JHRover said:

Nixon has been pushing the Dack one all day and it was he who came up with the £15 million story and suggesting Dack would be open to the move. 

Just about every transfer window (except whilst in league one) Nixon has been pushing 'interest' in our best players. His obsession with Rhodes to X,Y,Z was almost unhealthy. 

Agree with you on Rhodes.

He has been saying all day that Rovers won't do a deal over the Dack.

I'd imagine Dack would have been open to the move.Would you not if you could double or treble your pay?

5 minutes ago, Igloo5090 said:

If they don’t go up this season surely they are ruined? Otherwise FFP can fuck off

Abraham is only a loan. Won't be too expensive. I don't think their net spending is all that? Can't say I've followed them too closely though.

Just now, islander200 said:

Agree with you on Rhodes.

He has been saying all day that Rovers won't do a deal over the Dack.

I'd imagine Dack would have been open to the move.Would you not if you could double or treble your pay?

Would he have trebled or doubled it though? His new contract here would be say 20,25 grand a week I would reckon 

A good window, just a shame we didn't get a pacey winger in that would have made it a perfect window for me. Surprised that Mowbray appeared to put all his eggs in the Chapman basket as when he was here last year I got the feeling that Mowbray wasn't as big a fan of him as some were.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Abraham is only a loan. Won't be too expensive. I don't think their net spending is all that? Can't say I've followed them too closely though.

They were having to cut back on spending at the start of this window due to FFP before the new investors came in. They don’t seem to have any significant sales. Plus Abraham will cost a bomb with the loan fee and wages! The loan fee for Sam Gallagher put off most clubs so imagine what it’s like for Abraham

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would he have trebled or doubled it though? His new contract here would be say 20,25 grand a week I would reckon 

I doubt he will be on 20 to 25 grand a week to be fair.15 or 16 grand I reckon.

Only rumours but apparently what put us off Gallagher was hid 23 grand per week wage.

If Dack had been a 15 million buy for West  Brom then you would expect him to be amongst their higher earners.

A 15 million buy could easily make the case for a wage of 30k+ per week 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A good window, just a shame we didn't get a pacey winger in that would have made it a perfect window for me. Surprised that Mowbray appeared to put all his eggs in the Chapman basket as when he was here last year I got the feeling that Mowbray wasn't as big a fan of him as some were.

I think it's the opposite of Mowbray putting all his eggs in one basket. We already had a basket full of lovely free range eggs we purchased at Market, Chapman would have just been another nice egg to have. 

No issues with the lads who left, so no bad egg puns 

• Backroom

Is there any benefit to paying off Caddis and Whittingham today?

No issue with them leaving just wondered why wait till today? Assuming it’s just that we couldn’t find someone to take them?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is there any benefit to paying off Caddis and Whittingham today?

No issue with them leaving just wondered why wait till today? Assuming it’s just that we couldn’t find someone to take them?

Probably so they can get new clubs. IIRC you can only sign free transfers between windows who were unattached at the end of the last window.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Probably so they can get new clubs. IIRC you can only sign free transfers between windows who were unattached at the end of the last window.

Well that makes sense 

We’ve certainly put a lot of faith in young players this window. If DG gets injured we’re down to 3 young strikers.

Id have liked Chapman as a wide option - we will have to rely on Conway.

Overall, a decent window and I think we are stronger than end of last season.

• Backroom

Boro confirmed Saville, Millwall fans seem astounded by the price tag! 

Thats Harry probably not even getting on the bench now.

Forest let Brereton and Clough go but didn’t bring in a striker.

Edited by Tom

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Boro still eligable for compensation as he is under 24  so I don't think it possible.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He wouldn't be able to play till January.He would have had to have been released prior to the window closing 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously that would never happen, but we would have to wait until Jan.

ok thanks guys :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It's not extreme I have been keeping a close eye on his tweets this summer.

Had Davenport as a buy before it happened.

Tweeted about Armstrong signing before the telegraph,sky sports and ewoodnews on here.

He didn't break the other signings but he didn't claim to either.

Posters are blaming him for selling Dack when it wasn't even him who did the Dack and West Brom story. 

He wrote a story on Leicester being interested in Dack is that that hard to believe.

Chaddy gets a lot of grief for quoting Nixon but Chaddy will be checking multiple news/gossip outlets for Rovers transfer news and will see what I see, usually Nixon is ahead of the pack when it comes to transfers at ewood.

Do I take what he says with a pinch of salt?Most definitely, but he does get stuff right about Rovers

Fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree. 

Gutted for Chapman, he deserves better than to rot in Boro's u23's. Pulis was irritating enough already what with being a grown man wearing a full tracksuit and baseball cap, grow up. 

• Like 2

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree. 

Gutted for Chapman, he deserves better than to rot in Boro's u23's. Pulis was irritating enough already what with being a grown man wearing a full tracksuit and baseball cap, grow up. 

Yeah hopefully Chapman will be making his way here in January.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't see Travis and Nuttall getting loan moves.

Barring a few injuries it's hard seeing them play much 

• Like 1