BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

• Backroom

One thing you have to say is that the owners have done their part this window, backed the manager to the tune of nearly £10m and didn’t cash in on Dack 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Yeah hopefully Chapman will be making his way here in January.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't see Travis and Nuttall getting loan moves.

Barring a few injuries it's hard seeing them play much 

I dunno. Travis has featured in 4 of our games so far. He could keep ahead of Davenport in the pecking order now. Will surely start all league cup games too and we are going to either get to the semis or possibly even win that :)

Nuttall, ya, hard to see him get a huge amount of time as things stand.

Overall loans would have been best for both alright though. 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Think we just had to prepare for the scenario really. Having Dack, Armstrong, Samuel, Davenport, Gladwin & Williams out with Bennett and Evans playing through knocks..... these things happen.

Edited by CD_93

Just now, Tom said:

One thing you have to say is that the owners have done their part this window, backed the manager to the tune of nearly £10m and didn’t cash in on Dack 

Never!! Ha ha. Ah no, you could say that in isolation alright. It seems things have changed now they have proper football people back in place, as was the case when they bought the club. Anyways, long may it continue. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Never!! Ha ha. Ah no, you could say that in isolation alright. It seems things have changed now they have proper football people back in place, as was the case when they bought the club. Anyways, long may it continue. 

019C0EDC-F1F0-47F0-B89D-FEFA44D13D80.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tom said:

We’ve not actually spent that much this window.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

We’ve not actually spent that much this window.

True 

I suppose you could say the payment of Brereton in January means they have the Dack insurance policy, if we aren’t performing they could get £10m for Dack and recoup it all 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

True 

I suppose you could say the payment of Brereton in January means they have the Dack insurance policy, if we aren’t performing they could get £10m for Dack and recoup it all 

Hegsactly

Just now, Tom said:

Poor Chapman - not on Boro bench tonight and they haven’t even got the new lads in the squad yet 

Obvious he was supposed to be confirmed but paperwork didnt get sent off in time or Pulis sanctioned his move too late. He’ll be here in Jan. 

Wonder if Tony will go after Freeman again

• Backroom

The transfer window was okay in the end but we're still weak for cover in some positions. We'll have to trust Mowbray to manage that.

Don't really get the obsession with Chapman. He had a few good games for us in League 1 but his legs are made of glass and he's never played regularly at this level. Mowbray obviously isn't that keen either or a deal would have been done. It would have been an interesting signing but I'm not heartbroken over missing out on him either. Doesn't seem like anybody else was in for him which maybe says something too. 

The squad we've got should tide us over until January at least. What we lack in quality we make up for in spirit and hard work which should keep things going nicely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Boro confirmed Saville, Millwall fans seem astounded by the price tag! 

Thats Harry probably not even getting on the bench now.

Forest let Brereton and Clough go but didn’t bring in a striker.

Want Gestede I read this morning. Not even on bench tonight. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Yeah hopefully Chapman will be making his way here in January.

I'm a bit disappointed we didn't see Travis and Nuttall getting loan moves.

I can see Travis being involved but we dont want to leave ourselves short. With Samuel being so bad then Nuttall had to stay. Dont want to panic buy. Some decent signings today by clubs. 

54 minutes ago, Tom said:

Poor Chapman - not on Boro bench tonight and they haven’t even got the new lads in the squad yet 

Exactly. Feel for him. Pulis tactics means he never play anyway

51 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Obvious he was supposed to be confirmed but paperwork didnt get sent off in time or Pulis sanctioned his move too late. He’ll be here in Jan. 

Wonder if Tony will go after Freeman again

Mate just text me saying it was close but deal held up by Pulis and Boro lack of winger signing. Noticed they let Johnson out to Sheffield United. 

Very disappointing signing was Whittingham, especially with the god-like outpouring of emotion coming from Cardiff fans when he was first to come here.

In the end it turns out he turned down a one-year deal with tham, got a two-year deal with us but only took part in one season (barely) so essentially got paid two years for one.

I feel like the smart thing to do (although I've only thought of it now, tbf) would have been for ourselves and Boro to set the deal up lock, stock and barrel, and sign it off nice and early today.

But just include a recall and cancellation clause that had to be activated by say 8pm today. Would that fit existing rules, does anybody know?

Then if they didn't sign a replacement today they take him back, if they do then happy days. Suits all parties.

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I think Pulis has been the smart one today. He's held on to something we want, and got what he wanted elsewhere.

No grown man who wears a full tracksuit and baseball cap will ever be deemed as 'smart' in my book.  

I'm just bitter. I really wanted Chapman to be a full-time Rovers player. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

I think Pulis has been the smart one today. He's held on to something we want, and got what he wanted elsewhere.

It doesn't benefit Pulis to hang onto Chapman when he isn't in his plans. If you're suggesting they see us as promotion rivals, well they never had to sell to us at all.

Just been chatting so someone about Mitchel Candlin.
He was astonished that we had managed to sign him. Apparently Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham were all scouting him.
Multiple clubs were going to see how he did over the season.

We have got him for around the £50,000 mark, but it is HEAVY on incentives and could go up massively if he does well.

Good age... Good height... Has also played CAM earlier in his career...

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

No grown man who wears a full tracksuit and baseball cap will ever be deemed as 'smart' in my book.  

I'm just bitter. I really wanted Chapman to be a full-time Rovers player. 

When my daughter turned up to interview him several years ago at Stoke he was very patronising. I've never been a fan since 

6 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Just been chatting so someone about Mitchel Candlin.
He was astonished that we had managed to sign him. Apparently Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham were all scouting him.
Multiple clubs were going to see how he did over the season.

We have got him for around the £50,000 mark, but it is HEAVY on incentives and could go up massively if he does well.

Good age... Good height... Has also played CAM earlier in his career...

Interesting, cheers. Not sure why he is so amazed - if we can spend 7 million on a 19 year old it's a small thing indeed to get an 18 year old for 50k. He clearly isn't close to Brereton's level yet.

Bigger clubs may have been watching him, but even at that price they haven't jumped, so they can't have been bowled over yet. These clubs watch players all over the football pyramid and don't buy the vast majority, even though some of those named love to hoover up tons of young talent and hog them.

Still though, encouraging, and perhaps we have got ourselves a steal by grabbing him now for a small fee instead of watching him another year like those teams. Our u-23s urgently need support anyway now their top scorer from last year is in the senior setup.