BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I feel like the smart thing to do (although I've only thought of it now, tbf) would have been for ourselves and Boro to set the deal up lock, stock and barrel, and sign it off nice and early today.

But just include a recall and cancellation clause that had to be activated by say 8pm today. Would that fit existing rules, does anybody know?

Then if they didn't sign a replacement today they take him back, if they do then happy days. Suits all parties.

I suspect that the issue is who holds the players league registration.

These rules are unnecessarily bureaucratic and simply inflate prices to get deals “over the line”.

Despite Bosman, players are still slaves to football clubs whilst they are under contract. It’s no wonder activation clauses are inserted to avoid clubs doing what Pulis did today.

If clubs have no intention of playing a player then it isn’t all that different to the rule that Bosman fought and won (and yet ended up penniless - but that’s a different story).

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Want Gestede I read this morning. Not even on bench tonight. 

I can see Travis being involved but we dont want to leave ourselves short. With Samuel being so bad then Nuttall had to stay. Dont want to panic buy. Some decent signings today by clubs. 

Exactly. Feel for him. Pulis tactics means he never play anyway

Mate just text me saying it was close but deal held up by Pulis and Boro lack of winger signing. Noticed they let Johnson out to Sheffield United. 

Get what you mean about leaving ourselves short in terms of keeping Nuttall to an extent, especially after Samuels injury, but not Travis, he has mainly played in central midfield, a position in which we signed 3 players yet to be involved that will more than cover that position, and we have Nyambe, Bennett and Reed to cover right back. He isnt needed just to make up the numbers.

Why would any buy be a panic buy? Mowbray has talked about lists, which is why I dont really understand why we didnt resort to an alternative, even if it was a temporary one until Bauer and Chapman become unavailable. Not bringing in a centre back and a winger have made a potentially perfect window, only a good window. 

Dont get where you are coming from at all re Pulis' tactics meaning he will never play. Whilst I would agree with suggestions that Pulis is a bit of a dinosaur, regarding this situation, your comments are blatantly untrue. Firstly, Mowbray only started him once in half a season in a weaker league, and has repeatedly said that he doesnt trust him to start games, so you could argue that he wouldnt play much here.

More pertinently, look at his treatment of Adama Traore. He was a player with so much raw pace and natural ability, but one who was untrustworthy and had failed to nail down a regular place or consistently affect games positively, both at Aston Villa and at Boro prior to Pulis' arrival. Under Pulis' management, he turned into one of the best players in the Championship in quite a short period of time and earnt a big money move to Premier League Wolves. Also, more recently, he has given starts to Lewis Wing, a young wide man similarly through the academy, fact of the matter is part of the reason that Chapman may struggle for game time is because he is one of 3 talented, academy wingers at Pulis' disposal, along with Wing and Tavernier.

My comment earlier was tongue in cheek, but is this mate the same guy that made that stuff up about Kent and Gallagher and you then initially blocked? Or a different one? A lot of people wanting to pretend to be in the know at the moment (this isnt aimed at you btw) that just take what is already public knowledge and put their own spin on it to get attention.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Get what you mean about leaving ourselves short in terms of keeping Nuttall to an extent, especially after Samuels injury, but not Travis, he has mainly played in central midfield, a position in which we signed 3 players yet to be involved that will more than cover that position, and we have Nyambe, Bennett and Reed to cover right back. He isnt needed just to make up the numbers.

Why would any buy be a panic buy? Mowbray has talked about lists, which is why I dont really understand why we didnt resort to an alternative, even if it was a temporary one until Bauer and Chapman become unavailable. Not bringing in a centre back and a winger have made a potentially perfect window, only a good window. 

Dont get where you are coming from at all re Pulis' tactics meaning he will never play. Whilst I would agree with suggestions that Pulis is a bit of a dinosaur, regarding this situation, your comments are blatantly untrue. Firstly, Mowbray only started him once in half a season in a weaker league, and has repeatedly said that he doesnt trust him to start games, so you could argue that he wouldnt play much here.

More pertinently, look at his treatment of Adama Traore. He was a player with so much raw pace and natural ability, but one who was untrustworthy and had failed to nail down a regular place or consistently affect games positively, both at Aston Villa and at Boro prior to Pulis' arrival. Under Pulis' management, he turned into one of the best players in the Championship in quite a short period of time and earnt a big money move to Premier League Wolves. Also, more recently, he has given starts to Lewis Wing, a young wide man similarly through the academy, fact of the matter is part of the reason that Chapman may struggle for game time is because he is one of 3 talented, academy wingers at Pulis' disposal, along with Wing and Tavernier.

My comment earlier was tongue in cheek, but is this mate the same guy that made that stuff up about Kent and Gallagher and you then initially blocked? Or a different one? A lot of people wanting to pretend to be in the know at the moment (this isnt aimed at you btw) that just take what is already public knowledge and put their own spin on it to get attention.

Firstly Nuttall will be needed if Graham gets injured or start to struggle more fitness wise. Plus Samuel out for season and Armstrong just coming back from injury. 

On Travis I feel he will be need this season. I know we have 4 or 5 players who will be playing that position, but we will get injuries and suspensions. 

On my comment of panic buy. My point was no point signing a player who we having scouting properly. If our targets aren't available or clubs messing us around I would rather not taking a risk. We have enough cover till January transfer window. We see clubs messing around with players and their careers or players who rather stay at their clubs collecting a wage instead of playing regular first team football

Chapman will never play under Pulis. Look at tonight attacking options and he didn't even look to bring on one player. I can understand why Braithwaite wanting out. Will Wing or Tavernier even play. 

Yes Mowbray seems to see Chapman as an impact player who can stretch teams in the last 20/30 mins of games. I can understand that. 

Different person but someone who was right about Brereton announcement being at half time the day before we signed him. It would appear Chapman was very close to being here as a signing. The person who told me Kent and Gallagher deals I have ignored him and blocked him. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly Nuttall will be needed if Graham gets injured or start to struggle more fitness wise. Plus Samuel out for season and Armstrong just coming back from injury. 

On Travis I feel he will be need this season. I know we have 4 or 5 players who will be playing that position, but we will get injuries and suspensions. 

On my comment of panic buy. My point was no point signing a player who we having scouting properly. If our targets aren't available or clubs messing us around I would rather not taking a risk. We have enough cover till January transfer window. We see clubs messing around with players and their careers or players who rather stay at their clubs collecting a wage instead of playing regular first team football

Chapman will never play under Pulis. Look at tonight attacking options and he didn't even look to bring on one player. I can understand why Braithwaite wanting out. Will Wing or Tavernier even play. 

Yes Mowbray seems to see Chapman as an impact player who can stretch teams in the last 20/30 mins of games. I can understand that. 

Different person but someone who was right about Brereton announcement being at half time the day before we signed him. It would appear Chapman was very close to being here as a signing. The person who told me Kent and Gallagher deals I have ignored him and blocked him. 

Agreed on Nuttall.

Disagree on Travis. Its counter-productive to keep Travis for such limited game time, Evans, Reed, Smallwood, Davenport, Bennett and Rodwell in central midfield, and Nyambe, Reed and Bennett mean that we have enough reasonable cover in them positions to allow Travis to play week in week out.

I know, but my point was why would it be a panic buy, if Mowbray has lists of various players in said positions?

I acknowledged your point in that I dont like Pulis' style either, but I gave you one strong example of Adama Traore, and also that Lewis Wing has started games this season, but you seem to have refused to acknowledge these facts in preference to mentioning a game tonight which Pulis was clearly happy with a point, a very good point at that. His development of Traore, a winger full of pace yet very little defensive awareness, shows that he is not 100% against the idea of playing pacy, attacking players if they are good enough. And Braithwaite wants to move abroad.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

An extension for some unknown Irish kid but not for a player who played for us season and isn’t wanted by his club?

Indeed. So random. Maybe we just got the paperwork in for it quicker, or the said paperwork was further along.

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Very odd

He's scored 2 in 4 so far this season, it's a very very poor standard though so can't get too giddy about this one! 

It's also odd since the club apparently told Sharpe there'd be no further incomings. Not sure why they'd bother to fib over a deal as small as this one. I can only presume that after being told they couldn't have an extension for Chapman, they figured they wouldn't get one for him either.

Really confused where this one fits in the plan, at his age. More u-23 backup so they don't get run roughshod over and fail to develop perhaps. With the off chance he does well enough to break into the first team fringe.

Edited by bluebruce

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Very odd

He's scored 2 in 4 so far this season, it's a very very poor standard though so can't get too giddy about this one! 

According to soccerbase he made 6 appearances last season and scored 4 times, maybe he has a cracking shot on him or something.

You're right though poor standard.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed on Nuttall.

Disagree on Travis. Its counter-productive to keep Travis for such limited game time, Evans, Reed, Smallwood, Davenport, Bennett and Rodwell in central midfield, and Nyambe, Reed and Bennett mean that we have enough reasonable cover in them positions to allow Travis to play week in week out.

I know, but my point was why would it be a panic buy, if Mowbray has lists of various players in said positions?

I acknowledged your point in that I dont like Pulis' style either, but I gave you one strong example of Adama Traore, and also that Lewis Wing has started games this season, but you seem to have refused to acknowledge these facts in preference to mentioning a game tonight which Pulis was clearly happy with a point, a very good point at that. His development of Traore, a winger full of pace yet very little defensive awareness, shows that he is not 100% against the idea of playing pacy, attacking players if they are good enough. And Braithwaite wants to move abroad.

Davenport isn't fit yet. Rodwell only joined recently. Bennett might have to play wide in some games. 

I have already explained about my panic buy point. if Mowbray's targets aren't available then I would rather wait then risk panic buying. 

Braithwaite still at Boro. His tactics didn't suit his number 9 and he was very isolated all game. Midfielders at no point look to support or get beyond him. Poor that. Traore did very well under him but his current tactics don't support wide players. Fair enough if that his tactics in 5-3-2 system then don't play wide players. Play it long if you want but give your strikers a chance to score from open play with being good at set plays aswell

34 minutes ago, bboy said:

Beat me to it. Intresting at 21 year old you wonder where he fits in.

It's a tactic that's worked for preston the irish league 

what type of player is he? 

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

No grown man who wears a full tracksuit and baseball cap will ever be deemed as 'smart' in my book.  

I'm just bitter. I really wanted Chapman to be a full-time Rovers player. 

How about a Rovers top, tracksuit bottom and Adidas retros? At least  I feel half smart with that. ?. I would have liked Chapman. Hopefully he will be pitching a tent outside Ewood on January 1st. 

Lyons has 17 goals in 94 appearances for Coleraine, who finished 2nd in their league last season and only lost one game. They also won the Irish Cup. He made around 30 appearances that season. So far he has 2 goals in 3 games this season (although the same site thinks we have won 3 out of 5 in the league).

He turned 21 this May and had trials with us, Liverpool, United and Villa when he was 11. Not sure why he wasn't signed up (maybe just that his family didn't want to move at that tender age) as he scored 4 goals in one game for United in his trial.

Edited by bluebruce

5 hours ago, OJRovers said:

We’ve certainly put a lot of faith in young players this window. If DG gets injured we’re down to 3 young strikers.

Id have liked Chapman as a wide option - we will have to rely on Conway.

Overall, a decent window and I think we are stronger than end of last season.

I suppose we couldn't expect to resolve all our issues in one window. TM did say at one point that it could take us 2 or 3.

At the start of the season most fans were saying we wanted first and foremost to stay up. I think the transfer business has made that highly likely, I couldn't imagine us being relegated with this squad.

If we are within sight of Top 6 at Christmas, the January window could push us over the line.

Meanwhile lets see these young lads kick on!

• Like 3