BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

An extension for some unknown Irish kid but not for a player who played for us season and isn’t wanted by his club?

Lyons looked very good when he played against Kendal last month.  Would be a natural replacement for Hardcastle at Under-23 level.

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Lyons looked very good when he played against Kendal last month.  Would be a natural replacement for Hardcastle at Under-23 level.

Maybe so but that has nothing to do with the point I was making.

However, he played well against Kendall? I would hope he did!

Unless he is a wonder kid, he is going to have a baptism of fire in this season’s U23s. It would have been a step up for last season’s squad. Taking out our best youngsters just made it that bit harder.

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Did we actually sign this Lyons guy? Can't see anything on the Rovers website

Starting to wonder. No sign of new articles online this morning. LT haven't picked it up. Last night I just figured Sharpe was asleep and they'd add it some time in the morning. Maybe details are still waiting to be ironed out, and it obviously isn't a major deal so no rush I guess.

Would assume if we don't hear more about it at some point today, that it isn't real or was actually submitted too late.

10 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Out of interest, are you scouting for the club these days?

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has ParsonBlue been a scout in the past for Rovers?

Don’t know. He does have other (indirect) Rovers interests as we know but it was a genuine question.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, JayDee said:

Is there a window for signing players for the U23s? I'm not sure there is so he could sign but not be permitted to be named in a first team squad until January. 

I don’t think the window applies to the development squad. We signed Simmons towards the end of last season. Don’t remember that being January.

27 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'm confused. So has Lyons signed, is signing or deal off and what's the Chapman connection ?

There's been no noise since. I am presuming one of the following...

1) Didn't happen, either by being nonsense or broke down.

2) Still rattling on and isn't finalised.

3) Nobody cares enough to report it getting finished.

Bit odd if it is 3, as we got reports of an 18 yr old for the development squad. A 21 year old for the development squad would presumably be closer to the first team, otherwise why bother at all?

Not sure what you mean by Chapman connection.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Bit odd if it is 3, as we got reports of an 18 yr old for the development squad. A 21 year old for the development squad would presumably be closer to the first team, otherwise why bother at all?

Rich Sharpe has suggested that he will be publishing a story tomorrow in the LT on his twitter feed, and that there is a chance of it going through.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I thought chapman had changed his profile picture to a lion because lyons had come to rovers . I think I've skim read this in early hours and got mixed up lol. 

Coleraine midfielder Brad Lyons could still make a move to Ewood Park, with Rovers waiting to see if the deal for the 21-year-old is sanctioned by the Football League.

Rovers submitted the paperwork on Friday and are still waiting for approval for the Northern Irishman who would join on loan with a view to a five-figure permanent move.

On the failure to add to his squad on the final day of the loan window, Mowbray added: “I was pretty relaxed about everything really.

“I don’t want to talk about specifics but there was one player we were trying to add who the fans know about.

“It was a frustrating day for him really. They didn’t get the incomings they wanted and it’s a shame as it was a done deal pretty much and yet it didn’t happen because they probably got frustrated.”

28 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Coleraine midfielder Brad Lyons could still make a move to Ewood Park, with Rovers waiting to see if the deal for the 21-year-old is sanctioned by the Football League.

Rovers submitted the paperwork on Friday and are still waiting for approval for the Northern Irishman who would join on loan with a view to a five-figure permanent move.

On the failure to add to his squad on the final day of the loan window, Mowbray added: “I was pretty relaxed about everything really.

“I don’t want to talk about specifics but there was one player we were trying to add who the fans know about.

“It was a frustrating day for him really. They didn’t get the incomings they wanted and it’s a shame as it was a done deal pretty much and yet it didn’t happen because they probably got frustrated.”

Reading between the lines, that sounds as though Chapman will be joining in January. Obviously providing that Boro sign the necessary replacements.

18 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Reading between the lines, that sounds as though Chapman will be joining in January. Obviously providing that Boro sign the necessary replacements.

Think the fact he is probably sitting on Boro’s bench for 3 months probably means we will get him on a permanent in Jan, as long as we ain’t near the bottom! 

• Like 2