BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

What TM is looking to do is sign Grahams long term replacement. He's looking for a strong powerful centre forward who is useful in the air and can hold up the ball. 

I think Breton was TM's target as he has the physical attributes and he clearly has a lot of potential. If he had got a year under grahams guidance it would of done him the world of good and would of gone a long way to helping us be ready to potentially lead the line for us next season in our attempt to challenge for the playoffs. So it's a shame we didn't get him in.  Either way we failed to make a marque signing, a player who could improve our team for the next couple of years. So, as I think TM has recognised in his recent comments, the permanent window has been more of a failure than a success. 

In regards to some of our targets such as Bauer and Chapman, I think we will wait until Jan and get them on reduced fees. 

If you judge the players by their time here in the past Gestede wins hand over fist from Gallagher , however he does need quality service to get the best out of him and we just don't have that quality delivery from wide areas just yet , would Chapman change that ???  , would Maddison ?? 

Plus I think Gallagher is cursed .. 2 relegation in 2 years , us and MK Dons , and nearly Made it 3 last year with Birmingham ???

Edited by AJW

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The thing about Wickham is that he is only 25. He would be an interesting option as a target man, with Dack, Palmer and Armstrong feeding off hold up balls and knock ons 

He will only be coming on loan thought,there won't be an option to buy and he hasn't been fit in two years.

I guess if any truth to this Wickham link it means a striker will be coming in just on loan with no option.

Just now, islander200 said:

Pretty obvious really he is on 50 or 60 k a week at palace. Do you think we can afford that on top of a transfer fee?

Besides Palace are loaning him out to try get him fit.

Is he on that much?? I would say he could be an interesting option, but Gallagher or Brearton may be first choices on loan to buy deals. 

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is he on that much?? I would say he could be an interesting option, but Gallagher or Brearton may be first choices on loan to buy deals. 

He hasn't been fit in 2 years though ,And was always breaking down and injured before that.I would avoid Wickham and hopefully it's just Nixon talking shit.

Yeah sure i read he is on big money he was a big signing for Palace at the time.

In any case he wouldn't be signing for anyone for anything less than 30...too injury prone to be paying those sort of wages 

So if Wickham does come In I suspect it will be loans with no view,even Mowbray's comments yesterday about short term loans suggest that.

Edited by islander200

Just now, islander200 said:

He hasn't been fit in 2 years though ,And was always breaking down and injured before that.I would avoid Wickham and hopefully it's just Nixon talking shit.

Yeah sure i read he is on big money he was a big signing for Palace at the time.

In any case he wouldn't be signing for anyone for anything less than 30...too injury prone to be paying those sort of fees.

So if Wickham does come In I suspect it will be loans with no view,even Mowbray's comments yesterday about short term loans suggest that.

Less than 30 million? Wickham has a lot to prove. His goal record is bad. I think they championship he may be worth a punt , but I would also like another more prolific striker. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Less than 30 million? Wickham has a lot to prove. His goal record is bad. I think they championship he may be worth a punt , but I would also like another more prolific striker. 

Genuine question - which prolific strikers are going to be available on loan? It is going to be an unproven or journey man.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It's a fair point but to me it comes back to wages, JW had to overpay to get and keep some good players in the Prem and since then us being able or prepared to pay beyond our means has been both beneficial when done correctly by the right people and our undoing when not.

TM & Waggot will learn that persuading some players here will take matching a wage they can get at maybe a less illustrious club and money wins all day in football.  Their labours will continue to prove fruitless unless they have a bit of room to move in that dept.

Really should start by getting rid of non contributers and loaning out those who you might be able to better for now like the Samuels and Nuttals it might be the only way to build.

The trouble with getting rid of the " non contributors " is that other teams know they contribute very little.

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

What TM is looking to do is sign Grahams long term replacement. He's looking for a strong powerful centre forward who is useful in the air and can hold up the ball. 

I think Breton was TM's target as he has the physical attributes and he clearly has a lot of potential. If he had got a year under grahams guidance it would of done him the world of good and would of gone a long way to helping us be ready to potentially lead the line for us next season in our attempt to challenge for the playoffs. So it's a shame we didn't get him in.  Either way we failed to make a marque signing, a player who could improve our team for the next couple of years. So, as I think TM has recognised in his recent comments, the permanent window has been more of a failure than a success. 

In regards to some of our targets such as Bauer and Chapman, I think we will wait until Jan and get them on reduced fees. 

Let's hope Jan isn't too late.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The trouble with getting rid of the " non contributors " is that other teams know they contribute very little.

True although they've had lots of calls for Nuttall according to TM and someone like Whittingham would surely attract a bit of interest lower down the scale ?  Carrying him is pointless and his 8k pwk could certainly be put to better use I think.

16 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

This sounds more likely to me than Wickham. There's no way we could afford Wickhams wages, probably could only manage around a third at most.

Palace probably aren't worried about his wages being paid by the another club they probably just want him to go out on loan and get some game time.