BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Just now, Red said:

Further to this story, our local reporter (Paul Taylor of the Nottingham Evening Post) has just stated in a live blog that the £6m bid never actually happened and it was Alan Nixon doing his usual business on behalf of agents.  However he said we did reject a bid worth £10m from an unnamed Prem club on deadline day, which was rejected.  He has also gone on to say that Blackburn do have genuine interest, but he does not know how high Rovers are willing to go.

So to all those who have a dig at those saying we dont have any money and its all smoke screens, there you go, we DID NOT make a bid, we may have interest, but HAVE NOT made a bid. It's all nonsense.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean we don't have money though, that means that Nixon is full of shit as usual and doing his bit for his pals. 

I don't actually think we do have much more than 4 or 5 million to spend however Nixon lying about something doesn't then make other theories true, it just makes Nixon a liar. 

3 minutes ago, AAK said:

So to all those who have a dig at those saying we dont have any money and its all smoke screens, there you go, we DID NOT make a bid, we may have interest, but HAVE NOT made a bid. It's all nonsense.

It is all smoke screens and misdirection. Surprised some people are still under the belief we were ever willing to spend more than 4/5 on a player. 

£12-£14m for Brereton is never going to happen. Would be surprised if it’s more than £8m including add-ons, which is probably still way too much for “potential” in the championship. 

Reading through the list of the top 10 most expensive championship signings, it’s hard to justify such a high transfer fee

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-10-most-expensive-championship-players-ever-neves-carvalho-ritchie/

I think it all goes back to the Neymar deal, it has had a huge knock-on effect.

We've actually got two more crazy deals in the pipeline.  Goncalves on loan from Benfica has an agreement to make the deal permanent at Forest's disposal for £15m, 3x £5m instalments.  Dias on loan from Monaco has a similar deal for closer to £17m.  It's all gone mad.  No rhyme nor reason. 

4 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

That doesn't mean we don't have money though, that means that Nixon is full of shit as usual and doing his bit for his pals. 

I don't actually think we do have much more than 4 or 5 million to spend however Nixon lying about something doesn't then make other theories true, it just makes Nixon a liar. 

Sharpe was making out as though a bid had been lodged as well to be fair. If we had that amount of money, it would have been spent, we wouldn't be dragging our feet in the loan window scraping for deals, it's classic Rovers under venkys it seems.

Edited by AAK

Nixon saying Forest hired an agent just before deadline day to sell this kid stinks of nothing more than Nixon trying to get something going on behalf of his agent connections but as usual laying the blame elsewhere.

Remember what Freedman said when the bullshitter was trying his best to unsettle Rhodes linking him to skint Bolton & Wigan because we couldn't afford the last instalment on him or his wages ?

'I don't know where this fella gets his info from but it's rubbish' or words to that effect.

The man is was and always has been an agents puppet.

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Sharpe was making out as though a bid had been lodged as well to be fair.

I'm not sure Sharpe knows a great deal other than what he gleams from other journalists and on here to be honest, can't fault him for what he gets out of TM for the weekend fixtures but I don't think he's got the connections on transfers.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago Mowbray was quoted as saying something along the lines of "we are interested in players, but then you get other teams coming in bidding 5,6,7 million, we can't spend that kind of money" then all of a sudden we are led to believe that we've bid upto £8mil on Brereton, £4mil on freeman and are still after Bauer, followed by us signing a free agent. Just doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Nixon saying Forest hired an agent just before deadline day to sell this kid stinks of nothing more than Nixon trying to get something going on behalf of his agent connections but as usual laying the blame elsewhere.

Remember what Freedman said when the bullshitter was trying his best to unsettle Rhodes linking him to skint Bolton & Wigan because we couldn't afford the last instalment on him or his wages ?

'I don't know where this fella gets his info from but it's rubbish' or words to that effect.

The man is was and always has been an agents puppet.

Yeah, then the Venkies have injected more due to killing more chickens or words to that effect. Probably needed a cover story for our supposed big bid.

I dont know what to believe anymore. One thing is certain, I highly doubt we have the 8/10/12 million that keeps getting thrown around. 5 mil tops i would imagine.

• Like 1

The full answer to Forest’ fans questions about Brereton. Something doesn’t add up as it wasn’t nixon who broke the story, it was Sky Sports, Nixon i remember on deadline day initially dismissed the story as nonsense before doing a typical u-turn and deleting the tweet.

The nottingham post also ran the story initially, saying they had received bids from us, so it appears nobody really knows what’s going on?

2DAE253F-3CFC-4C27-81B4-252BF8A9497A.png

AEE45942-21EB-47FD-95BB-01D6332D7B94.png

5065657F-C0F3-4087-A716-A75A73ED2E10.png

I don't think us signing a free agent means a great deal to be honest, I think it's more a case of an opportunity has arisen to sign a player who has had a rough 18 months or so but could go on to be fantastic for a fairly minimal outlay, the fact he is a free agent means nothing to me to bonest.

2 minutes ago, AAK said:

A couple of months ago Mowbray was quoted as saying something along the lines of "we are interested in players, but then you get other teams coming in bidding 5,6,7 million, we can't spend that kind of money" then all of a sudden we are led to believe that we've bid upto £8mil on Brereton, £4mil on freeman and are still after Bauer, followed by us signing a free agent. Just doesn't make any sense.

It does if you reduce the number of players coming in, or quality to rework saved wages and transfer fee into a singular transfer fee for one player.

1 hour ago, Red said:

Hey guys, not sure how you receive opposition fans, so could be my first and last post... 

I'm a Forest fan.  Just came along to see your thoughts on Ben Brereton.

Allegedly Jim Whyte of SSN has said today on TalkSport you're now willing to pay up to £14m for Brereton and are confident of it being done this week.

So thought i'd give you my thoughts on BB.

He's a very mature player for 19yrs.  He's a strong lad, he is a very willing runner and his movement gives centre-backs a tough time.  He is much better centrally than out wide (can also play wide in a 3) where he moves into channels to win balls and drags players out of position.  He is not afraid to go up against defenders and can beat them when facing them up.  He is also very good at picking the ball up a bit deeper and driving at defenders, cutting inside/outside and going past them.  His movement finds him in good positions to score. He's not particularly fast, but the way he likes to run at people means he is usually facing them up so he knocks it by them and goes, he moves as quickly with the ball than without it. In a straight sprint off the ball he's not the quickest. But he loves to run with the ball at defenders.

What he needs to develop still.. Is his finishing/composure.  He was our main man the second half of last season and the pressure didn't help him as a then 18yr old. He missed quite a few very good chances where he seemed to lose his composure.  He has previously scored a lot of goals at youth level with calm finishes, but he couldn't really get it together at first team level yet.  He also struggles with his back to goal, he's not mastered his first touch yet with someone up his backside, and it can bounce off him, or he tries to win a lot of free kicks and gets in some trouble for diving.  I think it's just a bit of naivety and if he can learn to not get occupied with a battle with stronger players, he can focus on winning the ball more than beating the man.   

In the main, I think most Forest fans would be sad to see him go, because he is a talented young lad who can come off the bench and change the dynamic of a game.  Not sure he's totally ready to be the leading man just yet, as he has some important parts of the game to learn, but he sure has the potential to be a very good no.9 with development.  Not sure he's ever going to be a 20+ goal man, but he can contribute more than just that.  

In terms of a fee, we don't sell too cheaply nowadays.  It's been mentioned we won't accept less than £12m.  Which is probably right, wouldn't expect it to be all up front, but if he goes you can expect it to be a deal worth over 8 digits in total, with a sell-on included.   Not sure what your financial situation is, or how true Jim Whyte's £14m rumour is.  But we do currently hold the record for biggest fee between Champ clubs (£15m for Assombalonga to Boro & biggest teen received fee £13m for Burke - that was too cheap too as Fawaz was desperate to recoup a fee all up front).

I think whilst he'd cost quite a bit for what he has done in the game so far, he does have potential and he could be someone who'd be a great foil for Bradley Dack, as he moves defenders around very well when on song, which could earn Dack some more space.

Be interesting to see how it all plays out none-the-less ! 

Oppo fans always welcome (unless you are of the 6 fingered variety).  Many thanks for the informative post.

So to summarise: He has a poor touch, can't finish clinically, no pace and can't play with his back to goal.    Despite that he's a good 'un?

In all seriousness I would be amazed if we spent anything like that amount - on anybody. He seems a decent prospect but we need a replacement for Danny Graham, who is great with his back to goal. 

Ah well - we'll see how it pans out!  Good luck for the rest of the season.