BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Look at the striker we have up front today and the bench.  I challenge anyone to convince me this has been a good window.

It hasn’t closed yet!? Palmer, Rothwell and Armstrong started well. Davenport injured and Rodwell just signed but both potentially very good. 

Lets see if the Brereton signing goes through as expected along with another cash buy plus Harrison Reed.

finally, the second half vs Reading and today’s result against Brentford add credibility to TM’s insistence on good characters. Those characters made the difference during difficult times as they always do!! 

• Like 2

Look at the striker we have up front today and the bench.  I challenge anyone to convince me this has been a good window.

True we only won 1-0 what a blow. There is no way to say whether the widow has been good or bad until there are results on the board. So far I would say it's been good.

Edited by rigger

Just now, rigger said:

True we only won 1-0 what a blow.

We won  1-0 but have Raya to thank.  How many times  did we threaten their keeper?  We have a  team of grafters  who never stop running...but we desperately need more quality in the top  half.  Open league this year.  Get 2-3 quality players in, then who knows.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We won  1-0 but have Raya to thank.  How many times  did we threaten their keeper?  We have a  team of grafters  who never stop running...but we desperately need more quality in the top  half.  Open league this year.  Get 2-3 quality players in, then who knows.

there isn't a column for threatening keepers, the main one is goals for and against. Rayas job is to stop goals, this he did. It's no more than I would expect. 

I'm scared of going against the grain and holding my hand up and saying I think it has been. Rothwell looks to be speedy, effective and tenacious, Armstrong has proven himself here and I have no doubt he'll score quite a few, Palmer looks busy, classy and has a cutting edge, Rodwell is a gamble we can't lose on,  I'm looking forward to seeing Davenport seeing as he is supposedly the better of him and Rothwell...and there's still time for more.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Really would be nice to top the day off with Brereton confirmed by tonight. Got a funny feeling that it’s done but they will want to do some ott media twitter jazz to announce it. Just let us enjoy this moment and announce 

no, i think terms might be agreed ect but im im certain he hasent done is medical yet mate, would be awesome having him announced what a buzz that would make

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'm scared of going against the grain and holding my hand up and saying I think it has been. Rothwell looks to be speedy, effective and tenacious, Armstrong has proven himself here and I have no doubt he'll score quite a few, Palmer looks busy, classy and has a cutting edge, Rodwell is a gamble we can't lose on,  I'm looking forward to seeing Davenport seeing as he is supposedly the better of him and Rothwell...and there's still time for more.

But we've needed more since the end of last season.  Got out of jail today. Let's hope we full our boots next week and really kick on.

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

dont think we need this harrison reed though would like a wideman or two , or another striker,   evans is looking immense and i would like bennet in the centre and travis rodwell to cover the midfield with rodwell covering cb aswell

Having a couple of injuries and then looking at the bench shows that we are lacking in numbers.

I still hope Reed comes in as an option.

I can't help but feel we could do with a backup attack minded midfielder to compensate if Dack picks up an injury.

Just now, RovingRover said:

Having a couple of injuries and then looking at the bench shows that we are lacking in numbers.

I still hope Reed comes in as an option.

I can't help but feel we could do with a backup attack minded midfielder to compensate if Dack picks up an injury.

fair point yeah, they do say reed is highly regarding or was at southampton. might be an alright addition

Looking at that squad today and we definitely need more than 1 or 2 this week. Excellent spirit but goes without saying that quality wise weve not got enough. Hart, Nuttall and Caddis shouldnt be near our squad, and I think Travis could do with a loan spell too.

Obviously, Dack, Armstrong, Williams, Davenport and Rodwell come into play but we need more than just Brereton. In central midfield someone like Reed would be a wise move, we have Smallwood and Davenport as squad players and Rodwell as a total gamble, with Evans prone to injury and Bennett filling in here there and everywhere. We definitely need a first team quality player in there. 

We also need a pacy winger, plenty of 10s but no out and out wingers. And we dont have quality if Mulgrew and Lenihan are out at centre back, Downing aa 4th choice is fine but I dont think hes good enough to play too many games, and we certainly shouldnt consider a player whose barely played for years, whose had success ages ago solely in midfield and someone who isnt even nearly fit can be centre back cover. So 4 needed really.

• Like 2

Spoke to someone after the game,and no not the groundsman uncles brother,but someone who is actually involved in the transfers,and he said the latest is the lad from Forest is pretty certain,Reed from Southampton, still hopeful of signing him as well,asked about Chapman and he said Pulis doesn’t want to sell him,possibly change if they sign someone else,T M asked  about him last night up at Boro.

• Like 2

If we land Brereton, along with Armstrong, Palmer, Rodwell, Davenport and Rothwell we have a really good 1st team and this window can be considered a success, every one of those mentioned above has the potential of improving our squad.  One of the key things this window was keeping hold of dack he is our star man and we still have him, we'd all be writing off this season if a a newly promoted prem team took a gamble on him.  We have also done it without massively  breaking the bank, i know its too early to say but i do believe if things continue the way they are in the dressing room then we have an outside chance of the playoffs and if we get there we all know anything can happen. 

We have a lot of goals in this team and at full strength we are arguably one of the strongest teams in the devision, dack will give us at least 15 this season, Armstrong 15 Graham 10, and once mulgrew gets going with his free kicks another 10 from him, we all need to have faith and watch the talent we have grow.

In Mowbray we trust!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Come on mate, we have quality just been unlucky with injuries. Once Brereton comes in we have Arma, Graham and Brereton all to pick from which are all capable. 

About your post about it not being a good window. Considering Palmer scored today and has looked good, Rothwell looking like our best player, pulling Newcastle's pants down for Armstrong, Davenport still to come through... I'd say that's a pretty decent window. That's not accounting for Brereton and Reed who still might come in and Rodwell who could go either way. 

Chin up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Come on mate, we have quality just been unlucky with injuries. Once Brereton comes in we have Arma, Graham and Brereton all to pick from which are all capable. 

About your post about it not being a good window. Considering Palmer scored today and has looked good, Rothwell looking like our best player, pulling Newcastle's pants down for Armstrong, Davenport still to come through... I'd say that's a pretty decent window. That's not accounting for Brereton and Reed who still might come in and Rodwell who could go either way. 

Chin up. 

aswell as another cash buy and loan they are speaking about and we will have enough cover and quality to probaly finish top half! :D

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Looking at that squad today and we definitely need more than 1 or 2 this week. Excellent spirit but goes without saying that quality wise weve not got enough. Hart, Nuttall and Caddis shouldnt be near our squad, and I think Travis could do with a loan spell too.

Obviously, Dack, Armstrong, Williams, Davenport and Rodwell come into play but we need more than just Brereton. In central midfield someone like Reed would be a wise move, we have Smallwood and Davenport as squad players and Rodwell as a total gamble, with Evans prone to injury and Bennett filling in here there and everywhere. We definitely need a first team quality player in there. 

We also need a pacy winger, plenty of 10s but no out and out wingers. And we dont have quality if Mulgrew and Lenihan are out at centre back, Downing aa 4th choice is fine but I dont think hes good enough to play too many games, and we certainly shouldnt consider a player whose barely played for years, whose had success ages ago solely in midfield and someone who isnt even nearly fit can be centre back cover. So 4 needed really.

I wonder where Rodwell will play tbh? 

We need a striker in, winger and either centre back or centre midfielder. I think we get the striker and possible Reed

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Spoke to someone after the game,and no not the groundsman uncles brother,but someone who is actually involved in the transfers,and he said the latest is the lad from Forest is pretty certain,Reed from Southampton, still hopeful of signing him as well,asked about Chapman and he said Pulis doesn’t want to sell him,possibly change if they sign someone else,T M asked  about him last night up at Boro.

Thanks for sharing unsall. 

Was anyone there players wise? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wonder where Rodwell will play tbh? 

We need a striker in, winger and either centre back or centre midfielder. I think we get the striker and possible Reed

Thanks for sharing unsall. 

Was anyone there players wise? 

Nowhere any time soon due to lack of fitness. But hes a gamble and a "low cost" one apparently. We cant rely on him to be anything other than a bonus considering his unavailability in the near future and his disastrous recent history.

We still need a centre back AND a central midfielder really. We dont have any proven, quality back up for 2 centre backs who have been prone to injury.

We also need a central midfielder. As said prior, Smallwood is no better than a squad player, Evans is good enough but prone to injury, Bennetts versatility means he may be needed elsewhere, Davenports only young and Rodwells a total gamble. We need someone who is first team quality.

Id like to see some outgoings to. Travis, Nuttall and Tomlinson all need regular football in the lower divisions.

Get these 4 players in and youd have to say we shouldnt be near the bottom and we can push on 

• Like 1