BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It doesnt make any sense or have any logic at all to it.

If you consider Rodwell to be a midfielder, then surely you think we still need a centre back? A third choice centre back good enough to push the 2 we have, one thats much bettter than Downing who is League 1 quality.

I agree that he should be considered a midfielder, thats where hes played all his life, and even in there he can be considered another option, not someone we can rely upon for various reasons, his performances for quite a while now, his mental questions, his fitness and his injuries all mean we can count upon.

If Mowbray plans to use him as a centre back which I dont think hes quoted as saying, I may be wrong, then he cant have been signed as the main back up there or we are in trouble, as the position at the moment is unknown to him, aswell as all the reasons listed above. 

In my opinion, the reason that you arent suggesting that we need a defender anymore, even though you was last week and we havent signed one, is because you dont think Mowbray will sign one, rather than because you dont think we need one.

My point about a wide man was you could stick one in either wide role in our formation and he would give us a new dimension as we have no one who can beat a man then deliver a good cross. We have other players who play in wide role, most obviously Palmer who is not a good defensive player but in the side out wide for his attacking ability.

Again, you are mirroring Mowbrays opinion rather than giving your own.

Did I not suggest a defender in Liam Lindsay from Barnsley. suggested him during the summer. 

I think Rodwell did play there as a youth player and maybe in the under 23's. (could be wrong tho)

If Rodwell is the back up centre back then we don't need another centre back imo. We don't want to overload the squad. 

on the wide role, We could do with pacey wide player. But we do have a lot of options wide in Bennett, Armstrong, Palmer, Conway, Rothwell. Could I name a player we could go for? No I couldn't. Palmer will have develop his defensive work in the side look at Rothwell and the work rate/defensive work you have to do in this team. Rothwell has been great since coming in. 

Is no one bothered our back up right back is Caddis? 

Unless Bennett plays there, but he seems to be needed in most of the central midfield positions too. A good quality rb would be my shout allowing Nayambe to slot into cb if needs be. Along with Downing and Williams also able to play there we should have enough at cb, assuming we have cover for Nayambe. 

Also not one of the wide players in the squad is a winger type who can cross and have a bit of pace. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blue blood said:

Is no one bothered our back up right back is Caddis? 

Unless Bennett plays there, but he seems to be needed in most of the central midfield positions too. A good quality rb would be my shout allowing Nayambe to slot into cb if needs be. Along with Downing and Williams also able to play there we should have enough at cb, assuming we have cover for Nayambe. 

Also not one of the wide players in the squad is a winger type who can cross and have a bit of pace. 

Harrison Reed plays there and CM. Played there lots for Norwich last season.

• Like 1

Raya

Nyambe. Mulgrew lenihan bell

Reed

Bennett.    Evans.  Palmer

Dack

Brereton 

Subs

Canadian, Graham, Armstrong, Williams, Samuel, Smallwood, Rothwell

Looks a competive squad, especially considering, you've got the likes of Davenport, Conway, Rodwell, downing, tomlinson and Whittingham not getting in the squad. But still feel looking we need another proper out and out winger and a centre back who is capable of playing as a replacement for mulgrew or lenihan. 

Edited by AAK

17 minutes ago, AAK said:

Raya

Nyambe. Mulgrew lenihan bell

Reed

Bennett.    Evans.  Palmer

Dack

Brereton 

Subs

Canadian, Graham, Armstrong, Williams, Samuel, Smallwood, Rothwell

Looks a competive squad, especially considering, you've got the likes of Davenport, Conway, Rodwell, downing, tomlinson and Whittingham not getting in the squad. But still feel looking we need another proper out and out winger and a centre back who is capable of playing as a replacement for mulgrew or lenihan. 

Blimey. Rothwell has been superb and dropped already. Reed must be some player!!

• Like 1

Noticed people arguing about Rodwell’s positioning. Think I’m right in saying in the interview he gave when at Sunderland to the press about it not being his fault he said he saw himself more as a centre half than a midfielder?

I think I mentioned on here there wiuld be some interest in Dack come January shiuld he perform well at this level.  It's inevitable, good player.  However the Foxes link is just Nixon mischief making.  He does like to stir the pot with us.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Blimey. Rothwell has been superb and dropped already. Reed must be some player!!

He has, just based on the fact Reed is a defensive midfielder, Rothwell isn't, weve had too many players recently playing out of position. Evans I feel you couldn't drop, and he's not getting in instead of dack. And he's definitely not a winger, even if tm would think about playing him there. 

10 minutes ago, AAK said:

He has, just based on the fact Reed is a defensive midfielder, Rothwell isn't, weve had too many players recently playing out of position. Evans I feel you couldn't drop, and he's not getting in instead of dack. And he's definitely not a winger, even if tm would think about playing him there. 

Pretty sure I read one of Rothwell's preferred positions is holding midfield and likes to carry it out from deep. 

30 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'm mega confused if we sign Reed as well.

Indicates Rothwell will be playing wide all season. 

I don't think Mowbray trusts Rothwell to play in centre midfield yet.

I would love to see Rothwell playing deeper and driving us forward but I'm sure i remember Mogga saying in an interview that he has spoken with Rothwell and doesn't think he has the discipline to play as one of the two yet. 

Reed is a bit more of a defensive type. I think Mowbray prefers two tacklers and workers in that position at the moment.

Hope Evans coming off yesterday was just a niggle, he has been excellent since the start of the season and back end of last season 

3 hours ago, Neal said:

Pretty sure I read one of Rothwell's preferred positions is holding midfield and likes to carry it out from deep. 

May well be but hes not a Richie Smallwood upgrade which is what we need. We need a battler in there, who's job is 95% just that. Rothwell as you say will be looking to pick up and bring out, but we need a smallwood in there, but a championship smallwood like Reed. 

Edited by AAK