BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes I do know what the word prefer means. Mowbray PREFERRED his business to be done early and on a permanent basis. He said as much and explained why. So it clearly does matter to him when people sign and whether they are permanents or loans otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

If it didn't matter in the slightest then there would have been no point to our manager saying those things.

I don't think I'm being critical or sarcastic, just pointing out that the most important person in this process, the manager, has said things that contradict the suggestion that it doesn't matter when we sign people or whether they are loans.

End of the day I'll judge him on results as I do every manager, not what he says or does in the transfer window, but I'm not going to convince myself all is wonderful when I don't think it is.

Super new recruitment system? Quite sarcastic for me. Hasn’t done too shabbily in the last twelve months and I’m not convinced it’s as simple as many seem to make out. Starting with the fact that we’ve never had such an early window followed by a loan one.

There will always be something to criticise I understand that, but I think you’re making a bit much of the club saying it’s wanting permenant signings but not getting them - anybody managing any club with a budget, wants good prices, good players, sensible wages and it’s never straight forward.

Edited by Biz

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Bayes said we won't be hearing from the manager today, no pre match presser 

strange? either he's working on a deal, or he's peed off at the recruitment and doesn't want to answer questions about it

1 minute ago, AAK said:

strange? either he's working on a deal, or he's peed off at the recruitment and doesn't want to answer questions about it

Cant imagine him ducking to avoid questions. Doesnt fit with his character.

Hopefully that points to the first part being true

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Anyone know why they have brought back a loan window after scrapping it last season? Or are there different rules for Championship and League 1?

I presume it's because the permanent window has been shut earlier and there was most likely clubs who voted against the change,so was put in to appease them.

Closing the window before the season starts (prem) is good in theory but implementing it in a world cup year was a bit stupid in my opinion.

• Like 1

I'm worried about the clamour to bring Chapman in like he is going to be the answer to all our prayers, who is a talented but raw/defensively naive player who couldn't win a starting place under Mowbray in League 1 he's since had 2 serious injuries and played little football. As a backup/development player I think he could be great but the lad has a lot of learning to do.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be surprised if TM was a bit peed off given that going off his own rather Ill judged comment we only managed to bring in one player (Armstrong) off our "C" list.

Chapman with a view to a permanent deal and Abraham on loan please. Let's salvage the situation.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I'm worried about the clamour to bring Chapman in like he is going to be the answer to all our prayers, who is a talented but raw/defensively naive player who couldn't win a starting place under Mowbray in League 1 he's since had 2 serious injuries and played little football. As a backup/development player I think he could be great but the lad has a lot of learning to do.

We don't have much on the bench in terms of an attacking threat to be fair, agree with you he won't be ready to start a lot of matches and his injury record is a concern.But being 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go id rather have a player with Chapmans attributes to call upon than not 

I would like to see us either offer trials or short term deals to any of (with longer contracts an option with success):

- Jack Rodwell (depending on wage cut)
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (has a healthy goals and assists record - can play on the wing or upfront)
- Jan Kirchhoff (would give us better defensive options - can play CB - CDM)
- Robert Huth (tons of experience and would give us a backbone)
- Ross Turnbull (experienced in Championship and would give us a superb backup to Kean)

I'd also like to see us make offers to sign on loan with a view any of:

- Marcus Maddison (to be signed for £2.5 million if loan period successful)
- Harry Chapman (to be signed for £1 million if loan period successful)
- Wil Trapp (to be signed in January - I trust Mowbray's scouting network)
- Nahki Wells (the scum are massively overstocked with forwards with Matěj Vydra coming in last night - sign him with a view and make them regret letting him go)

Above is a fantasy list. None will happen, although most are achievable.

Edited by RovingRover
Name spelling edit.

6 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I would like to see us either offer trials or short term deals to any of (with longer contracts an option with success):

- Jack Rodwell (depending on wage cut)
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (has a healthy goals and assists record - can play on the wing or upfront)
- Jan Kirchhoff (would give us better defensive options - can play CB - CDM)
- Robert Huth (tons of experience and would give us a backbone)
- Ross Turnbull (experienced in Championship and would give us a superb backup to Kean)

I'd also like to see us make offers to sign on loan with a view any of:

- Marcus Maddison (to be signed for £2.5 million if loan period successful)
- Harry Chapman (to be signed for £1 million if loan period successful)
- Wil Trapp (to be signed in January - I trust Mowbray's scouting network)
- Nahki Wells (the scum are massively overstocked with forwards with Matěj Vydra coming in last night - sign him with a view and make them regret letting him go)

Above is a fantasy list. None will happen, although most are achievable.

Wells joined Derby I think 

Just now, RovingRover said:

No mention of it on Derby or Burnley's site?

Maybe it didn't go through then but it was all over Ssn when Vydra was on his way to Burnley that Wells would be going on loan to Derby, and the loan window still open.

Do they really need him tho, how are they getting away with having so many players on decent wages,Ffp my arse

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

A continuation of the Transfers/Thursday deadline thread- who would you like us to bring in on loan? Who do you expect us to bring in on loan?

Be good....

Strikers - Gallagher(Loan to buy in January) , Brereton(Loan to buy in January) , Martin(Loan for 6 months) , Vellios(Loan till January) , Woodrow( from Fulham)

Midfielders - Chapman(Loan to buy in January) , Maddison(Loan to buy in January), Osborn(Forest)(Loan to buy in January) , Anya(Loan till January) 

Centre back - Hector(loan from Chelsea)

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

I'll keep banging this drum - Marcus Maddison is meant to be agreeing loan to buy on Monday with someone, or at least beginning the process (according to their owner)

Was reported yesterday that we had stepped up our interest...

Did any media reporters reported we had stepped up our interest?

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Honestly if I hear Maddison is coming one more time, until there is a concrete link from a reliable source please stfu

Someone on twitter told me the night before the deadline day we had step up our interest in Maddison and also told me that Clough was coming to Rovers and He and Mowbray met at Stanley house. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Strikers - Gallagher(Loan to buy in January) , Brereton(Loan to buy in January) , Martin(Loan for 6 months) , Vellios(Loan till January) , Woodrow( from Fulham)

Midfielders - Chapman(Loan to buy in January) , Maddison(Loan to buy in January), Osborn(Forest)(Loan to buy in January) , Anya(Loan till January) 

Someone on twitter told me the night before the deadline day we had step up our interest in Maddison and also told me that Clough was coming to Rovers and He and Mowbray met at Stanley house. 

I really doubt we will loan that many players. 3 max I would say 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasn't that the guy that was clearly making it up, and you even said that to him?

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I really doubt we will loan that many players. 3 max I would say 

I meant one player from each position. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Wasn't that the guy that was clearly making it up, and you even said that to him?

on deadline day I did say that to him

• Like 1

If anybody follows peterboroughs owner on twitter, he did a periscope after the deadline. If you have 30 mins to spare its quite a good listen

He appears to be very transparent on everything they did, didnt do and tried to do. Taks about the struggles trying to do deals.

He talks about Madison and without saying it, you get the impression he is eager to sell him to balance the books.

He said a championship club came in late with a suitable offer with a loan to buy package, but he didnt want to rush it through.

He said he told the club to call back on Monday and they would talk again. He refused to name the club.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Maybe it didn't go through then but it was all over Ssn when Vydra was on his way to Burnley that Wells would be going on loan to Derby, and the loan window still open.

Do they really need him tho, how are they getting away with having so many players on decent wages,Ffp my arse

I don't think we need him either !!

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who is Clough ?