BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

49%-51%  still covers Nicko's arse in the old might happen might not stakes.

His recent comments on the transfer window re Rovers and TM's opposite view put that to bed once and for all, he knows very little he just cracks on he does.

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

There'd be a lot to enthuse about if the source of this information was considerably more reliable!  ????

Mowbury might be thinking of signing them both so he has options, in terms of numbers and tactics. Could play either player up front on his own and the other as a wide forward. 

Also it seems that Samuel is down the pecking order (not surprising) and Nuttall will go out on loan. 

Wonder about Gladwin (does Tony think there is a player there)

Finally I assume Caddis must have taken up a non-football role at the club. 

Nixon saying we’re interested in Gallagher and Brereton and Bauer yesterday? The man’s a genius! Thank god venky’s are turning over a fast rate of chickens ey!

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nixon has said we are more than 50% there with signing Brearton and Gallagher. Brearton loan to buy and he thinks the same for Gallagher. 

Let's see 

Reading Nixon's timeline and unless I'm blind he hasn't said this?

Would find it odd if we are wanting both Brereton and Gallagher. Thought Mowbray was looking for a midfielder?A centre half?Natural wide player?Goalkeeper 

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Let's see 

That would almost make sense and give a formidable forward line going forward.  Mowbray clearly does not fancy any traditional wingers.  

Gallagher, Brereton and Armstrong have all played out wide.  They would be completely interchangeable during a game -  each one could move centrally.  Nightmare to play against for a CB.

*Would definitely be a show my arse moment if we spent circa £10mil on 2 players though. 

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That would almost make sense and give a formidable forward line going forward.  Mowbray clearly does not fancy any traditional wingers.  

Gallagher, Brereton and Armstrong have all played out wide.  They would be completely interchangeable during a game -  each one could move centrally.  Nightmare to play against for a CB.

*Would definitely be a show my arse moment if we spent circa £10mil on 2 players though. 

After all Fergie did it with Rooney, Ronnie and Tevez a few years back ?

25 minutes ago, CraigF said:

Mowbury might be thinking of signing them both so he has options, in terms of numbers and tactics. Could play either player up front on his own and the other as a wide forward. 

Also it seems that Samuel is down the pecking order (not surprising) and Nuttall will go out on loan. 

I think Caddis has just been kept on so that he can test the suspension on the new coach we've bought.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Reading Nixon's timeline and unless I'm blind he hasn't said this?

Would find it odd if we are wanting both Brereton and Gallagher. Thought Mowbray was looking for a midfielder?A centre half?Natural wide player?Goalkeeper 

I do think we need 2 strikers personally. That said I would also regard at least one wide player as being of equal priority. Maybe TM sees Armstrong and these two as being able to come in from wide positions.

Quite surprised we haven't started shifting our deadwood out on loan as well.

32 minutes ago, CraigF said:

I think Caddis took that role the day he signed

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I do think we need 2 strikers personally. That said I would also regard at least one wide player as being of equal priority. Maybe TM sees Armstrong and these two as being able to come in from wide positions.

Quite surprised we haven't started shifting our deadwood out on loan as well.

We only play 1 up front though, if we signed both then it would leave  Gallagher,Brereton,Graham and Armstrong fighting it out for one spot.

I know any of Gallagher,Armstrong and Brereton can play wide in the the 3 behind but why not just buy an actual winger, Chapman or Maddison.

Anyway i can't even see where Nixon has written that, would be surprised if we are in for both Brereton and Gallagher.

On 16/08/2018 at 09:42, RevidgeBlue said:

Not much sign of the loan player we were more or less promised before the weekend. Looks like the loan window is moving with the same well oiled efficiency as our dealings during the permanent window. Get ready for us to make a last minute bid to loan someone with an option to purchase for 10m when it is too physically late to complete any deal on deadline day

incidentally it was very strange terminology used when Sharpe ran the story on Monday whereby TM "admitted" there'd be another signing before weekend. Almost as if it was being done against his better judgement. You'd usually save that sort of terminology for bad news I.e. TM "admitted" player X would have to be sold to balance the books etc.

Presumably just a slip of the pen by Sharpe. Doesn't appear to be happening anyway.

Boy Simon you are really joining the galss half full queue of late.  Are you just peeved that we have not signed anyone if note?

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I’ve looked through Nixon’s tweets. Only mention about Gallagher is saying that it’s an expensive deal. That’s pretty much it.

Yeah me too been over it twice and no mention of it being 50% we will sign both Gallagher and Brereton. 

Surely this Brereton deal is close to  a conclusion one way or the other.

41 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Rovers boss Tony Mowbray says he is willing to listen to offers for experienced duo Peter Whittingham and Paul Caddis.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16445145.mowbray-will-listen-to-offers-for-experienced-rovers-duo/?ref=mac

Yes let's offload the overrated underperforming players asap