BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Zach Clough. Forest player. was at Bolton

Another one off the bullshit twitter list, some pleb saying we were singing him.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

Thinking about it I'm pleased we didn't pay for Bauer for a few reasons. Despite him being a desired option.

1) Charlton wanted £2m with 11 months on his contract. Crazy fee.

2) He says he won't be signing a new contract and Charlton get £0.

3) We look like we're playing 4 at the back and hopefully we shouldn't need him right now and have short term cover in Downing and Williams.

4) We are still front of the queue for him in January and June and will get him for WAY less than we'd have got him for yesterday.

...Unless Charlton are top of the league and certain for promotion.

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Thinking about it I'm pleased we didn't pay for Bauer for a few reasons. Despite him being a desired option.

1) Charlton wanted £2m with 11 months on his contract. Crazy fee.

2) He says he won't be signing a new contract and Charlton get £0.

3) We look like we're playing 4 at the back and hopefully we shouldn't need him right now and have short term cover in Downing and Williams.

4) We are still front of the queue for him in January and June and will get him for WAY less than we'd have got him for yesterday.

...Unless Charlton are top of the league and certain for promotion.

Or somebody else shows an interest.

39 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So you don’t believe him yet you still post it on here like it’s fact??? 

The Clough info was posted before deadline day and I didn't post anything from him on deadline. Maybe look back before asking questions that wasn't needed

anything else Ricky? 

IF Maddison does have an attitude problem the fact that hes still at Peterborough ought to have knocked him down a peg or 2 , Mowbray just might be willing to leave him there til January  and see how his attitude and performances have been 

Would like to see a striker , the need for a target man is well documented , what's not been said is that a target man needs good service , we have the likes of Dack Palmer and Armstrong who are all good technically and an attacking threat but do not have the quality of delivery someone like Gallagher or Gestede would thrive on , even our full backs are not great crossers of the ball , some people have been obsessed with a "pacy winger" , well we had one of them in Feeney ,I would much prefer a winger who could actually cross a ball regardless of how fast he can run

Just now, AJW said:

IF Maddison does have an attitude problem the fact that hes still at Peterborough ought to have knocked him down a peg or 2 , Mowbray just might be willing to leave him there til January  and see how his attitude and performances have been 

Would like to see a striker , the need for a target man is well documented , what's not been said is that a target man needs good service , we have the likes of Dack Palmer and Armstrong who are all good technically and an attacking threat but do not have the quality of delivery someone like Gallagher or Gestede would thrive on , even our full backs are not great crossers of the ball , some people have been obsessed with a "pacy winger" , well we had one of them in Feeney ,I would much prefer a winger who could actually cross a ball regardless of how fast he can run

Feeney wasnt a pacy winger. He wasnt even a pacy footballer. At best and being polite, he was just pacy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He didn’t go in the end.

Doesnt sound like Lampard wants to loan him either.

I highly doubt The Dingles would send him to us on loan. 

Bollocks to that dont want any double decker off them lot

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Strikers - Gallagher(Loan to buy in January) , Brereton(Loan to buy in January) , Martin(Loan for 6 months) , Vellios(Loan till January) , Woodrow( from Fulham)

Midfielders - Chapman(Loan to buy in January) , Maddison(Loan to buy in January), Osborn(Forest)(Loan to buy in January) , Anya(Loan till January) 

Centre back - Hector(loan from Chelsea)

Did any media reporters reported we had stepped up our interest?

Someone on twitter told me the night before the deadline day we had step up our interest in Maddison and also told me that Clough was coming to Rovers and He and Mowbray met at Stanley house. 

Nicko?

7 hours ago, RovingRover said:

I would like to see us either offer trials or short term deals to any of (with longer contracts an option with success):

- Jack Rodwell (depending on wage cut)
- Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (has a healthy goals and assists record - can play on the wing or upfront)
- Jan Kirchhoff (would give us better defensive options - can play CB - CDM)
- Robert Huth (tons of experience and would give us a backbone)
- Ross Turnbull (experienced in Championship and would give us a superb backup to Kean)

I'd also like to see us make offers to sign on loan with a view any of:

- Marcus Maddison (to be signed for £2.5 million if loan period successful)
- Harry Chapman (to be signed for £1 million if loan period successful)
- Wil Trapp (to be signed in January - I trust Mowbray's scouting network)
- Nahki Wells (the scum are massively overstocked with forwards with Matěj Vydra coming in last night - sign him with a view and make them regret letting him go)

Above is a fantasy list. None will happen, although most are achievable.

Aways liked Huth. As tough as it gets. Must be well into his thirties? Not so much a problem with centre-backs though.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Emmanuel-Thomas, Turnbull, Rodwell and Kirchoff are beyond the bottom of the barrel.

Emmanuel-Thomas has Championship experience, can play upfront and did well for a very ordinary Gillingham team when out on loan last season.

Turnbull was just an idea, who has experience in all the leagues that we have made our way through and could be that experienced option we need to assist.
Kirchoff can play CB and CDM. Again... Just to add squad depth.

43 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Emmanuel-Thomas has Championship experience, can play upfront and did well for a very ordinary Gillingham team when out on loan last season.

Turnbull was just an idea, who has experience in all the leagues that we have made our way through and could be that experienced option we need to assist.
Kirchoff can play CB and CDM. Again... Just to add squad depth.

Emmanuel-Thomas is a number 10, hes quite slow, hes incredibly inconsistent and lazy and nowhere near the quality of Dack and Graham. Hes League 1 quality at a push.

Turnbull, id rather just stick with Leutwiler.

Kirchoff is injury prone and barely played for Bolton last season. Rodwell is clearly someone with a big attitude problem with fitness and wage issues.

If they were all available tomorrow for the game none would make the bench.

We need players to improve the first team. 

Jesus...I’m reeled back in to the transfer window pt2!!

Deadline day stank the house out for me. I’m happy to believe that we have specific targets and that we have a cash budget for transfer fees BUT now I need to be convinced that we’re not being spun a yarn from Waggot and (unbelievably) Tony Mowbray. As much as I love the guy for what he’s done for my beloved club I KNOW footballers and the industry. Managers work tirelessly to make sure they never hand their bosses any change back after a window. Why wouldn’t you spend your budget?

For what it’s worth I’m not blaming Venkys for Thursdays utter clusterfuck. That has to be on SW and TM.

Fully believe there will be loans. Need them to be ‘with a view’ to prevent my bullshit-o meter going haywire.

The only contextual soother is that it’s obvious how hard it’s been for everyone in this window. And, even the clubs around us who’ve done business (Bolton, Wigan, Ipswich) haven’t done anything great imo. I’d prob only take Garner and Edwards from the whole lot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Jesus...I’m reeled back in to the transfer window pt2!!

Deadline day stank the house out for me. I’m happy to believe that we have specific targets and that we have a cash budget for transfer fees BUT now I need to be convinced that we’re not being spun a yarn from Waggot and (unbelievably) Tony Mowbray. As much as I love the guy for what he’s done for my beloved club I KNOW footballers and the industry. Managers work tirelessly to make sure they never hand their bosses any change back after a window. Why wouldn’t you spend your budget?

For what it’s worth I’m not blaming Venkys for Thursdays utter clusterfuck. That has to be on SW and TM.

Fully believe there will be loans. Need them to be ‘with a view’ to prevent my bullshit-o meter going haywire.

The only contextual soother is that it’s obvious how hard it’s been for everyone in this window. And, even the clubs around us who’ve done business (Bolton, Wigan, Ipswich) haven’t done anything great imo. I’d prob only take Garner and Edwards from the whole lot.

Not just "with a view.'  Need a couple of decent signings (not 17/18 year olds) with agreed fees.  We couldn't even get the City loanee!

We need to get back to the football now.  Win a few games this month and things won't look as bad. 

Obvioysly -flip side - End the month with only a couple of points and no decent signings..

44 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not just "with a view.'  Need a couple of decent signings (not 17/18 year olds) with agreed fees.  We couldn't even get the City loanee!

We need to get back to the football now.  Win a few games this month and things won't look as bad. 

Obvioysly -flip side - End the month with only a couple of points and no decent signings..

Everybody is allowed to forge an opinion and I’m swaying towards the idea that we didn’t get a few of those who went to Preston/Bolton and a few loans elsewhere because Tony didn’t want them.

I think we had around 5/6m to spend in total upfront and I think we had a few targets move out of our range after we spent some time on them-  he even mentioned one (at time it was guessed Bamford to leeds being 7/10m)

I even think Armstrong started off at 3m upfront, hence why it didn’t happen until Newcastle started moving a few around and sold Mitrovic.

The window as a whole was different. Even Mourinho (most successful manager of all time) at Manchester United (one of the biggest clubs in the world) seemingly stumbled from target to target because of ever increasing costs and shifting goalposts.

Im not comparing us to them, but I’m thinking the market is harder than people think - when average/risky players are costing tens of millions, it takes timing and luck - especially at our end of the scale; I’m under no illusion who is to blame for why we are in this position.

Thats not to say I’m not under whelmed either, but it’ll take a decade to get over spending more than a million signing players like Bradley Orr, Petrovic, Formica, vuckevic, Goodwillie, Slew, Best etc! Or the frees that cost us 10s of millions. If you go back further, there are plenty of other examples of us wasting money. Ashley Ward anyone?

A pragmatic approach is welcome from me.

Just to add - I think the squad is stronger than the previously relegated one overall so I’d expect us to be mid table or at least safe without any more additions.

Edited by Biz
  • Like 4

Personally, I’m disappointed we didn’t get Brereton in. He is exactly the sort of player we need to be a replacement for Graham. Strong, fast, great ball control... he will keep improving and has a bright future ahead.

Checking Transfermarkt, Brereton and Chapman appear to have the same agent. Would love both players to come on loan with a view to buy in the next few weeks.

• Like 1