BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Brett Pitman again on bench for pompey.

Don't understand this one at all... How does a guy who scored that many goals for them last season sit on the bench? Apparently changed fame for them when he came on.

Edited by Neal

Just now, 47er said:

no.I don't like us losing. Pathetic question.

So to sum up, you fear we might be overpaying for Brereton at £7m-8m or whatever because no one else seems interested in him but you don't want us to lose signing him if someone else did show an interest and offered more money ?

Illogical Mr Spock. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

So to sum up, you fear we might be overpaying for Brereton at £7m-8m or whatever because no one else seems interested in him but you don't want us to lose signing him if someone else did show an interest and offered more money ?

Illogical Mr Spock. 

"Everyone on here wants Rovers to have the strongest possible squad in order to compete as much as we can, to suggest otherwise is just a bit mischievous IMO."

Nice quote from KHod earlier in this thread. Suggest you read and digest.

Just now, 47er said:

"Everyone on here wants Rovers to have the strongest possible squad in order to compete as much as we can, to suggest otherwise is just a bit mischievous IMO."

Nice quote from KHod earlier in this thread. Suggest you read and digest.

Agree with the above.  I was merely questioning your very odd original post. 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray said we are close to one and hopefully done by the weekend, if it was Bauer he wouldn't be playing tonight 

Aaaahh the old "done by weekend" line.  Hiw many times we heard that one.  Gonna replace month of Sundays.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Agree with the above.  I was merely questioning your very odd original post. 

Nothing odd about wondering why, if Brereton has the world at his feet, no-one but ourselves are interested.

And if you agree with KHod's quote, then follow it.

End of conversation for my part.

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Nothing odd about wondering why, if Brereton has the world at his feet, no-one but ourselves are interested.

And if you agree with KHod's quote, then follow it.

End of conversation for my part.

Sentence 2 is a non-sequitur.

The lack of transfer activity seems to be getting to you. Calm down before using words like "pathetic". 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

I appreciate English possibly isn’t your first language (you’re German, right?) but do you have to keep repeating this phrase over and over. It just antagonises people.

4 hours ago,  Mark45 said: 

(I hope I don't have a ban for voice my opinion as I have 2 times in last weeks)

We have good team for input into the Championship, if we sign no big money or big names it won't be bad i my views.

Trust Tony, he is building project to challenge promotion, may not be this seasons, but next may be?

Doesn’t antagonise me pal, you’re English is pretty good. You carry on saying what you like it’s your right.

It’s great to have fans abroad and who wish to post on this board.

Edited by old darwen blue
  • Like 5

Chill folks.

Numerous times I have set my aspirations knowing they depend on several other parties and missed self set deadlines.

The keys are:

- tenacity and patience

- knowing when you have a lucky break and being able to take advantage of it

- being able to reassess situations as they happen dispassionately and not making yourself hostage to past positions

Easier said than done.

No doubt Nixon has made Rovers job at least 50% harder than it should have been. Mowbray would not have said what he did about a leak if it weren't seriously harming us.

Whether we land four targets or zero targets, I am confident we will have had a team at Ewood pulling together and doing an honest job in the best interests of Rovers and I haven't felt that way since November 2010...

We are going to stay up if we sign nobody.

We should scare most of this division if we land all Mowbray's targets in the next few days AND we will still have a united motivated squad and the financial fundamentals will still look better relatively speaking than they did two years ago.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, old darwen blue said:
   4 hours ago,  Mark45 said: 

(I hope I don't have a ban for voice my opinion as I have 2 times in last weeks)

We have good team for input into the Championship, if we sign no big money or big names it won't be bad i my views.

Trust Tony, he is building project to challenge promotion, may not be this seasons, but next may be?

Doesn’t antagonise me pal, you’re English is pretty good. You carry on saying what you like it’s your right.

Stuey’s just trying to find himself since he was forced to internalise that he (falsely) places himself on a pedestal of knowledge and greater understanding than the rest of us.

So now he’s trying to re-position as a ‘man of the people’ type. A person who cares for his Rovers family. Sadly he began one of the most awkward posts ever by referring to and highlighting the posters nationality which is insensitive and unbecoming of such a hero.

I was surprised he’d managed to get a whiff of antagonism from all the way up there anyway...Bless him.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

What an odd point scoring post.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Stuey’s just trying to find himself since he was forced to internalise that he (falsely) places himself on a pedestal of knowledge and greater understanding than the rest of us.

So now he’s trying to re-position as a ‘man of the people’ type. A person who cares for his Rovers family. Sadly he began one of the most awkward posts ever by referring to and highlighting the posters nationality which is insensitive and unbecoming of such a hero.

I was surprised he’d managed to get a whiff of antagonism from all the way up there anyway...Bless him.

Pipe down sunshine. It’s no wonder clubs moved you on “because of your injuries”.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Pipe down sunshine. It’s no wonder clubs moved you on “because of your injuries”.

YEAH!! Because THAT’S what happens when you upset the big boss hey Stuey? Except you’ve never actually been the big boss have you? That’s the problem. Let it all out sweetie, you’ll feel better for it ?

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

If you believe the stories that we're going around bidding £4 million for Freeman and £5 million+ for Brereton then it seems cash for transfer fees isn't the issue. Makes me question what the wage situation is like at the club as its clear we're in some difficulties in getting Championship experienced players into the building despite being supposedly armed with millions thanks to our kind owners. 

Just hope we don't reach a stage where Graham or Lenihan or Mulgrew or Dack enter a sustained absence and we say we could have added more people in the summer and had the money to do it but didnt. 

See this is an example where I struggle to take your posts seriously on Tony. Maybe it’s a bit of me, in a similar way finding something to be “antagonised” by, echoing another poster who struggles with “trust tony”... maybe it’s the meds from breaking my arm yesterday or...;

Maybe it’s this incessant need to find some sort of scandal, cock up, conspiracy, change of tact, poor decision, mistake etc? That’s not suggesting you can’t be negative either, which seems the standard reply to anyone pointing out these strange assumptions/opinions. Examples;

It’s the assumption that we have some decent fees because of our “supposed kind owners”, facetiously put across somehow adding gravitas to “the s*n” Nixon “Chicken money” story, which we both know is likely BS jazzed up for a dig.  

Its the blurring the lines between the meaning of the words “must get”, “would like” - putting your expectations on Tony’s comments about his wishes but ignoring the other comments from him and others that the fact the markets completely evolving, difficult and an absolute agent minefield.

Not so long ago, you would’ve championed GB or someone else for being so pragmatic and sensible, not bowing to agents, and not putting a huge chunk of our money (be it transfer fee or wage) into a rushed transfer or a player with a “Leon best” attitude. Especially after the Kean/Anderson/Coyle debacles.

Tony said himself he hopes we don’t have to go through to Christmas, with just this depth, most likely because of an injury as you allude to but let’s not simply assume or say that’s because we chose “not to spend” or have wage concerns - especially when we are seeing (and have recently felt the drawbacks from) first hand what agents do to clubs trying to bring new players in.

If I had a suggestion or a criticism to make after this window, perhaps what Gary Neville said on Monday about Mourinho is true - maybe we need a DOF, a sporting director or simply some extra structure within the club to help these scenarios. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

YEAH!! Because THAT’S what happens when you upset the big boss hey Stuey? Except you’ve never actually been the big boss have you? That’s the problem. Let it all out sweetie, you’ll feel better for it ?

“It’s time to move on Paul”

• Like 1

anybody get the feeling that Mowbray's frustration at the delays in the deals he wants and the fact that these targets have become public, may lead him in switch to totally new targets which havnt been reported