1 hour ago, 47er said:

And your second sentence is pathetic.

What's "pathetic" about the below ?

Would you rather we were in a bidding war for him and lose out because we can't pay the price?

1 hour ago, Jim Royle said:

But you are, so you’ll look on grumbling if we don’t spend money, moan it’s on the wrong players if we do spend money, remember every mistake every young graduate has made and hold it against him for years, always think that other clubs are getting better players in, hell you might even chant 442 when 3-0 up in the premiership!

I might even wear my King Kenny t-shirt and sing "we're walking in a Shearer wonderland". 

However, I do believe we are building, or at least trying to build a team for the future. I am all over buying young hot prospects for £xmillion rather than go down to the the route of buying has beens with mega wages. I trust TM and his team and think/pray that this is the beginning of something good. 

1 minute ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

I might even wear my King Kenny t-shirt and sing "we're walking in a Shearer wonderland". 

However, I do believe we are building, or at least trying to build a team for the future. I am all over buying young hot prospects for £xmillion rather than go down to the the route of buying has beens with mega wages. I trust TM and his team and think/pray that this is the beginning of something good. 

Woke up this morning, feeling fine.

I know he did his ACL but even so, he's a fantastic player and one of the few who runs at defenders in a straight line, always looks to beat his man. Providing he hasn't lost too much pace as a result of his ACL surgery and/or the ability to turn sharply he should absolutely rip it up in the Championship.

22 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

I can't believe that Bolasie will be playing in the championship.

Injuries clearly affect him. 

Can he cope with Championship football and the demands? We will see but I can see him being injury more than playing

I think its unfair to say injuries affect him, he's had 1 horrific injury which has kept him out for a long time, prior to that his injury record is pretty average for a Premier League winger. He managed to play in the final 20 games of the season last year after being out for over 12 months with an ACL tear, so his knee looks like it's holding up ok thus far.

Edited by Lancaster Rover

Bolasie may well have lost confidence following  his  injury. One thing is for certain, he has the ability to run riot in this league if he rediscovers the form of a couple of seasons ago.

I know Rich Sharpe isn't as in the loop as we thought but he seems to think we haven't gone as high as 8 million for Brereton. 

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I know Rich Sharpe isn't as in the loop as we thought but he seems to think we haven't gone as high as 8 million for Brereton. 

He's probably right as if they went from 5 mill to 8 I think Forest would've ripped Rovers hands off and also I don't think TM is that daft.  Probably if it goes through it might be a deal up to 8 mill or a deal worth 8 with fee, contract etc etc.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He's probably right as if they went from 5 mill to 8 I think Forest would've ripped Rovers hands off and also I don't think TM is that daft.  Probably if it goes through it might be a deal up to 8 mill or a deal worth 8 with fee, contract etc etc.

Has to be addons such as a promotion clause or something - wasnt we due more from Boro if they got promoted with Rhodes?

9 hours ago, JeffRover said:

No he isn’t. He is clarifying with other clubs and the EFL what their definition of “with a view to buy” is. There is no indication given whether TM wants it to be legally binding or not. He might want to stop another club swooping in January which causes Forest to cancel the deal and get more money for him. Equally Forest want to protect themselves and stop us sending him back for nowt if he is a dud. It’s effectively a permanent transfer in all but name. We’ve gone over this many times before.

You might want to read the quote again. He specifically mentions the word 'binding' twice. What kind if 'binding' did you think he meant? Book binding? And if a club 'swoops' for Brereton in January after he's been on loan with us then a 'loan with a view to a permanent deal' isn't legally binding. So it isn't a permanent transfer in all but name if it isn't legally binding. You get that right?

And I'm not sure who you have 'gone over this many times' with before my exasperated little friend but it certainly wasn't with me.  

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You might want to read the quote again. He specifically mentions the word 'binding' twice. What kind if 'binding' did you think he meant? Book binding? And if a club 'swoops' for Brereton in January after he's been on loan with us then a 'loan with a view to a permanent deal' isn't legally binding. So it isn't a permanent transfer in all but name if it isn't legally binding. You get that right?

And I'm not sure who you have 'gone over this many times' with before my exasperated little friend but it certainly wasn't with me.  

Can't understand why TM has said this though.Clubs have already done deals on loan with a binding deal come January 1st 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So why haven't they signed him ? £ 8 million is absolute peanuts to clubs like Utd or Liverpool. 

Maybe they think he's not quite good enough for them ?  On the other hand if he is that highly regarded it's surprising a lesser PL club hasn't come in for him.  Rovers are damned if they do sign him and damned if they don't sign him with this player. As you say, £8m is nothing these days but to Venky-run Rovers it's an aboslute fortune and we can't afford to get it wrong. 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Can't understand why TM has said this though.Clubs have already done deals on loan with a binding deal come January 1st 

It does seem a strange thing to say. If he wants any deal to be legally binding then they would just include a clause in the loan contract surely? 

Edited by blueboy3333

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It does seem a strange thing to say. If he wants any deal to be legally binding then they would just include a clause in the loan contract surely? 

Deals have already been done that will become perm in Jan  since the permanent window closed.And like you say it can just get written in the contract.

And even when Rhodes joined Wednesday it was initially on loan and becoming permanent once the next window opened. 

Have to say those quotes from Mogga left me confused when I read them.He talked about getting clarity from the EFL and Premier league, I mean surely if anything needed to be cleared up then questions would have been asked and answers got by now.Only 10 days till the loan window closes 

(I hope I don't have a ban for voice my opinion as I have 2 times in last weeks)

We have good team for input into the Championship, if we sign no big money or big names it won't be bad i my views.

Trust Tony, he is building project to challenge promotion, may not be this seasons, but next may be?

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Deals have already been done that will become perm in Jan  since the permanent window closed.And like you say it can just get written in the contract.

And even when Rhodes joined Wednesday it was initially on loan and becoming permanent once the next window opened. 

Have to say those quotes from Mogga left me confused when I read them.He talked about getting clarity from the EFL and Premier league, I mean surely if anything needed to be cleared up then questions would have been asked and answers got by now.Only 10 days till the loan window closes 

I wouldn't have thought it was anything whatsoever to do with the EFL or the Premier League. Clubs can insert a clause making the move permanently binding on both parties or not. It's entirely up to them.

Have to say it's all coming across as one excuse after another and has done for quite some time. Then at the end of the window we can claim we gave it "a right good go" but were beaten by circumstances beyond our control etc.

I'm not blaming TM as he seems to be a man of integrity and I don't think he would intentionally lead the fans down the garden path. Between Waggott and the recruitment department though they don't half have to get their act into gear .