BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Firstly, you are a better man than me if you know MK Dons tactics 3 years ago.

He was, but Gallagher scored a lot of his goals under him playing WITH Graham. He wouldn't have a target man with him, he would have to be the focal point.

He doesn't have the same skillset as Graham, nothing like it, Gallagher is quite fast, spends most of his time facing goal, is weak, cant hold it up or win flick ons. Graham meanwhile, is very slow, spends a lot of time facing away from goal, is strong, can hold it up and can win flick ons. If we subbed on Gallagher for Graham, we would have to play a totally different style of football. 

Do you appreciate the point, and agree with me, that Gallagher and Graham are totally different styles of strikers?

We aren't going to agree on whether we rate Gallagher, I don't, you do, so Im not interested in that, agree to disagree. Do you agree with the above point?

You are only happy with it because you think everything Nixon says is correct. Mowbray has come out and said he had the same budget throughout, Nixon said the opposite in one of his made up stories. Therefore, nothing Nixon has said regarding our transfer deadline day business can be trusted. I personally trust Mowbrays word over Nixons.

I'm not saying Brereton isnt available, but our bid was rejected for him. 

Karl Robinson was manager there and we had Bowyer/Lambert has manager here. 

Do you have any stats on the Graham and Gallagher partnership in the 2016/17 season? 

Maybe signing Gallagher or Brereton whilst Graham is here will give them time to learn from Graham. We can play a different way with different strikers. 

Nowhere did I say Graham and Gallagher were the same type of striker did I? 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

h“But this short-termism of loans we will try and add some players who will excite the fans and help the team as we go on as when injuries and suspensions come, as the team will have to push harder than last year, some bodies will break down as we go on, we need to have some experience and quality waiting in the wings to make sure we don’t fall off the pace.”

That doesnt suggest that signing everyone on loan with an obligation to buy is necessarily what he has planned. Hence the phrase "short-termism."

"I’m sure if we’re doing okay then that funding will still be there for the next window." - just hope the money doesnt vanish.

"in the wings"---its a sign I tell you!

Chapman's coming home!

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm with Roversfan 99 on the Gallagher issue. He's just a taller version of Armstrong. Do we really need two players who can only play effectively alongside Graham ? 

No and moreover its' a ticking time bomb before Graham is sidelined through injury: he's over weight and nursing dodgy knees. I was amazed he lasted yesterday. Then what?.........Rudi Gestede on loan anybody?

Difficult it is for Rovers fans to accept, we are not an attractive proposition even with money.

The days of John Williams persuading people to come are long gone and I have to say Steve Waggot is in the not yet proved good enough category- Davenport is probably the only signing where silver tongues might have worked given Armstrong knew us already.

Results this month are going to be critical to convince potential loanees we are not facing imminent relegation.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

No and moreover its' a ticking time bomb before Graham is sidelined through injury: he's over weight and nursing dodgy knees. I was amazed he lasted yesterday. Then what?.........Rudi Gestede on loan anybody?

Gestede has done sweet FA since leaving Rovers , keep well away !!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Away, if we could get gestede back I’d be jumping for joy

I was reading a long article in the paper about him at the end of last season. He's had a few injuries since he left Rovers that have effected his mobility. Given the fact he wasn't the best mover in the first place I'd give him a sweve.

5 minutes ago, philipl said:

Difficult it is for Rovers fans to accept, we are not an attractive proposition even with money.

The days of John Williams persuading people to come are long gone and I have to say Steve Waggot is in the not yet proved good enough category- Davenport is probably the only signing where silver tongues might have worked given Armstrong knew us already.

Results this month are going to be critical to convince potential loanees we are not facing imminent relegation.

Game time is what players would find attractive I guess and it appears the manager seems to have some pull in these situations given how most players openly discuss him being a reason to sign. If we can get further up the league it would probably help too. 

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Graham isnt over weight at all. 

I think he was coming off yesterday until Bennett got injured. Nuttall was warming up for a long time yesterday

Gestede has done nothing since leaving here and our current team and style isnt set up for Gestede. Plus isnt he injury or even had pre season? And why would Pulis let him out when their squad isnt that big. Plus Gestede's wages are liking to be beyond our reach

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, philipl said:

And I get called negative. Pay the money you get the decent players. Nothing else matters. Try and avoid spending and do things on the cheap you end up with the rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Gestede has done sweet FA since leaving Rovers , keep well away !!

I love Rudy I think we all do but the lad is a lower level Any Carroll in more ways than one plus you really can only play one way to get the best out of him. Would be a fantastic option from the bench but you'd never get your wages worth in mins from him.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

It's a fair point but to me it comes back to wages, JW had to overpay to get and keep some good players in the Prem and since then us being able or prepared to pay beyond our means has been both beneficial when done correctly by the right people and our undoing when not.

TM & Waggot will learn that persuading some players here will take matching a wage they can get at maybe a less illustrious club and money wins all day in football.  Their labours will continue to prove fruitless unless they have a bit of room to move in that dept.

Really should start by getting rid of non contributers and loaning out those who you might be able to better for now like the Samuels and Nuttals it might be the only way to build.