BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

Didn't realise rodwell  could play cb,  has he ever? 

In his younger days apparently.

" At youth level Rodwell often played as a centre back but in stepping up to the senior team began to play in midfield."

"Although Rodwell is primarily deployed as a defensive midfielder, he was regarded as having the potential to become a top centre back early in his professional career"

3 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Didn't realise rodwell  could play cb,  has he ever? 

I was wondering the same thing

Just now, JacknOry said:

" At youth level Rodwell often played as a centre back but in stepping up to the senior team began to play in midfield."

"Although Rodwell is primarily deployed as a defensive midfielder, he was regarded as having the potential to become a top centre back early in his professional career"

We need to get him on the pitch first.

He'll need a few months to get match fit and he'll pick up plenty of injuries on route.

Doubt he'd make the bench before Xmas.

Just now, JacknOry said:

So almost  a decade ago? Fabulous 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

So almost  a decade ago? Fabulous 

Yeah I know - surprised me too.

TM does like to have players that can play a number of positions though. Strikers that can play wing, wingers that can play strikers, Bennetts that can play anywhere, CB's that can play midfield, Rb's that can play CM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

I was wondering the same thing

We need to get him on the pitch first.

He'll need a few months to get match fit and he'll pick up plenty of injuries on route.

Doubt he'd make the bench before Xmas.

He'll be on the bench Saturday, making his debut on the hour when Lenihan goes off injured. 

If he is coming in on a cheap deal at least the guy seems to want to get back playing football.

With the money the guy made at Everton, City and Sunderland he could retire and live comfortably for the rest of his days.

There is no doubt that he was a talent, you don't have two big money transfers and represent England if you have nothing about you.If it's a cheap deal it looks like a no lose deal for us

43 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

wonder if we could get diego reyes seeing he has no club or is that me dreaming :)

How is he even still a free agent? With some of the utter tosh players that have found clubs this window it's surprising to see a proper centre half still without a club. He must be holding out for a blockbuster deal because I'm sure he isn't short of offers!

5 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Passed a medical at Watford didn't he? Someone was saying to me earlier he trailed  at Watford and passed a medial 

Played a few games in pre-season and did ok apparently. Their fans weren't happy about a potential deal though. I'm not sure why it eventually broke down 

14 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

How is he even still a free agent? With some of the utter tosh players that have found clubs this window it's surprising to see a proper centre half still without a club. He must be holding out for a blockbuster deal because I'm sure he isn't short of offers!

maybe he waiting for rovers to come along a boy can dream :)

7 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Just got a horrible feeling it's gonna be a season full of injuries. Hope I am so wide of the mark though. 

As for Rodwell I think it will be a brilliant signing. He always had class and guided by TM we could rejuvenate a real gem. 

I really hope Lenihan has a good run at this season. He had a poor game yesterday, but I think he will have a very good season if he stays fit 

• Like 1

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

If Tony signs Jack Rodwell I hope that he has done “due diligence “ by talking to Chris Coleman and others as to his current attitude, fitness and ability rather than relying on what he was like in his “glory” days. 

Haha..wonder if Big Sam did similar due diligence with Coleman in respect of you know who?

• Like 1