BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Loan Window

Rodwell is a no brainier on a cheap short term deal. If he gets anywhere near the levels he’s capable of then he’ll be the best cm at the club by a country mile. 

Signing Reed as well on loan means we are very overloaded on central midfielders. Travis will go out on loan, Whittingham will probably go, and Smallwood will become a reserve. Not sure where this leaves Davenport, I can’t see him getting a look in. Rothwell will most likely play further forward. 

We neee a new striker (or two) and a wide player and then I think we’ve got a good squad. 

Dark horses for the play offs? 

Just now, JHRover said:

Wouldn't ever tolerate taking a loan from them. Hemed a different matter though.

Would Hemed have come up north though?Agree would have been a good signing but seems Mowbray is targetting a younger striker,If nobody is brought in then i'l rue missing out on the likes of Hemed 

18 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Sunderland fans see signing of Rodwell as revenge for us selling Steele to them....?

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/rodwell-to-blackburn.1443055/

Must say I love the humour . As a Sunderland fan I would say “Mowbray and  Rodwell a match made in heaven.” For those who say Mowbray doesn’t take risks with the dressing room Karma , fasten your seatbelts. 

Just now, callumrovers said:

Wish Tony would stop putting time frames on our signings. He just makes a rod for his own back.

Yeah agree with this.Perhaps he is being told by Waggot or Cheston that things are close but if nobody signs today it will be the last 3 weeks we have been promised a signing with nobody joining

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Rodwell is a no brainier on a cheap short term deal. If he gets anywhere near the levels he’s capable of then he’ll be the best cm at the club by a country mile. 

Signing Reed as well on loan means we are very overloaded on central midfielders. Travis will go out on loan, Whittingham will probably go, and Smallwood will become a reserve. Not sure where this leaves Davenport, I can’t see him getting a look in. Rothwell will most likely play further forward. 

We neee a new striker (or two) and a wide player and then I think we’ve got a good squad. 

When did he last get to the level he is capable of? 8 years ago when he was at Everton?

Everything I have read so far, suggests he wouldn’t be brought in as a CM, he would be playing as a CH. 

Example below

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-hand-jack-rodwell-chance-13758808.amp

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes no sense to sign a midfielder to play as a defender. 

Can't argue with that.

He wanted Bauer clearly but Charlton wouldn't play ball,perhaps go back in for him in January 

Still not totally against signing Rodwell on a cheap And short term contract with incentives to make the contract longer and more lucrative.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Dark?...jet, shiny black, I would say...if horses at all..

26 minutes ago, pick32 said:

If we get Reed a cm who can play fb for the season I think Travis will go out on loan, a season plying 30+ games in league one will do him no harm.

He is going on loan, deals agreed with Bradford, fleetwood and Luton, left to play to decide. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/championship-round-up-blackburn-earn-draw-and-close-on-jack-rodwell-8sksmfrhs 

Looks like Rodwell is a go. Good signing in my opinion - he clearly has ability. Up to Tony and the squad to kick him up the backside and make him realize it.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 1